Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

red lobster? what to eat?

If it were me, I would stop at a good restaurant, get something to go, and then sneak it in to Red Lobster or Olive Garden and eat it.

There are SO many "clean" food choices at Red Lobster. Pure Protein and no fat. Read the nutritional info and pre-select what you will order.

I have a friend whose first meal out was a Red Lobster and tried a grilled lobster tail. Said it just sat in his stomach and was very uncomfortable. I'd say try to keep things as moist as possible.

Sure' date=' still have the table menu in front of me:

Tortelloni al Forno

Shrimp Crostini

Sausage Fonduta

Bruschetta Duo

Grill chicken Spiedini (I had this)

Sicilian Meatbslls (next time!)

Pan Seared Mozzarella

Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

The chicken Spiedini had 4 oz of chicken and I had a single bite of wife's salad. Perfect size![/quote']

Thanks! Sounds good. I love their Soup and salad. I may wait a while because I'd want to eat the alas and I'm only 4 weeks out.

Crab legs are so juicy and tender. Sleeve perfect and so healthy!!! My good choices are shrimp and tilapia and crab if I can afford the splurge. :)

Unless you are in maintence, nothing with alfredo sauce. Even if you are in maintenence....be careful, that stuff is made with cream, not skim or even 2% milk.

Crab legs, no butter is good and I like the grilled shrimp, but tell them NOT to brush it with butter. Get into the habit of telling all the servers everywhere, no butter. There are other things on the menu that will be good Protein, just make sure it's not alfredo or scampi or fried!!!! A bite or two of steamed broc is good too.

Unless you are in maintence' date=' nothing with alfredo sauce. Even if you are in maintenence....be careful, that stuff is made with cream, not skim or even 2% milk.

Crab legs, no butter is good and I like the grilled shrimp, but tell them NOT to brush it with butter. Get into the habit of telling all the servers everywhere, no butter. There are other things on the menu that will be good Protein, just make sure it's not alfredo or scampi or fried!!!! A bite or two of steamed broc is good too.[/quote']

Good advice! I had a small plate again as a snack from Olive Garden: the Sicilian meatballs. Very tasty. They give you 5 and I could eat 3 along with a couple bites of salad. This and the chicken spiedini are probable the only two that can be eaten without much concern. The others may still be ok, but watch out for butter and Alfredo sauce as above poster stated. They are all the perfect size if you can manage 2-4 ounces. Nothing to take home or no guilt trip if you leave an extra meatball or two on your plate like I did.

I always get the shrimp they have on a smlaa skewer with pineapple tidbits and some knd of sauce. Ask for the saled with my meal and eat some of that after the shrimp.

Good advice! I had a small plate again as a snack from Olive Garden: the Sicilian meatballs. Very tasty. They give you 5 and I could eat 3 along with a couple bites of salad. This and the chicken spiedini are probable the only two that can be eaten without much concern. The others may still be ok' date=' but watch out for butter and Alfredo sauce as above poster stated. They are all the perfect size if you can manage 2-4 ounces. Nothing to take home or no guilt trip if you leave an extra meatball or two on your plate like I did.[/quote']

We almost went there for dinner just so I could try these after seeing your post yesterday. Instead we did outback with a gift card we got for Christmas :). Thanks for the tip on OG. It's my 9 year olds favorite place in the world...

I get the pick 2 at RL--the stuffed flounder&crab legs. I eat the crab & take home the flounder. It's hard for me to go to OG-I crave Pasta. There's a mixed grill that looks ok nutrition wise. At Outback, the lump crab tilapia is amazing!!!all are low carb& high Protein.< /p>

meh, almost any baked fish would be fine right? I suppose it depends how often you eat out. I am early post op so I am very careful right now but as I get farther and father out it I would hope that if I eat out very rarely when I go to a restaurant that I won't be so worried about what I order, because its a rare thing, but thats just me.

We got into the habit of telling the server to have them not brush (whatever) with butter, prior to my surgery!! My husband had a stent put in and we changed the way we ate quite a bit the, a little over a year before I got sleeved. It's pretty much habit now, for both of us. You'd be surprised how often they do this and how good the food is WITHOUT it!!

We went to Uncle Julio's (TexMex) several months ago. The friends we were with got fajitas, we hadn't been to this place in years and had never gotten the fajitas. Anyway, imagine our surprise when they brought it sizzling to the table and there was a big, mellon scoop of butter melting on top of the meat!! YUCK!!!! Just the thought sounds bad, but seeing it made it even worse!! Now we know!! :)

We got into the habit of telling the server to have them not brush (whatever) with butter, prior to my surgery!! My husband had a stent put in and we changed the way we ate quite a bit the, a little over a year before I got sleeved. It's pretty much habit now, for both of us. You'd be surprised how often they do this and how good the food is WITHOUT it!!

We went to Uncle Julio's (TexMex) several months ago. The friends we were with got fajitas, we hadn't been to this place in years and had never gotten the fajitas. Anyway, imagine our surprise when they brought it sizzling to the table and there was a big, mellon scoop of butter melting on top of the meat!! YUCK!!!! Just the thought sounds bad, but seeing it made it even worse!! Now we know!! :)

I hear you. I love butter, but places can really overdo it. I always ask for it to be on the side if I know its something like that because for SOME dishes the butter is integral to the food but you need FAR less than what they plop on there, and if its hot and melting, there isn't a lot you can do about it.

I went Sun & ordered the 1lb of snow crab legs w/ asparagus. I had the butter too. I do not deprive myself:-) I keep it in moderation. Oh & I had leftovers that my hubby gladly ate up.

I went Sun & ordered the 1lb of snow crab legs w/ asparagus. I had the butter too. I do not deprive myself:-) I keep it in moderation. Oh & I had leftovers that my hubby gladly ate up.

Sounds yummy. I miss the red lobster cheddar biscuits they bring out in a basket before the meal. :) it used to be one of my favorite resteraunt a pre sleeve because I loved all the different shrimps you get in the shrimp feasts, especially the coconut shrimp. If I go there to eat again, I might order some grilled shrimp, hold the butter, or some salmon.

Sounds yummy. I miss the red lobster cheddar biscuits they bring out in a basket before the meal. :) it used to be one of my favorite resteraunt a pre sleeve because I loved all the different shrimps you get in the shrimp feasts, especially the coconut shrimp. If I go there to eat again, I might order some grilled shrimp, hold the butter, or some salmon.

When I got to goal we discovered by accident, from a chatty waitress, that we could order the cheddar biscuits without the cheese and without brushing them with butter. Wow!! It's a win/win because they are fresh, hot, just out of the oven when they are 'special' ordered. It takes about ten minutes to get them, but well worth the wait. Now when we are there, I'll literally PICK at one.....and savor every bite!! We do the same thing with bread sticks at Olive Garden, order without the butter and they are just as good, and the freshest ever!!!!

Red Lobster is very good at accomodating you if you tell them you have had stomnach surgery. The wood fired trout is awesome too and you have enough left to take home and eat for three days! LOL! I used to be able to eat two dinners!