Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Cmoomoos

Open two windows. In one window go to the ticker website and make your ticker.

In your other window come to this site and go to your user "CP",(above the post, and to the left in the small blue bar.

When you get there, on the left side of the page, click on edit signiture.

When you get this done, go to the other window and RIGHT click on the picture of your ticker, and "copy" back to the "signiture window" and in the box that says "edit signiture." ( It will be under the Preview Box) and right click again in that box and Paste the ticker in that window. That should do it.

I got these instructions from Lisa, and it worked for me. Seems like I had to do it twice but it finally took. lol.

How are you doing??

Hi to all!

Sugarbear, i go for my first fill thursday. I am so hungry! The meds the dr put me on are almost gone and i will be glad of it. The steroids are making me want to eat so much. At least the coughing is better now. Hope your fill works for you and you get your air back on.

Lynn, how are you doing? I really enjoyed talking to you and sugarbear the other day.

Hi everyone!

Sugarbear, I'm fine. Just not a whole lot to say. Not losing, not gaining. Just waiting..... til next Tues.

Have yall kept a food diary yet? At our last support group meeting, Mrs. Betty gave us homework for a month. I had been just estimating my caloric intake instead of writing it down. After I started recording it daily, I figgered out something. Boy, was I wrong. I am not getting the calories that I thought I was.... Most of the time it's less than 1000. Can you just imagine getting more than 1500? Has your mind set changed to the point to where when you see someone with a "normal" meal, you think, "How can a person possibly eat THAT much?" I would just bust open! Well, it's happened to me. I guess that's a good thing. Now.... to find the time to get my exercise going again like before it started raining. :)

Cmoomoos, have you tried your ticker yet? I hope you can get it going. If you have more problems, go back and re-read Sugarbear's instructions above and see if they make more sense than mine.

lo2us, how are you doing now? Is life getting back to normal yet?

Hi Susan!!!!! Are you keeping your diary? Are you still being the "problem child"? I thought that was my job. lol

Hi Lynn. Still going strong? How's Billy?

And to everyone else..... Hi Yall!

Have a good day, everyone,

lisa

I had another good day. So far so good.

I half-heartedly keep a food diary, about every other day and I noticed the low calories too. I've added a glass of milk and one of juice to help up it. Some days I get like 750 and I'm sutffed!

Sunlight, how did your fill go? Are you feeling it now? I did the first few days after my first fill. Felt really strange to me. Mine usually kicks in about 2 weeks after. Let us know how you feel.

lisa

gosh why didn't someone tell me i had misspelled texarkana in my sig. line i have it corrected after only a year LOL

Hi to all!

Lisa G, I go for a fill thursaday july 26th at 2:00. I sure hope i can tell i am filled when i get it. I am starting to get bills in from surgery and it is depressing me a lot. My insurance pays 1/2 up to 4000.00 then nothings else. I dont know for sure how much this is going to cost me. I hope it does not cost as much as cash price but if the bills keep coming in it is looking bad. I am hungry all the time and had put on 3 lbs but have lost it back now. I have only lost 25 pounds since i started this june 6th. I guess i need to try to keep a postive outlook and trust in God to help me.

Hello to all...

Betty, please don't get discouraged...I certainly understand about the bills (medical) piling up...I have been where you are at...God does help you, just give Him the worry and you concentrate on losing the weight...and, don't forget that is what WE are here for, too....

Billy and I are doing fine...I am still having a little trouble being able to eat much, but hanging in there...I'm on another stand still, so beginning to get a little frustrated...If I were eating a lot, I could understand it, but not being able to eat much, you would think I would be dropping the weight...talked to Betty @ our support meeting and she suggested I needed an un-fill, too...

Billy and I are working on keeping a diary this month too...I was wanting to lose about 8lbs before school starts so that I could say I have lost 80...but, doesn't look like I am going to make it...still have two weeks though...

By the way, speaking of school, I am not going to be teaching Kindergarten this year...my superintendent has moved me up to the upper grades and I will be teaching 7th & 8th grade Language Arts, Reading and 5th grade Reading...Go Figure!!! Please Pray for me!!!

Hi Lisa, those are your ticker instructions...I saved them from when you gave them to me. lol

Vlynn, if you aren't getting enough food your body will go into a "I'm starving mode" and hang onto everything it gets. Mrs. Betty talked about that at the last meeting. Are you upping the protien. Remember the Myoplex like Lo2us uses. I am not losing either, but not due to the lack of food. I did get a fill Mon. I guess tomorrow when I go back to normal eating we'll see what happens. It is discouraging when you go six weeks and no WL. I am sure it is my own fault, poor food choices for the most part, not counting the amounts. Hope that gets better now. I wish a small band would have fit around my stomach. How do you think you're going to like the change in your teaching practice? All new lesson plans for sure, huh?

Hi Betty, glad you are feeling better. Don't get discouraged, this takes a while to get leveled out. Longer for some than others. Always know you are moving forward. If one fill doesn't work there are many more to come. Be patient. I am still working on that one. lol.

Shannon, hope everything is back to normal at your house. Hope Gus is back to sleeping. I missed you last Thurs. hope you can join us the next time we do it. We will have a new suppport meeting place. I haven't checked the noscales site yet but I may tonight or tomorrow.

Susan, only 33 pounds to go!! Woohoo!! That must be a great feeling. Congrats!!

HOw's everybody doing today?

Vlynn - Hang in there and be brave, I've spent the last 8 years with 6-8th grade and few high schoolers! Keep an eye out for their sneak cell phone cheating!

I have an awesome headache this morning. Not matter how often I take Tylenol, it doesn't work. I took an adult dose of Gus' childrens ibuprofen so that I can make it to take him to speech this morning. I know they told us no ibuprofen, but sometimes it's the only thing that helps. Have any of you had problems with it and have you taken it in pill form? Is there anything other than tylenol we can take for aches and pains and headaches?

I've gone three days straight with nothing getting stuck and this Thursday will be 2 weeks post fill. Woohoo! Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of it, and was just being a wuss????

Sugarbear, you posted them, their yours now. lol

Betty, Lynn is right. Cast your worries on the Master. He will provide.

Susan, no one wanted to be the one to break the news that you aren't the spelling be champion. We just wanted to be nice. lol And...problem child, how's the Water consumption? Or was it something else, I forgot....

Gosh, Lynn! Bless your heart! What else is there to say? lol I'm glad it's you and not me. Oh, and don't get discouraged. I'll bet you will be so busy, that those eight pounds will come off easily. Stay with it girl.

Yall have a good day!

lisa

Just so everyone will know...... I won't be online for a few days. Mother-in-law very sick. Going to Branson.

Yall be-have yourselves and stay in Mrs. Betty's box. I don't guess I will get my fill next Tuesday. But I guess I can live a few more days without it.

I'll talk to everyone later, k?

lisa

HI,

I am from TXK and I had my surgery in Mexico on June20th. It was a good experience other than the drive and the language barrier. I was self pay and this was a good choice for me. Will answer any questions if you want to know about it. I have lost 18 1/2 lbs and not sure when Ill get a fill. As long as things are going ok,, I might just keep doing what Im doing..Wanted to jump in and say hi!

Hello Twinstwice. Glad things went okay for you. Where will get your follow-up care and fills? Just curious to know. All of us banded on this thread use the same doctors.

Shannon, I am so proud of you. Look at that ticker go! I better get my butt in high gear if I am going to even be in the same league with you.

Betty, I know tomorrow is your big day. Try to relax, everything should be fine. I am glad you are off your medicine. Try to find a couple of really low calorie Snacks and keep them available if you can't make it through the hungries. Get rid of any high calorie temptations. My son is home for the summer and that has been murder for me. We tend to cook and make his favorites. Lord help, it is so hard to break old habits!! I didn't lose a pound inbetween the last two drs. visits. POOEY!! Let us know how tomorrow goes as soon as possible.

Vlynn did you do something to increase your Protein intake? Also check your fat intake. Too little isn't good either. I am so happy you are losing, but I want you to be healthy too. You will have to be in top shape for all those tricky teenagers. lol