Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Jodie,

At the risk of sounding like a bitter old lady who rains on people's parades....

you betta check yoself befo you wreck yoself

It may be flattering to have people pump you up to be sexually attractive and desireable but that doesn't mean that you want to act on it. That kind of a life choice can have very long-standing and far-reaching implications.

I know you didn't ask my opinion so it may be unwelcome. From an outside perspective it seems you have really stepped up from naughty little trysts to some relatively high risk behavior. I am worried.

oh no! Im not interested in actually dating the stripper....however he does have another job and he goes to college...its not like that is his only source of income. He is actually a respectable guy, and I would even let my parents meet him...

As for Bartender, I spent the night there last night and all day today...I know he is a man whore, or I pretty much suspect it of him lol! BUT he is offering me a lot....however Im not going to take it as more than a compliment, I will not actually do it because Im not comfortable enough with my body..........let me get to the point....he wants me to be a dancer, and by dancer I mean a pretty word for stripper! ITS SO FLATTERING! He was telling me how much money I could make! He wants to be my agent of sorts (thats how stripping works)......I think its sooooo weird because thats definately one thing Ive never heard before in my life! Dont you guys think that is strange? He says that if i stick with him, then he will pay for anything I want....he wants to pay for my breast implants (which I mentioned, not him) and anything else I want...he wanted to take me shopping today! Just because! But I didnt have time because of work! Im so still in shock! He wants to take care of me, and he wants me to quit my job I have now...which i cant because I just started and I like it enough not to quit, however I cant help but let that linger in the back of my mind.........someone actually thinks I could be a stripper!

Not sure what you are getting at here Jodie, but he sounds like a very dangerous guy to me. I might think it was flattering for someone to tell me that, but the fact that you find it "SO FLATTERING" is a bit scary to me. I know I don't know you personally, but from your recent posts on this thread, you are heading down a very dangerous road with all of these men in your life. Not sure what happened between you and your ex, but I doubt he would approve. I hope you don't get angry, but I'm getting concerned about you.

~Joan~

yes i want you guyz opinions, if i didnt I wouldnt post on here....so say it! lol

I will not take up the offer, as i did say....the compliment was merely that I was pretty enough and had the moves to be a stripper...which Ive never heard in my whole life....I spent the night with him last night, and all day today....I got a little sick (the band ofcourse!) and he took care of me today! HEY! atleast he's a good player! I only have the two men....Im starting to crack down on my whole life....Im working, although I dont like it, its not hard, its not a bad job....its just not what I like to do....I like to work in retail and in clerical, not in restaurants....I dont have the mentality to put up with people yelling at me all day! I cant handle it! But ive only been there a week so Im gonna stick it out, until I find something else

Strippers go apply for jobs like anyone else (save for the naked auditioning part)- they don't need an agent.

I speak from the experience of having had female friends who went this route to pay for school at really high-end clubs- Which are the only places you should be looking to dance.

So unless this guy OWNS or MANAGES a high-end strip club, he's just trying to play like he's some pimp. And you don't seem like the kinda girl who needs some nutjob pretending to be in charge of you.

My .02 cents? Kick him to the curb and find a guy who can talk some sense, even if he isn't throwing cash at you. Money is great, free money is better, but this money looks like it has nasty little strings all over it!

i know, but he knows whats going on there....Im not gonna kick him to the curb lol! I still need some late night lovin! haha thats horrible of me! My male stripper has an agent sort of thing, more like a bookie or whatever.....Im not gonna do it, I still weigh like 180lbs, not good for a stripper! Im sitll geitting free stuff out of it tho! yay

So...kinda embarrassing to ask but, how does one go about getting back into the dating game? Any advice?

I amgoing to wait until I feel a bit better about my body first but...you never know do you.

Oh Geez my leg hurts!

Kris

KristiB,

I'm so sorry you are still in so much pain. I can definitely relate. Do you still have your stitches or are the out now? I know you must be in lots of pain. I still have a huge knot at the top of my leg and the bruising goes way down below my knee and almost all the way around my leg now. Let us know how you are doing. We really do care!

~Joan~

Derick,

I pretty much use the internet to date and have had good results. But I think it is a little easier for women than guys on the internet. I am a big fan of Match.com (my sister met her husband there). A good friend of mine likes Yahoo personals. There is a free dating website called Plenty of fish. I personally hate Eharmony but I guess some people like that site.

Where I live there is a group called Meetin (www.meetin.org) that is basically a social group. It is not a dating site but if you want to go to a movie, you post it there and anyone can sign up. I live in Virginia Beach so people post going to the beach, or going to a happy hour or whatever. It is a totally awesome way of meeting people with no pressure to date. And you can get out and have fun and know someone will be there. The group is all over the country and in some foreign countries. I have met a ton of people and done a ton of stuff.

For example, I am going orienteering this weekend and I someone posted a charity pub crawl. At the pub crawl you are randomly assigned to someone and you each have one leg tied together and have to be at that pub like that. When you get to the next pub you are paired with someone else. So I hope I am going to meet someone at that.... but I am glad to be going with some people I know.

Just a thought. Especially if you aren't quite ready to date yet, which is where I am right now too.

Woots, thank you very much. I am just whining, I hurt but not bad enough to take anything for it. I am saving whats left of my lortab for the suture removal on Thursday. I hope you get to feeling better too. Are they going to check you for blood clots or anything? I hope you get well, my prayers are with you. :kiss2:

Internet dating.....Hmmmm. I have had both good and bad luck. I never personally met any of my matches from eharmony, but they seemed like nice people. I met several from yahoo personals, and they were pretty much what they said they were, and looked like their pictures also. (for the most part). I am going to a singles study group at church tomorrow night. I have had the most luck with a dating service that cost quite a bit of moulah, but its one of those matching services where they do a background check, income check, compatiblity matching, etc. They do it at the office in person. Several of the matchmakers get together over the profiles and try to do the matching. They call the woman first, describe the man, and if the woman likes what she is hearing, she can tell them to have the man call her. They then call the man, and if he likes what he is hearing, they give the man the womans phone number so he can call her. If you never meet someone you are matched up with, even if you have been talking on the phone for months, that match does not count against you. Youcall em back and tell them to put your profile back into the hopper, if you will. the one I am using is the Singles Station, but there are other national ones, Its Just lunch sounds like a good one. But they are expensive. I like them because I dont have to peruse the singles online, and try to weed out the ones I don't like. They mostly do it for me. They have pictures of everyone, but we don't see each other until we meet.

Anyway, see ya. My daughter is griping at me to get off of here. to bed. bye :faint:

Kristi

Woots, thank you very much. I am just whining, I hurt but not bad enough to take anything for it. I am saving whats left of my lortab for the suture removal on Thursday. I hope you get to feeling better too. Are they going to check you for blood clots or anything? I hope you get well, my prayers are with you. :kiss2:

Thank you for your prayers Kristi. The have done 2 ultrasounds on my leg to be sure the artery and vein were open, but that has been over a week ago. I still have a huge, well smaller, knot on the top of my leg, but it is still very painful, especially to the touch. I don't think they are going to check for blood clots again, because I am on major blood thinners already. I go see the doctor's PA Friday, so we will see what they say and do then.

I'm trying the online dating thing for the first time and I'm not having much luck. Not sure what's gonna happen, but I am not looking for a boyfriend, just people to talk to.

~Joan~

I think that on-line dating is ok. I wish it didn't have such a negative stereotype attached to it.

Long story short. 7 years ago I met a guy in a chat room. We ended up living together for 3 years. We broke up..(another sad saga).

But it certainly wasn't because I met him on the internet. I would do it again someday. I'm just not ready, and to be truthful, my priorities have changed a lot since then.

Ok ladies (and gents), today is my birthday and I came home from work today to find a box on my front steps. It was a present from tattoo boy. So as I'm opening the box I'm wondering what the heck he ordered me after dating for only two weeks. I pull out this wad of white tissue paper and as I'm opening the tissue I think I see a little bit of blue peak out. I think "nooooo" and then rip the rest of the tissue open to find a little blue box - white bow and everything! He got me a gift certificate to Tiffany's. I'm just flabbergasted. I was really worried that he was just into the chase or something, but I'm impressed with this gift. I dated a guy for five years and never got anything from Tiffany's. So needless to say - it was a good b-day! :)