Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow! Best of luck to you tonight! See you on the losers bench soon!

I'm in the waiting room now....super nervous and trying to calm my nerves....it doesn't help that my cycle started (TMI) and my glasses broke so I will wake up and not be able to see a thing since they are making me remove my contacts....Jesus help me calm down and rid me of this anxiety...I know everything will work out for the good...say a prayer for me fellow sleevers....today I change my life for the better!

Payers for you! I'm sure you ate out and resting by now. Congratulations and welcome to the sleeved side.

Payers for you! I'm sure you ate out and resting by now. Congratulations and welcome to the sleeved side.

Are out!

Had to EGD today, man that was a freaking breeze of a procedure, really don't know what I was getting myself worked up about. Really no problems, staff at Baylor Trophy Club were amazing! 4.5 more days to go until I'm there. can't wait!

finally home!! surgery was Tuesday but they kept me two night because of nausea, still have some gas pains but the walking REALLY helps! I also keep using my little breathing machine which helps. still really sore but walking around and up and down steps with no problem!

Glad things went well!!!

lifesaveremt-- I'm on 27th too! One week and we'll be sleeved!!!! There is a post from a week or two ago where Liz explains how to add yourself to the group. I know Liz was overwhelmed with pre-op prep and couldn't keep track and add all our Feb peeps. I think she just got sleeved as well. Take a look and see if you can find it. If you can't find post and I'll try to find it tonight.

Yes, I'm afraid the last few weeks have been incredibly overwhelming! Between having oral surgery and preparing for getting sleeved (3 days out now). It's quite easy to join. The tab on the homepage. I think it says "community" then one says "social group" you can type in February 2013 Sleeve Buddies and then a tab will pop up that says join. I will try to pick back up with adding new members soon...these first few days of recovery have been hard for me, I'm having a lot of pain, and the meds make me sleepy so I'm spending a good amount of time in bed.

Ok. For those of you who are finding it hard to get in all of your liquids, the diet my surgeon has perscribed for the two weeks after surgery has been doing very well for me. Of course, Follow your own surgeons directions but I hope this may help some of you that are having difficulty getting your liquids in.

Instructions:

1. Consume 4 ounces of liquid per hour. (1 ounce every 15 minutes as tolerated)

Include 2 ounces from Clear Liquids list and 2 ounces from Full Liquids list hourly.

Do this every hour you are awake (at least 12 hours) to prevent dehydration.

2. As part of your liquids, include 8 ounces of a Protein supplement per day in 1 ounce portions.

3. Do not begin eating solid foods until directed to do so by your surgeon.

Here is a list of items that my surgeon suggested:

Clear liquid:

*Fat Freem broth or Bullion (cubes, granules, or packets)

*Sugar Free Jello

*Sugar Free Popsicles (None with fruit bits at this stage as the bits could cause harm to sleeve)

*Water and sugar free Water flavor packets 10 calories or less- i.e. Wyler's Light, Crystal Light, Kool-aid.

* Decaffinated Tea & coffee (can use splenda, equal, stevia, or sweet-n-low)

Full Liquids:

*Protein Supplement of choice

*No Sugar added Carnation Breakfast Essentials

*Mashed Potatoes (thin, no lumps)

*Low Sodium V-8 juice (only during this 2 week phase)

*No sugar added frozen yogurt (no fruit bits)

*Sugar-free custard or pudding (thinned)

* Light yogurt (no fruit or nuts)

*Skim, 1%, or 2% milk, rice milk, soy milk, Mootopia HEB Brand High Protein Milk (Probably only my fellow Texans will know about the Mootpia!)

*Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice, Malt-o-Meal (thinned)

*Blended, Strained, Creamed Soups ( Blended cream of potato made with skim milk, no lumps) (this is very yummy)

Foods NOT Allowed:

*Sodas (not even Sprite)

*Solid Food: until directed by surgeon

*Fruit Juice (my surgeon recommends that you no longer drink fruit juice)

*Smoothies or Milkshakes (also never recommended)

*Stews or chunky soups: (until directed by surgeon)

* Honey or Syrup (don't add chocolate syrup to milk unless it's surgar free)

*Sugar or candy (Sweets of any kind)

*Protein Bars, Beef Jerky, and Pork rinds

Hope this helps some of you!! I know it's working out pretty well for me, my only problem is staying awake long enough during the day to get continual liquids!

Hello my VST family' date=' surgery started at 11:30 ended at 2:45 and went well my doc said my stomach looked great inside and out. I was in recovery for 4 hrs and brought to my room about 8:00. The worst thing so far for me has been the pain in my left shoulder due to gas I guess its pressing on that precious nerve ouch!! Also had some nausea, the weirdest case of hiccups mixed with burping, dry mouth cotton lip syndrome lol. My rec room nurse was also sleeved 2 yrs ago she was very encouraging and looks freaking amazing.

Doc says if I feel OK and everything looks good I can go home tomorrow, I don't know about going home tomorrow but lets see.

I'm happy I'm finally sleeved! Please keep me in your prayers!!!

Please disregard any typos I'm on pain Med![/quote']

Congrats

I finally received my surgery time. I go in at 6:30am tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled for 8:00am. Will provide updates asap. Good luck to all sleevers! :-)

Yiraini01 - Here's to a speedy recovery!

when everybody came home did you sleep in your bed or on a recliner? I know it's a funny questions but I find the recliner so much easier to get in and out of!

when everybody came home did you sleep in your bed or on a recliner? I know it's a funny questions but I find the recliner so much easier to get in and out of!

I came home and right to my bed. The recliner isn't as comfortable for me.

I did both, but I had the least amount if surgery pain I've ever felt with any surgery ....surgery pain was the least of by issues....nothing really. Pretty easy considering what just happened! I am just really hungry. I hoped that part would be easy!

I go back and forth between the bed and the chair. My parents have craftmatic beds, so I'm able to raise the head and feet...the only problem is the right now I am unable to lay on my side due to pain, and it is really taking a toll on my back. I will usually sleep on the bed for a few hours, get up and sit in the chair and sleep for a few hours, and then I get back in the bed.