Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Shannon, glad to hear things feel better. Do you know how much is in your band now? I have a feeling you will be dropping weight like crazy with all the restriction. Bring your mom if she wants to come Thurs. Are you still working on projects at your house? Sounds like a fun thing for you guys to do together. You will have to go and help her do hers now. LOL I would love to do some remodeling. My house desperately needs it, but I have to wait til I get my son out of college. "money, money, money." Take care.

Susan, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited for you. I hope to join you some day soon.

Sunlight and Priss, you guys are doing good too. Sorry you can't come Priss, I was looking forward to meeting you.

Sunlight do you think you might get to come to lunch?

Anyone else?

Hope to see you Thurs. Take care.

Susan, I thought I heard something out my back door. lol Way to go! That just makes you want to work harder, don't it. That is so cool. You coming to the meeting tommorrow nite? I am bringing a friend that has been to see Hekier. She is looking at January before she gets her band.

Sharon, I can't come. Just too much going on. Sorry. I would like to come sometime, but this time is just not gonna happen for me. Again, sorry.

Shannon, glad you could eat something last nite. You just have to be your own judge as to wether you can eat something or not. Like I said, take your time and if it don't feel right, don't eat any more.

As for me.... I just wanna scream. I'm trying to tuff it out, but I'm not doing so well. Maybe, I can get outside this week and work. Head hunger is really bad at my house these days.

Yall have a good day.

lisa

Go Susan! I can't wait until I'm where you are!

Oh yesterday was i first bandiversy(can't spell) been on vacation and forgot what the date was!!!

Hi to all!

Sugarbear, Yes i do plan to come thursday. I am looking forward to it. I will tell my daughter she has to get another babysister for thursday.

We had a dinner at church and i ate too much. I really need my fill. I am trying not to eat to much. I need help! lol

Hipmom, way to go on your bandiversy. Your doing good and before long you will be at your goal.

Sunlight, glad you can make it Thurs. I am looking forward to meeting you. I hope we have some others that will be joining us. I will be there regardless.

So any and all of you "TEXARKANA BANDSTERS" we are meeting at Bryces, Thursday at 11:30 for lunch. Even if you aren't banded yet, you are welcome.

We should have plenty of choices for food. I will be in the little lobby area to greet you. I will try to post Wed. what I will be wearing. so ya'll can pick me out. LOL Gray hair, will probably give me away too. LOL

Shannon, how are you doing with eating today? Hope it is going okay. Did you have to call the doc today? Sorry if I am mothering you, I just want you to feel well.

I'm doing okay, just realizing what restriction is and trying to remind myself that my eyes are bigger than my stomach now! The nutritionist got back to me and told me that 1/2 cup is plenty now and I'm glad because that's the most I can hold. It's weirding my out a little, how little I can eat now. In a good way though!

Hi, girls...

Been a long time since I posted...lots of new people signed on...

Well, didn't get a fill today...Dr. H. sort of recommended me to stay where I am and possibly may need to have a little taken out...been having lots of trouble being able to eat...just about everything gets stuck or won't go down good...

Billy got his 2nd fill...has lost 61 lbs...LOOKIN GOOD!!!!

I will be at the "Get Together" on Thursday...Billy has to work nights though and he will have to rest, so he won't be able to come with me...I will have my two youngins with me, is that okay?...we plan to do some Back to School clothes shopping...

Can't wait to meet some of you...hope I will know how to find you all since you are all withering away...I may not be able to see you...

By the way...I don't know some of your first names...I just know your logon names...I go by LYNN...

Lo2Us...I have had problems that you are having and it gets better after a while...I found that a lot of times, I am still trying to eat to quickly...not that that is what you are doing, but I saw myself doing that...I have to sit and look at my food for a minute before I start to eat so that I don't just start scarfing it down...(I know that sounds funny, but it makes me stop and relax and slow down before I start taking a bite)...make sense???? Sorry...had a long day...

Hi to all!

Sugarbear i am looking forward to meeting you too and any other that plan to come.

My name is Betty. I hope you will get to come Lynn.

I get my first fill on the 26th of july and i cant wait. I am eating way too much food! I really need help!

Hi everyone.

Shannon, we got a tip last nite at our meeting that might help you. We had been told before and I forgot about it. Use baby spoons and forks. Makes sense. Smaller bites and less likely to cause problems. I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Lynn, you need to trade in your train and get a race car! Both of you are doing awesome!

Susan, stay away from the Sonic and just for today....... don't get into any more trouble. lol Problem child. And remember, drink WATER!!! lol Na, just had to kid you a little. As for me, I'm going after some bigger popcorn cakes. lol

Betty, hang in there. It's not long until the 26th. My appointment is the 31st. I'm ready for a fill also.

And as for all the "lurkers"...... Yall post! We would like to hear from you!

Yall have a good day

lisa

Just wanted to drop a line and report my one year bandiversary was on the 5th of July, and I have had what Dr. Heiker describes as the model band year. I always told him my goal was to be the model patient, and he is pleased so far. I went for my regular appt. On Monday, had only lost 3 lbs. since the last visit , but he said to just hold steady as I have made excellent progress, have no problems, and the barium swallow I asked for at one year looked perfect. I guess I can now just get on with life and get my mind off my band all the time as all is fine. I have hired a personal trainer from Minton's (inspired by Colby at the meeting), and am enjoying that. I was afraid that some of the exercises might put a strain on my port, but Heiker checked it yesterday and said it was great, so I shall plunge on with the weights.

I really just want to encourage you new guys not to always worry that something is wrong , which I did a lot, and just get used to watching your body change, and work hard at making good choices. My hubby has not gotten his head wrapped around band eating yet,and has even gained back a few pounds he lost post surgery. It really requires setting your mind to bandster eating habits, and the band will certainly do it's job. I am ready to see what year two has in store, and even though I missed my one year goal by about 13 lbs. I am still better than I was one year ago, and if this is where my body wants to rest for a while, I can live with it much better than I could at 249 lbs. Good luck all, and see ya at the next meeting. I know they get boring sometimes, but I always think that if I don't go that those who get there pins for losing weight won't have as loud an applause as they deserve, and they really do deserve a huge applause!!!!!! MIZBOO

Way to go Mizboo! Congratulations on the bandiversary. It's cool that you 86 pounds in one year. Maybe the 13 will come off soon. I hope I can get my mind wrapped around that banster eating thing soon. I'm still having a little trouble with it sometimes. I know it will come in time, I'm just being impatient.

And you are right about the applause.... everyone needs a pat on the back sometimes!!!

Stay in touch, k?

lisa

Glad to hear all the success stories. It is very encouraging to some of us that aren't dropping the weight so fast.

Glad to hear from you Mizboo. It's been awhile. I think the personal trainer thing is great if you can do that. I guess you read we are having a "meet for lunch" Thurs. 11:30, Bryces. Looking forward to anyone that can come.

Vlynn, bring the youngins, that will be fine. The more the merrier.

Gotta go meet DH for lunch. Later.

It is always so helpful to hear the stories of others who have had this surgery. I went for my first fill on the 12th and it was an expirence. I enjoyed talking with the other ladies in the waiting room about their expirence and how well they have done. I was not able to get my fill that day because my port had turned and Dr H said that sometimes happens as you lose weight. I wound up having it done under x-ray at Wadley. Does anybody know it this happens offen. I just hope I don't have to do that again but I am enjoying that results so far. I have dropped 30 lbs and 2 pants sizes. I don't think I have gotten into this size since before my 12 yr old was born. And my husband is pleased with how well I am doing. I am also pleased to read how well everybody else is doing. I will be excited to meet ya'll at the next meeting.

Cmoomoos, hi. Hate that your port turned. Wonder if they can turn it back how it is supposed to be? Sounds like you are making good progress. Do you know what size band you have? Just wondering. I didn't feel a thing on my first fill. I hope mine stays in where it is supposed to be. I guess if it changes with weightloss, you never know. Are you going to post a ticker? Oh, are you comming to Bryces Thursday? Would love to meet you. When you go to Wadley for the fill, do they charge the same or is it a lot more since they have to use the x-ray and all that? Sorry, I seem to be full of questions today. What's your loss so far?