Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Twinstwice - I have a friend in TXARKA that was banded in Mexico too and she uses Dr. Kathleen Querry for fills...not sure I spelled her name right, but she's listed on the lapband site as one of the docs that is close by. She seems to really like her too.

Thank you, Sharon. I was stunned this morning when I put a new battery in the scales and it said I'd lost 7 lbs since last week! I got on and off on and off about 5 times to make sure it didn't change it's mind. 50lbs was my first goal. I'm setting a new to lose 60lbs by the time my students return on August 20th. Y'all remind me of that from time to time if you don't mind because eating is getting easier now.

I'm going to call and ask about the ibuprofen tomorrow, I'll let y'all know what they say. The liquid children's ibuprofen worked today, but I did notice it going down, drank some Water and it went away

Good luck Betty!

Lisa

Lisa - I hope that mother-in-law gets better soon!

Hi to all!

Lisa g, I hope all goes well for you and your mother and you have a safe trip. You both will be in my prayers tonight.

Thank you all for your support for me. I am looking forward to my fill and will write you back to tell how it went.

Twinstwice, i was also banded on june 20th. Have you had your first fill?

Lynn and sugarbear i talk all the time to my friends how nice you both was and how much i learned from our dinner meeting. We will have to do it again and maybe more will come next time.

Just to let y'all know, I called Dr. H's office and spoke with his nurse and she said it was okay to take children's liquid Motrin for my arthritic ankle if the Tylenol didn't work.

Hi to all!

I had my first fill and i dont feel any different. I just got to hope it kicks in. There was a lady there for her third fill and she does not have any restiction at all, plus she said she had gained weight. I was the same wieght as i was for the two week check up. Dr H. said i was doing great.

Sunlight, YEAAAAAAAAAAA! Glad everything went well. Now, the hard part....BE PATIENT..... Many of us didn't feel any different. So you are feeling "normal." It was my third fill before I got what I call restriction. Everyone is different. I now have my fourth, and I can tell I have more restriction. I feel things getting stuck now where as before that part was few and far between. I find myself having to be more careful of what and how much I swallow at a time. This is a first for that for me, but it still isn't like some describe it. Not like Vlynn. I was hoping for that this time. It is better so I don't want to complain. Did you make sure the size of your band and how much fill you got today? Just curious. Take care and try to make good food choices.

Hi, Ladies...

It's late and Billy is working late, so thought I would see how you guys are doing...

Lisa, hope all goes well with your Mother-in-law...My prayers are with you and your family...

Betty, I am really proud of you...don't worry, like I told you before, don't be surprised if you don't feel a whole lot after this first fill...it may take another before you actually start feeling much...it's only 6 weeks...you can do it!!!

Sugarbear, I have gotten me some of the Myoplex and started it...it's not too bad (not great, but not TOO bad)...I am trying to get in more yogurt and cottage cheese too (for more protien)...everythings a little easier the past few days, so we'll see what happens...

Lo2us...you may be my newest best friend...I may need to get advice from you on teaching these teenagers...I am kinda nervous about what I am going to do with them and how they are going to do with me...I can be tough on 5 year olds, but not so sure about 13-14 year olds...

Twicetwins (hope I got that right)...is there a reason for the name?...My daughter's best friends are a set of twins...she has two sets in her class (one set of girls and one set of boys)...interesting!!! Also...have you talked with PS about your fills and things...I know Betty mentioned that they do for people who have had their surgery somewhere else...you might check on it...

Take care...Billy is home!!!

Vlynn, good for you about the Protein. No more than you could eat I was worried about your nutrition. Next time we eat, you can eat off my plate, you wouldn't make a dent in it anyway! lol. You can also get individual serving there instead of a plate. I almost always get the mini plate unless I don't see a meat dish I want. Then I just get me a couple of veggies. That is what I like best there. I noticed someone is trying to start a support group in OK, Tulsa I think. Don't know how far you are from there. I think PS has one in OK but forgot where. It is on the no scales site I think. They are changing our place for meetings but it wasn't posted the last time I looked. When do you have to start back to work? I guess that time is right around the corner. Hey, I love your truck! Meant to mention that before. We would love to have one of those. I have a Camry with 263,000 miles on it! Imagine that!

Has anyone ever tried that Muscle Milk? Wonder if it is "good." Heard someone talking about it, not sure about the protein content ect. Guess we will have to chek it out too. What flavor of Myoplex did you get?

I've been having a time trying to choke down Vitamins. Gus and I have been taking Flintstones Complete, but for some reason they taste like a mouthfull of rust to me and I gag trying to get it down. I found a chewable Centrim Vitamin and it's not bad at all.

Everything is still going down easy as long as I take my time. How's everybody else doing?

Vlynn - I know this sounds awful, but it some of the best advice ever given to me when I started teaching Middle School kids...if you can pull it off, don't crack a smile or joke and play with them for at least two weeks. Don't let them get by with ANYTHING until Christmas. They respond well to rewards too, I guess all kids do. They really respect you if you're upfront and honest about what you can tolerate behavior-wise the first day too. Above all, when it gets hard...remember that they're just silly kids at the hardest time in their life trying to feel comfortable. Good Luck!

I believe that Dr. K told me that they no longer do fills that were from Mexico surgeries. Liability I guess. But I think they do fills for people that move in from somewhere else in the U.S.

Lo2us, glad to hear you are doing so well. Glad things are going down easier. I notice I am filling up quicker, maybe not quick enough but certainly better than before. Maybe next time will be my "sweet spot." I think you may have reached yours quickly. I guess your mom made it home ok ?

You guys may have to get behind me with a whip and run it off me!

Lisa, hope everthing is better with you mother-in-law. Let us know when you can.

Hi yall. We're home. Mother in law is doing better. She had six transfusions Wed. and Wed. nite. She seems to be in good spirits, which is a good thing. We are waiting to find out if the docs think radiation is best before or after surgery. I guess we will know more tommorrow. We got home last nite about 2:30a, so if I mis-spell, please forgive. My eyes are still crossed. ;) As we still don't know how invasive this is, please continue prayers for her and the family up there. (Branson)

Yall don't go to Branson if you need a fill. VERY BAD PLACE!!! I won't have to miss my appointment tuesday after all. (I hope) I didn't gain anything while I was there, but I didn't eat right. You know how it is when someone is in the hospital. You eat junk. I just didn't eat a lot of junk.

Yall have a good day!

lisa

lisa

hope the decision about your m-i-l come soon so the treatments can get started you all are in my prayes.

so glad you will be here for your fill on tues.

it's been lonely without your shoulder to whine on!!!

keep in touch

Surely not..... not with all these ladies to keep you company....they just need to get tuff and call you names like I do, problem child. lol

Glad to see everyone's ticker moving. Shannon, sounds like 60 won't be a problem for you. Have you seen the liquid vitamins at Wally World? I have heard they are very good. I can't think of the name right now, but they are in a white bottle with a green label They might be worth looking into......might not taste like rust.

Lynn, I know you can do it. You have lost so much, a few more pounds before school shouldn't be a prob for you.

Betty, you might not feel the first fill. Don't get discouraged. I have had 3 now and waiting on the 4th. It took a couple to begin feeling the fills for me. Even then, it was a couple of weeks AFTER I got it before I felt it. So, hang in there. I promise, restriction is just around the corner.

Talk to yall later, I need a nap.

lisa

Lisa, glad m i l is better. What kind of surgery might she be facing? I may not have caught exactly what her problems were. Anyway hope it all works out well. I know how it is when there is illness in the family.

Hippmom, you can whine on my shoulder anytime, of course I may return the favor..lol

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2:

For those of us who are struggling...HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: