Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greek yogurt challenged

Lisa:)

How much fat is in the whipped cream cheese from Trader Joes? I would think it would be to high??

The Trader Joe's Organic Light Whipped Cream cheese has 4.5 grams of fat per 2 tbs. The regular Organic whipped has 10 grams.

I get two servings out of it, so it's less than 3 grams of fat if I use light and 5 if I use the regular (which I like more).

I make it a point NOT to try and cut too much fat from my diet. I am a firm believer that our bodies need all 3 nutrients (Protein, carbs and fat), so I try to eat 5-6 small balanced meals (about 250 calories) throughout the day.

I eat Fred Meyer's Greek Non-Fat Plain Yogurt 6oz serving (110 cal, 7 carbs, 16 Protein, 20% calcium). I have dozens of recipes to incorporate it into stuff. If interested, let me know.

Yoplait's yogurt is not Greek yogurt. If you read the ingredients, they add corn starch and other ingredients to thicken it. Real Greek yogurt has most of the whey drained out-- thats what make it thick. Check your labels when you shop. Greek yogurt should pretty much just read milk and live and active yogurt cultures. Of course fruit too if it's added. I make yogurt at home. It's super easy and then I know what's in it!!!

EXACTLY RIGHT. I make yogurt by the gallon. it's much cheaper than store products and tastier too. If you're really worried about doing it right you can even buy a yogurt maker that will keep it at just the right temperature, but I've never had a failed batch just making it in a huge pickle jar, setting in a warm Water bath in a crockpot and covering with a towel. It takes a long time to make yogurt but it's not labor intensive at all.

[quote=Lisa :)]Carbsmart is made by Kroger (Ralph's).

My FAVORITE way to eat greek yogurt is to whip up 2 tbs of Trader Joe's Organic whipped cream cheese with 8 oz of 0% greek yogurt (my personal favorite is Trader Joe's b/c the Protein content is so high). I add a few drops of vanilla extract as well and I sweeten with Splenda. Tastes like cheesecake!!!! I add blueberries or strawberries and then I sprinkle with 1/2 of a crushed graham cracker. It's AMAZING!!! i can never eat it all so I usually split into 2 servings.

What is the Protein content in trader joes yogurt? I don't normally shop there, but I easily could.

I get plain 2% Greek yogurt or make my own and then just flavor it with french vanilla stevia. Like another person mentioned, watch the labels. Some are not really Greek yogurt. All the label should say is milk and cultures. And watch for flavored varieties as well. They are usually sweetened with sugar.

[quote name=Lisa :)' timestamp='1359347834' post='655578]

Carbsmart is made by Kroger (Ralph's).

My FAVORITE way to eat greek yogurt is to whip up 2 tbs of Trader Joe's Organic whipped cream cheese with 8 oz of 0% greek yogurt (my personal favorite is Trader Joe's b/c the Protein content is so high). I add a few drops of vanilla extract as well and I sweeten with Splenda. Tastes like cheesecake!!!! I add blueberries or strawberries and then I sprinkle with 1/2 of a crushed graham cracker. It's AMAZING!!! i can never eat it all so I usually split into 2 servings.

Yum! I see a visit to Trader Joes in my near future. My fav Greek Yogurt is Fage. I buy it at costco.

Lynda

What is the Protein content in trader joes yogurt? I don't normally shop there, but I easily could.

I'm actually out right now, but I believe it's 20 or 22 grams. The Chobani, I believe, is 22 grams as well. I just buy the TJ's becasue I eat A LOT of it....and it's less expensive.

Chobani fat free plain

I bought a yogurt maker and it came out really good...for plain yogurt. Now I have to experiment with different ways to "flavor it up".