Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

For the last two nights i keep having vivid dreams of the surgery (12/27), scars, food and not sleeping. (Yes, I drempt of not sleeping.) But I woke up this morning, weighed in and had dropped from the liquid diet. Sheesh- if I had the will power I'd just stick with this!

Ok 18th bandsters, how is your energy doing. I feel like the night of the living dead today. it's 6:30pm and I just had my first "meal" the rest of the day I didn't have enough energy to get something, so i did drink a lot of Water today. I feel dizzy, lightheaded, weak and sore. When will I feel normal again?

I talke to the dr. this morning, after crying all morning when I called his office and they kept hanging up onme and yelling that they don't speak English!! awful. "nay Anglish" NAY, NINE SPREK EN DE ENGLISH, NINE!!

So he finally had his wife call me back who speaks english better than she understands, he was in the room with her, so i tryed to ask her questions, but she kept saying she isn't a medical dr. Ok duh!! I called your husband not you! So she tried asking him my questions, but they just weren't getting it.

I jut wanted to know if this pain is normal, and if I can take more of the pain meds than twice a day!

He siad to come in (6hr. drive alltogether) and there will be pills for me at the desk. but he won't be there. No way am i driving 6 hrs. for pills, no. 250 miles.

gas is $3 a gallon! And that's a deal here. on the economy it's about $5.

So I emailed my real dr. the one who speaks english, the one who did the surgery. I have 2 drs. because i had the surgery at his friends hospital so he could give me 1000euro off the price. So i'm supposed to have prescriptions and staples removed by his friend.

So i emailed the bariatric surgeon with my questions about pain meds and if the pain is normal, when shoudl the swelling go down, ect.

this is my response.

TAKE SMALL SIPS, DON'T DRINK BEVERAGE WITH GAS. BE HERE FOR FILL 1 MONTH.

Oh my freaking goodness! I feel like a huge complainer, which i am not at all, but come on now. WTH????

I guess i need to learn German fast! we have only been here 4 months so my german is about 10 words. an nothing medical, go figure.

(((sweethot))) I cannot believe what you are going through. I don't think you are complaining at all!!!!! I think it is awful that you cannot even ask questions. If you were to rate the pain on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst, what wouldit be? I can tell you that 5 days out, my pain while taking Tylenol is about a 2. If I forget to take meds it gets to about a 3 or 4 but not much worse than that. As far as energy goes, I feel like a million bucks. I was out of the house at 9am, drove to my mom's to do some last minute stuff, left at 11 and drove to another town to see my friend who had a baby yesterday, and just got home at 1:30pm. I am tired now and a little gassy so I just had some lunch and I am going to lay low for a little while. I am only giving you details for you to understand what my energy level is. no, I do not feel 100% but I feel pretty close to it. If there is anything I can do, pleae tell me. If you want me to ship something that you cannot get there to you I will. Just ask. You shouldn't have toput up with this. Hang in there!!!!!

BKwalling-I love your pic with hubby. So cute!!!! My steri-strips are starting to look gross since they are curling up a bit and my black shirt lint is getting stuck int he adhesive..they look dirty. But I was told to let them fall off on their own, so I will. How do your scars look unbandaged?

Steph-sounds like a good party. I have a dinner get together tonight with people whodo not know about my surgery. It makes it harder this way. ugh. I am going with the sore throat, can't eat excuse. bummer.

I am getting to be the pro at blending Soups. I bought some minestrone today and threw it in the blender. Yum. I hope that isokay. I think it with some broth and it is liquid so I imagine it isnota problem. I am hungry today (I think) so I am going to have some pudding.

Later~

Edit: BTW, my BMI is officially 39.4...not over 40, I am only severely obese instead of morbidly obese. How nice. :)

Here's a good question for anyone. Has anyone ever experienced gas pains after drinking Water? I seem to be getting alot of gas during and after drinking Water. Can anyone else please tell me if this is normal or if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks

sweethot - are your incisions ok? Red, swollen, hot? any of those could mean infection which would cause extra pain. If so get to the closest hospital asap! I'm thinking you shouldn't be having this much pain - how many days out? 4? By day 4 I was feeling 75% normal, pain from 1-10 was about 2-3 not enough to bother with tylenol. But you had the staples and that could be causing you more pain. I think Ddee had open surgery - she would be a better gauge then us who have tape.

Carol - maybe you are drinking your Water too fast, gulping instead of sips which can cause the gas. But for the first week I was burping all the time. Now I'm just farting. But thats normal. LOL

Kay let us know how the sore throat is going :) ya goof ball! But I understand and would probably play it too if I was around my "members" from work. Some people just don't need to know.

Where's Nat? She must be doing some last minute shopping.

Bk - cute pic - how's hubby feel about the band? Think he'll be jealous when you get skinny? I know mine will - he's always been jealous - and its so funny too. Like at one point a kid at work who is like 20 years younger then me and who also called me mom. He was jealous of him. I'm like heelllllllloooooooo - I'm 100 lbs overweight wth do you think a 22 yr old kid would be looking at me for? too funny! Let me clarify - he's not jealous in a controling way - just a silly way.

kay mine look okay without bandages infact most have healed

steph yes my husband will be so jealous he already is but it is cute

sweethot I am not in any pain right now but I am on pain meds

sorry u don't feel good

obesityhelp

had some advice for taking meds after lapband maybe u could look there and find more

how many people are experiencing the hicups sort of mine are odd and are in my lower tummy and just make my stomach rumble but do not make a noise outside my body weird huh I am not sure why I call them a hiccup but that is what they feel like

Hi all! I was banded on 12/19 in Mexico by Dr. Rumbaut and his team (Team McDreamy!). I returned home yesterday and I'm doing pretty well.

I had to follow a strict, Clear liquids only pre-op diet and I really think that has helped me. I didn't cheat once on that thing (amazing) so now that I get to eat all kinds of liquids I feel better.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what real hunger feels like as well as what a true full feeling feels like. I'm not sure I'll be able to judge a full feeling until I move to solids, though.

This site was so helpful the days before I went in for surgery. Thank you all so much!

Hi

folks

i live in London but was banded in Belgium on the 18th of Dec im fine have been going out everyday, have a lot of gas/wind and my shoulder really hurts when i move eat or even sniff i have only been eating clear drinks and milkshakes and fromage frais the one for children i also had some cream of chicken too can i move on to other stuff and if so what as i need to chew something pls help

mine

xxxxxxx:D :)

Hi

folks

i live in London but was banded in Belgium on the 18th of Dec im fine have been going out everyday, have a lot of gas/wind and my shoulder really hurts when i move eat or even sniff i have only been eating clear drinks and milkshakes and fromage frais the one for children i also had some cream of chicken too can i move on to other stuff and if so what as i need to chew something pls help

mine

xxxxxxx:D :)

Hi there fellow Brit!

I had my banding done in the UK in Surrey on 15th December. Before I had it done I had a full work up and saw my surgeon's dietician. I have a full programme for eating if you want or need it ..just email me on KarenRmd@aol.com and I will scan and send it to you. Also there is a British Association for obesity surgery and they have a post op. diet too ..it goes very much like mine. Clear Liquids for 2 days after surgery and then onto mushies..it gives you the amounts etc. If you need support..given you had your surgery in Belgium and wont have the same aftercare let me know and I am glad to share with you. I had one of the top UK obesity/gastric surgeons and I had great pre-op treatment and a one year aftercare all included package.

I had no gas pain..my surgeon must have removed 99.9% of it. I was up and about that evening after a horrible 4 hours post-op but that's to be expected after any surgery..pain and anaesthesia are tough to get over that fast. The following day I was home..I just had a few problems getting up off the sofa or bed for a few days but other than that I dug some roses in my garden on 3 days later [well someone had to do it!].

Welcome to this space..the people here are very friendly and I read somewhere that those with support do much better than those without!!

Karen

Beversman-you crack me up girl!!! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly for you.God is good!!!! I sooo hope I have as good an experiece on Friday.

Levi27-Good to know your band is in place and you're feeling good. Look out world, we're on the move!!!!

Butterfly

Just stopping by to check in... Im tired, but feeling great... not hungry at all. I keep making myself eat. I know I have to get that Protein.

Sweet Hot -- I feel so bad for you. Have you been able to locate any liquid tylenol? something? If you have no pain meds, then you are going to be in pain, and I think it is completely normal. So, don't get too worried about it. I don't take any during the day, and it hurts like hell. So, I know you have to be feeling it.

Heat also does wonders. Get that tummy good and warm. It helps with the pain.

Boy guys, I can't keep up w/all of you! Especially since I've now got houseguests!! But, I've been very good so far, and have just have a few 'mushies', and that's it. My Mom is so amazed at my success so far and how fast my incisions are healing that she is now considering the surgery!

I'm now 8 days out from my surgery and other than still that bruised feeling around my port area...feel great! I probably won't be posting much over the next few days, but I just want to wish Everyone a Very Mery Christmas and A Happy Skinnier New Year!!!

Karen, I was open banded because my first band slipped and was removed in emergency surgery. My stomach had worked up through the band, fallen over and cut off the blood flow to a life-threatening point. Because the surgeon had removed the band with navel-to-breast incision, I had the new band (six mo's later) put in through the same scar. The surgeon said I could not have it put in laproscopically the second time. Again, I really think the band slipped because of a too-tight fill and repeated pb'ing. I could not get a doc in the states to follow up with my MX surgeon's work at that time. Now, the doc's in the states are more willing to take MX patients.