Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried Orange theory fitness?

There's a bunch of studios in lots of states... It's circuit training and it works with your heart rate... I've been doing it for a month and I have to say its a tough workout but I honestly love it and recommend it...

I've never said that before about any workout in my life but I honestly love it

It can be as tough as you want as everyone can push as far as they feel they want to or can take but you don't have to go at the same pace as the rest..

I think most studios have the first class for free so if there's one close to you try it...

They have monitors showing your heart rate so you know on what zone you are and how much more you want to push and the "orange theory" is that if you stay on the orange zone for 12 to 20 mins you go into after burn and keep burning calories for 36 hours..

I always burn around 600 calories per class but I've seen ppl specially guys burn more than 1000 in one hour

Oh and tha orange zone is the hard zone but the good thing about being new to this and not extremely fit is that is actually easier to get there since we get tired and our heart rates raise so easily...

Has anyone else tried it???

I have one down the street from me and am thinking about going. Are you still going there??

This is an old thread but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it? I'm still 50 lbs overweight and have only done walking since surgery last June. I'd like to know how a beginner would fare and if it's the kind of thing where you are competing with young perfect body types?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I see this is an older thread but wanted to comment on OrangeTheory. I did this for about 4 months and it was an awesome work out. It probably was the fastest, I got into cardio shape since being an athlete in my teens and 20s. If you are a competitive person and need accountability (have to sign up for classes in advance and if you are a no show you get charged at 15 fee) this will help get you to the gym and the 1hr class time goes by quickly. No two classes are the same which gives you variation and you will learn some strength training exercises that you can do on your own or at a normal gym. The only downfall is that it is super expensive (169 buck a month for unlimited classes), I only stopped because I had to relocate and couldn't afford to keep the membership.

Jumping on an old Orangetheory thread rather than start a new one :)
Questions:
What is the pricing like? Trying to get a sense of how much it would be compared to my current gym.

Also, I’ve lost a lot of weight and my fitness has improved but still isn’t stellar - I’m worried about keeping up. Thoughts?

On 3/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, AEdoesRnY said:

Jumping on an old Orangetheory thread rather than start a new one :)
Questions:
What is the pricing like? Trying to get a sense of how much it would be compared to my current gym.

Also, I’ve lost a lot of weight and my fitness has improved but still isn’t stellar - I’m worried about keeping up. Thoughts?

I've done it and it's and ass kicker, but in a good way.

No worries about keeping up. Everything is salable to your fitness level.

As someone else mentioned it is rather expensive for an unlimited pass, but they do offer other options. The prices seem to vary on where you live.

Give it a shot. They do have a free trial class