Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just picked up some Isopure before surgery. I got it cold and started to drink, yak it's not so good. As expensive as it is, and I bought 4 bottles, I tried to figure out what to do. Well I have Hawaiian punch drink sticks, so I added about half a stick. Much better. I have the fruit one and a pineapple fruit one.

Just wanted to share if anyone else needs to try it.

Also, If you look under Protein shakes in Pinterest there are good recipes to make your shakes better.

Just picked up some Isopure before surgery. I got it cold and started to drink' date=' yak it's not so good. As expensive as it is, and I bought 4 bottles, I tried to figure out what to do. Well I have Hawaiian punch drink sticks, so I added about half a stick. Much better. I have the fruit one and a pineapple fruit one.

Just wanted to share if anyone else needs to try it.

Also, If you look under Protein shakes in Pinterest there are good recipes to make your shakes better.[/quote']

I add PB to mine, just a teaspoon makes a big difference.

Isopure is the worst!!!I Before surgery, I bought 12.(asst. flavors) It was suggested that i add stevia to sweeten it up but i still couldn't handle it.I was so thankful that I saved the receipt and GNC accepts returns. I found that adding vanilla, stevia, frozen fruit, or PB2 makes my Protein shaked quite good. They taste like a dessert now. Best wishes on your surgery!

Have wither of you tried Unjury chicken flavored Protein? It is wonderful!

Isopure is disgusting and I lost my receipt after buying it. What a waste. ugh.

I'm on Clear Liquids for 2 days so that's why I tried it. Only bought 4 bottles on sale at GNC.< /p>

What is PB2?

I am one week post-op (yay!) and tried Isopure yesterday. I have the fruit punch one...yuckies. It is almost a sticky sweet flavor with a strong aftertaste. So I have been obsessed with Crystal Light Fruit Punch this week so I put an ounce in 3-4 ounces of my Crystal Light and the Isopure taste is minimal. I have to get in my clear liquids anyway...might as well use up the Isopure and get in a little Protein each time!

PB2 is dehydrated pb. it makes Protein Shakes taste amazing. I bought it on Amazon. i heard about it here.

Early on, I could only tolerate Apple Melon Isopure, all others were horrid IMO. Listen, this isn't about taste, this is about getting in your Protein. During that postop liquid phase I could choke down one 40 gm clear Protein Isopure a day....

Now I still drink Protein shakes when I know I will miss a meal on the go on when commuting into work. My favorite is from Familybarriatric.com "cappuccino" with 15 gm of protein. (I receive no credits or kudos for recommending them & you might be able to find similar locally or elsewhere cheaper) Once I found this type of protein, I would run you over if there was only one box left on the shelf. Yes, hated those disgusting sweet shakes just as much as the Isopure. But the Isopure provided a lot of quality protein in one bottle.

Again, get in your protein even if it means you need to pick your poison.

i added a mango pineapple sf packet to the bottle and poured it over a huge cup of sonic ice it lasted all day i sipped on it and ate the ice. I am still pre op i hope it works like that for me post op

Yikes! I agree with you guys, Isopure doesn't taste very good. . HOwever, im 6 days post op and can't tolerate much Fluid and can't take my shakes coz they make me gassy. So i drink the isopure to get my Protein intake in. I just put my iPhone timer every 15 mins and endure the taste- I guess I'm stuck with mine until i feel better. Lucky for me I only got 4 bottles and not the whole case the GNC lady suggested ;)

The punch one was beyond nasty. Gave me cotton mouth and the aftertaste was so bad, but the green one isn't too bad. The first few days the shakes were too much from me and the drinks were the only way to get my Protein in.

I have tried a lot of flavors...the only ones that are good in my opinion so far are the grape one...tastes like really weak koolaide and I also will drink the pineapple-orange-banana one. I think they have an after taste too but damn it is 40grams of Protein so I will drink them (for now).

Ugh. Isopure. I bought three cases online. Still have one and 11 bottles. What a waste! That stuff is nasty. I knew when I bought it that I may not like it, but that I needed it to get my Protein in, like it or not. I really can't handle it!