Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

shirataki miracle noodles?

has anyone tried these? zero carbs.... thought i would see if anyone had any insight before i bought some.

You either love them or hate them. They stink...you have to.rinse thoroughly before using them. I don't think they have any flavor...they taste like whatever you cook them with. My husband bated them. I found they were a gateway food for me though and rather than satisfying me they made me want more/better carbs.

I bought some off Amazon. I got the fettuccine style. They didn't stink after I thoroughly rinsed them and cooked up okay. But I couldn't take the slimy feel of the noodles in my mouth. If you do try them, I'd go with the angle hair Pasta style. Since the noodles will be much smaller, I would think that the slimy feeling would be decreased. Here's the link to the brand I bought. They have a lot of good reviews. http://amzn.to/13NJF3d

I just bought some from whole foods and I'm eating them right now! They're amazing. Yes they smell, but you have to rinse them and put them in the microwave for a minute.

I made a butter garlic parmesan sauce and pan fried up some precooked shrimp. Mixed noodles, shrimp, and sauce together. It's awesome.

I bought both fettuccine and spaghetti noodles. They don't taste like anything, although when you chew them, they have a different texture (a little more bite than super soft Pasta noodles). They're a little "slimy" but I don't mind it at all. If they're covered in sauce you won't notice much at all. Plus, I'm used to tofu anyway.

I'm excited to add these to my diet because I was missing Pasta so much, and now it's like I have it back again and can only eat a tiny bit anyway :]

Thanks I wanted to know,

recipe simply looks like it was so good too;

"I made a butter garlic parmesan sauce and pan fried up some precooked shrimp. Mixed noodles, shrimp, and sauce together. It's awesome."

it'll be a couple weeks for me as I did add a zero carb bread but slowly adapting and the shrimp may go down better. All this I think will still have its limits as to how often I'd eat it, I get real full from the bread.

Has anyone tried the skinny dip noodles?

www.skinnydipnoodles.com

I ordered some so will have to wait until I get the shipment to try them.

Their website has lots of recipes, many adaptable to the WLS diet.

I tried the miracle noodles a couple years ago but did not care for them.

I do like some of Hungry Girl's Shirataki noodle recipes. You can buy then in some supermarkets by the tofu.

bodyweight.png?ts=1359572212

Has anyone tried the skinny dip noodles?

www.skinnydipnoodles.com

I ordered some so will have to wait until I get the shipment to try them.

Their website has lots of recipes' date=' many adaptable to the WLS diet.

I tried the miracle noodles a couple years ago but did not care for them.

I do like some of Hungry Girl's Shirataki noodle recipes. You can buy then in some supermarkets by the tofu.

How were they? What's the diff between these?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

How were they? What's the diff between these?

Edited. Wrong post. ;)

Any new info on these-- yay/nay?

Any new info on these-- yay/nay?

They are chewy, in a word different, flavor is debatable, you judge easily buy one and try to see if you like, easy to make, throw into strainer, rinse, cook, add sauce, low cal enough for grated cheese too, Ridiculously low cal, I like them as a filler for meals that I don't feel like cooking so I keep a bag on hand, they come in mirky Water 2 portion bag but portion's can be consumed as 1 per the cal's are so low.

They are chewy' date=' in a word different, flavor is debatable, you judge easily buy one and try to see if you like, easy to make, throw into strainer, rinse, cook, add sauce, low cal enough for grated cheese too, Ridiculously low cal, I like them as a filler for meals that I don't feel like cooking so I keep a bag on hand, they come in mirky Water 2 portion bag but portion's can be consumed as 1 per the cal's are so low.[/quote']

I tried these a while back, and have to say I wasn't thrilled. The taste was just a bit too funky to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST