Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

JC, My appointment is Friday and I can't wait. This is horrible. I am trying not to eat more until my appointment, but I am hungry all the time. It's like I forgot what it was like before I got banded.

You completely amaze me with all that exercise! I went to an aerobics class this morning and now my back is killing me. No more jumping around for me. It sucks getting old. I have to stick to the elliptikill and the stair stepper and they get so boring!

lol -- i love it!

did you mean to write eliptikill? or was it just a freudian slip?

Heck ya, I meant to call it the elliptikill. That machine kills me. In order to get my heart rate up and keep it up, I have to set it at between level 10-12

on the resistance. I hate it, but I do it. No pain, no gain I guess that holds true with the ELLIPTIKILL!

haha Denise, at least you're doing it. :D Hang in there until your appointment!

Ok, so I'm back on the market again. I decided to sit back and just take it all in for a while and, at the end of the day, it just wasn't what I wanted. So I broke up with Mike on Tuesday night and, ahem, have a date for tomorrow night. lol. No rest for the weary.

Oh, and here's a pic of me with the nose ring. I can't WAIT until I can switch it out for a tiny diamond chip.

Chrispy, you area adorable!

How did Mike take it? I am so glad you have enough confidence that you felt you didn't have to "settle" Some women would rather stay in relationship whether or not they are completely happy.

I just sent my picture to someone and haven't heard back from him. Maybe I need to get a better picture. This is getting old.

Chrispy - It looks good on you, I agree with Denis822 you are adorable. Maybe one day when I get some confidence I will get my pic up on here to show what mine looks like too.

JC- How is everything going for you lately with the exercise and all?

April I have been burning it up! Seriously, I mean it. I have been riding the stationary bike 8-10 miles each morning, then when I get off work I jog 3 miles. I am averaging 10 minute miles. Then I have a little something to eat and do a 4 mile walk with some friends of mine. It takes about an hour. If I have anything left over I go to the High School Stadium and run the steps.

On the weekend I either Kayak or bicycle ride.

As a result I am back to within 4 pounds of my ticker!!!!!!!!!!

JC

That is AWESOME JC!!! I knew you could do it! I am so happy for you, keep up the great work.

~April

Hi Single Bandsters! I'm fairly new to LBT and definitely new to this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 34, single (obviously), live in Utah, I'm a sleep Tech in local hospital, and I'll be banded in 19 days! I'm a little nervous and a lot excited. Right now I'm trying very hard not to have one last 2 week affair with all the foods I love! I'm going to Mexico for my surgery and although a few people close to me have expressed horror over it, I'm comfortable with my decision and have faith that I will be in good hands and that I'm doing the right thing.

Most of the time I like my single life, and while I have been in some great relationships with some really amazing men, I haven't been able to find the right one. Whether it's been me or them who has ended things in the past, somehow I always think my weight has something to do with it, even when logically I know that if it was really an issue they wouldn't be with me in the first place. I'm a reasonably confident woman, and have never let my weight stop me from being happy, pursuing relationships and taking chances, but as we all know, its an issue that tends to permeate everything else in life.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am counting the days till my surgery and have been so inspired by the success of everyone here and thrilled to have found such a supportive group! :biggrin1:

Jill

OK to after the consultation what hoops am i likely to have to jump through... My doc said they may be hesitant cause the only things that im being affected by is bmi over 60 and sleep apnea. So other than the psych eval whats test and things are they likely to run???ranger.gif

hiya BlueEyedKitty..welcome to the thread :)

The watcher I think you posted your questions in the wrong thread. Btw tests are all individual per doctor. You really have to ask your doctor.

Okay for me..talking to gamer guy...thats it though. I don't even know why I do that. I guess I'm gullable. Also yahoo personal ads suck unless you pay the fee they are asking..really useless otherwise.

Welcome Jill!

I got a new fill today and I have high hopes that I don't have a leak and that he just didn't fill me correctly last time. I feel very tight right now, and time will tell whether or not this is going to leak out or if I am at my "sweet spot"

BMI over 60? and sleep apnea. I don't know what insurance you have but that would have been enough to be approved for me. I hope you get approved. If not don't stop trying! Being banded has been the best thing for me!