Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

DerbyGirl, I will have to drive to Mobile Bay. It does look cool I don't know how much time off or how much of the trail I will try yet, but I have some down time to try to figure it out.

The surgery was to find out what was happening in my stomach. What they did was run a scope down my throat to look at my stomach. I woke up in the middle of the process. I heard one of the surgery team members say "that doesn't look right" what they did next was blow some air into my stomach and it straightened out. I think I passed the stone at least my back feels better. I have no idea if the stone made me sick enough to start wretching, just not sure.

Chrispy, you're too nice!

JC

Ok folks, I dropped the bomb tonight at dinner with Mike. lol. He said he was surprised because he didn't think I looked like I needed WLS, and he had never noticed the scars on my tummy (not too observant there. lol). He was shocked when I told him I wanted to lose another 50 lbs, and was worried I'd become too skinny. lol. Gotta love this man. ;) He told me he didn't think it was a big deal, and that it didn't matter to him at all. I told him I didn't think it would be an issue with him, but I didn't want to hide anything from him either. So it was good. Now it's Leona's turn to tell. lol

Hi all...I am new to this site, just learning all the ins and outs and I saw this thread about single people, banders. Well I haven't had my band yet but I am single...ha! SO how is everyone doing, well I hope?

I am OK. Getting geared up for the surgery next Tuesday. Any last minute FYI's would be great! I am so going to miss swimming, I have been swimming 30-45 minutes a day for exercise and now I won't be able to do that for a while. I think 6 weeks.......ugh, so hate the treadmill but I guess I 'd better get used to it! LOL

when i met my (now) husband, i was thin. when i started gaining the weight (because my feelings just tasted SO good!), i tried to shut him out because in the past i had dated guys that i knew would never continue seeing "a fat girl." he's still with me, and loves me for ME. it does mean something special to be with a man who does not just look at the outside, but also the inside.

I have a friend who never had a date until she had gastric bypass surgery when she was 20 years old. now she has boyfriends, but no real connection with any of them because she always thinks in the back of her mind that if they see a picture of her from 5 years ago they'll leave her.

it is a tough place... but if they really care about you, and there is going to be a future, they won't care about the band one bit... nor will knowing you have it impact the way they think of you. just find those men of QUALITY!

Welcome smilinapple and dibaby!

Pigsrflying, so exciting surgery is coming up for you. :eek: My best advice is to drink a ton of Water the couple days before surgery. I was a little dehydrated on the day of surgery and it took them 10 tries to get my IV. Ouch. It's not always easy, and there will be struggles, but I am thrilled with my decision.

Welcome standgal! :woot: I understand your friend's worries. I often wonder about that myself. If the guys I will date at my goal weight would be cool with my once being a fat girl. But I guess finding "real" love means finding someone who accepts you for who you are as well as who you were, and who you are yet to be. Sounds like you found a good one with your hubby. :woot:

hi guys:

I have been overweight and obese most of my life. Then I lost 150 lbs like 10 years ago and kept it off for like 7 years by working out with weights and stuff. The truth is that men who want you will be with you no matter what. I fell in love with a guy when I was skinny and i have regained the weight back and he is still around. In fact, the sex is somewhat better now that I gained weight than when I was thinner, which is a little freaky but that's the truth. This is a man that could be with skinny women any time he wants. He is not fat; he is quite lovely to look at; bottom line, it has to be all about YOU. The inside person is who completes the situation.

so -- don't worry about people who walk away because of the band or because you used to be fat. Please, that is so superficial and so freaking hollywood. who needs that? Believe me, you will be with the right one and it won't be some idiot who goes...... OH NO SHE USED TO BE FAT!

:kiss:clap2:

They talk about weight on the plenty of fish website all the time, in the forums. There are so many guys on there that say they wouldn't date someone who is overweight. they have even said they don't care so much whether she is pretty or not, as long as she isn't overweight.

There may be men who don't care about weight, and I would love to find one, but the majority of them that is a big issue with them and a deal breaker.

Chrispy, Sounds like things are moving in the right direction with you and Mike. I am happy for you!

JC, I really hope you're feeling better. You've been through the ringer.

They talk about weight on the plenty of fish website all the time, in the forums. There are so many guys on there that say they wouldn't date someone who is overweight. they have even said they don't care so much whether she is pretty or not, as long as she isn't overweight.

There may be men who don't care about weight, and I would love to find one, but the majority of them that is a big issue with them and a deal breaker.

Chrispy, Sounds like things are moving in the right direction with you and Mike. I am happy for you!

JC, I really hope you're feeling better. You've been through the ringer.

yep that's the reality of it all. We could hope that men aren't that shallow..but we all know the truth. So it's either limit yourself to the few strong men that don't care..or loose the weight and open yourself to far more men. I'm going with the second choice now..hope it works.

Chrispygal..

I told him (Matt) when we were sharing our "scar stories" haha... he has NEVER had stitches, while I get into accidents and have them all the time! So he kinda nodded and I'm not sure he got it but said congrats when I told him I've lost almost 70pounds so far.

So I saw him Tuesday-Thursday nights last week and then needed a slight break on Friday. On Saturday, he had an exam for a class so I thought I get him a surprise: me and a case of beer. Well, he knows I don't like beer and had gotten me a surprise as well... a bottle of my fav wine! I thought it was funny that we both thought of each other.

Honestly, though, on Sunday I felt I may have seen him for too long again and almost felt like I should leave, so I made an excuse and left... which was good- gotta leave em wanting more, but the more I think about it, he's a sweet guy- one of those like TRUELY nice guys and he seems to care, but he might not be exciting enough for me. I mean his shower routine is a bar of soap and Shampoo (don't ask me how I know <wink>...)

I don't know what to do because I am leaving the state for school in a month and I really like hanging out with him and his friends... and it is nice to have someone to hold me, but, well, there's a "but" in that sentence, which leaves me to think that maybe this just isn't going to work out, which is fine with me- because I've learned a TON about how amazing I am :eek:

wow... life just seems to be one amazingly long run-on sentence nowadays!

I'm sorry JC that you had to go through that- I can only imagine how traumatic it would be, but you are so strong! Keep up the strength!

Welcome newbies to the thread! :woot:

Thanks Leona, and hi to all the new people. I am strong, but I am going through a wierd spell right now. Maybe because it is Shark Week on Discovery and I haven't been underwater yet!!

The only time I closed my eyes last night was to blink. I woke up about 6 o' clock Sunday morning, drove 100 + miles to Venice, picked up my cool new Nitrox capable dive computer, drove back home and I am still awake!! Thank God I can still hit it pretty hard at work in a half comatose state.

I know there is some anxiety and extreme hunger (2 weeks liquids) WITH NO @#@#$ $$%%%^ RESTRICTION, but wow 30 hours no sleep. I need to solve this.

JC

How you keep going is beyond me JC. I am a b*tch on liquids, so you wouldn't want me hanging around if I were in your shoes. lol. I love shark week too though. :)

Well Leona, I'm glad you told Matt, and I'm gald it went well. :) I've been seeing Mike a ton too, and understand what you mean about wondering sometimes if it's too much. But I also think part of that is me being afraid to really fall for someone again. Does that make any sense? Not sure if you're finding some of that too. You crack me up with the shower routine, and I guess my age shows becuase I could care less what someone does in the shower as long as they get clean. lol. BUT I also do understand that there needs to be that spark and a physical connection, but dare I say that sometimes it takes a little time to get in sinc with each other before you know for certain if you can rock each other's worlds. That being said I also believe we have relationships for different reasons, and maybe this relationship was to help you realize just how wonderful you are. My suggestion would be to just go with the flow and enjoy the next month before you leave for school. You're young - have a good time for now and you can re-evaluate things with Matt before you leave. That's my take. :D