Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Betty...girl, you are doing great...TRY THIS: go to the grocery store and pick up a 25 lb sack of potatoes...that's how much you have lost...you are going to pick up and start losing more...it may just take you a couple of fills to do it...remember everyone is different...Billy has lost 67 lbs on 2 fills...I have had 3 fills...Lisa has had 4 fills...it just takes time...Be patient and more importantly, don't get depressed...It is pretty common that the first fill doesn't do a whole lot, especially for those of us who are heavier...so don't fret too much about this one...wait till you at least get #2 or #3...you started at the same size I was...#2 fill I could tell a difference, but felt I need another...#3 could tell a big difference, actually think I am a bit too tight...so it won't be long I bet before you will tell a HUGE difference...

I am doing SOOOO much better since I have really been trying to pack in the protien...I am trying really hard to eat lots of things with protien...still having problems getting things down, but tolerable...depends too on what time of day it is...usually evenings are easier...(next appt. is Aug. 27...we'll see how it goes til then)

School starts tomorrow...looking forward to the challenge of TEENS...just hope I can adjust to the mentality differences (...if there is a difference...LOL) You guys take care...:)

You already know I can't spell! And WHEN are they going to get the edit button fixed???????

:) Who knows.....maybe we should all gang up on Alex. lol Naaaa, better not. we might get kicked off the board. lol I don't know if he even knows about it.

Morning everyone!

GOOD LUCK THIS MORNING LYNN! Everything's gonna be fine. You'll see.

Today, I'm gonna be positive :bounce: Today, is going to be a great day. I am going straight by the book (or box). Today, I'm going to try to get enough calories and more protein.:hungry: Today, I am going to work hard. :faint: And if I intend to do all this stuff, I have got to get myself up off this chair in front of my computer, and get started. :)

That is my promise to myself for today..... what's yours??? :eyebrows:

Yall have a good day!

You too Susan, for I know what day it is.......:heh:

lisa

Ok, so far this morning...... I have raced 1 mile on the bikes (thanks to T), and jumped on the trampoline for 15 minutes. Does that count for exercise???

lisa

Hi to all!

You all are the best! Thanks for all the kinds words. It was and is driving me crazy (how much weight have you lost now) that i have been asked over and over. I wish i had a dollar for ever time i was asked that, i could pay for my part of the surgery. lol It make you feel like a failure when you have to say i am not losing. I will have to get over this and get on with the program!

I wish i could go to the support meeting. I am not a good night driver and my husband is worst than me.

Thank you all again, and i will try to hold my head up and get on with looking forward to all the weight i will lose soon.

Oh, I see.....in Arkansas. Maybe, if someone lives close to you, yall can car pool or something. Support group helps alot when you first start. It would be good for you to go if possible.

Ok, I stayed in the box today. Did my exercise and am now working on my last bottle of Water. How did everyone else do?

How was school, Lynn?

Shannon, how bout you? How did you do today?

Susan? hhmmmmm.........

Sharon, I haven't seen you post today. What's up?

And everyone else that's lurking.......Yall need to post too!!!!

Don't be shy, we won't flame you or anything... lol

Yall have a good nite.

ljg

Hello everyone. Mondays are usually hectic for me. Things seem to get in a mess around here on the weekend. Mon. a.m. is my "get it" day. Strip sheets, laundry, yada...yada...yada...ya'll know the drill. Plus we are getting ready to go out of town, scratch that..I am getting us ready. lol. We will leave tomorrow afternoon or evening. I will be taking my laptop, just not sure how much time I will have to use it. We'll be gone about four days. Everyone take care and LOSE...LOSE....LOSE... while I'm gone. Lose some for me too. Since my scales seem to be "stuck."

Hey Lisa, haven't found any painless nails, why don't you come up with an idea for me. lol

I did okay today. I didn't exercise as much as I usually do. Two of our kittens we killed last night by dogs and I spent much of the day trying to find them before Gus got home, only to find them mauled. I did swim 30+ minutes this evening. Wrestled Gus in the speech therapist's office for 30 minutes...I did SWEAT loads during this, so I'm counting it as aerobic exercise...remember he weighs 45 lbs and is strong as an ox. I did cheat just now because I was starving when I lay down. I had a very small slice of red barron pizza. Gus started his new preschool today and we have extra long days on Mondays and Wednesdays from about 7-6pm with all the therapies to get him to talk. Tomorrow and Thursday I have Water aerobics, but maybe I can rest after I get my car fixed and go to the dentist! Sheeesh! This is supposed to be summer VACATION! I'd rather go to work!

We didn't kill the kittens! Yikes....I meant to type were! Sheesh...I'm going to bed.

Hi everybody! I've been laying off the board for a while because I didn't want people to feel I'm lurking or spying. Except for hippmom; yes we are tracking you and have logged your IP address and are preventing you and only you for accessing our website: Texas Arkansas Lap Band :confused:

For those coming to the Texarkana support group next Monday, be aware there will be a new location. The YWCA was sold and the new owner will not be renting their room any longer.

We need a new location by next Monday, and so far we have lined up Wadley hospital. That room is a bit small if we have much over 50 or 60 people so Betty said she may try to find something else in the next week.

Obviously we can't call 500 people individually, so we will try to send out a newsletter. (Say thanks to Deb and Tammy when you see them next week because they are going to have to lick 500 stamps, yuck! :confused: )

The new location should be finalized in the next couple of days and will be on our website. Go to our website and click on seminars and support groups and the new location will be noted in the next couple of days.

Also, Dr. Keilin recently read a book by Khalia Ali on her Lap Band journey. Ms. Ali is the daughter of Muhammed Ali, the former heavyweight champoin of the world. We are giving away a free copy of the book on our blog page. Go to the website and click on blog. Or here's a direct link : Lap Band blog

And one final note: Many people have wondered about getting enough Protein. For many Lap Band patients, getting protein can become an issue because you might have significant restriction when eating meat products. Our practice has partnered with Bariatric Advantage, a company specializing in supllements for weight loss surgery patients.

We can now offer protein supplelements made with the bariatric surgery patient in mind. Go to our website, Lap Band Surgery Texarkana- Serving Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana and click on 'Estore.'

See y'all soon.

Well, first day of school behind me...still a chaotic mess...

I am now scheduled to teach 7th Language Arts, 8th Language Arts, and 6th Language Arts...then in Oct., I will switch the 6th grade Language Arts classes to a 5th grade Reading class...go figure? And, it may change again tomorrow, who knows?

Not like I am not already nervous enough about all this, they have to make it so complicated...

THIS TOO SHALL PASS...(I hope)!!!

okay...so I didn't go to bed...I got all interested in the new supplements and have spent the last half hour reading about them....it's something I'm definitely interested in...thanks Dr. H.

- NOW I'm going to bed for real. Night y'all!

dr h i have firgue out a way to go to noscales so your ban didn't keep me off the site lol

Susan, Man, I didn't know you were so much trouble. I'm gonna have to bring a switch to the next meeting and change your attitude a bit.

Thanks Dr. H. You can lurk if you wanna, then when we come into the office, you will know what's been happening. lol

Lynn, glad the first day is over. Hope things settle down soon.

Shannon, I have a couple of replacement kittens, if you want them. Sorry bout the others. Dawgs can be gross sometimes.

Sharon....I've been thinking....we used to use surgical glue on our surgery patients to help prevent huge scars when they were closed up. And to keep them from chewing out the sutures. (No, not people.... dogs, cats, horses, frogs, armadillos and whatever animal we did surgery on) That might not hurt as much as nails.....hmmmm what do you think??? lol And we could leave a small spot for a straw. lol

I have the same promise to myself as I did yesterday, do yall?

Yall have a good day!

lisa