Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First, Congrats to all our Sleevers so far. I'm SO proud of you for following through on this big change. Thank you for being there to encourage the rest of us who are in prep for our surgeries.

Here is the updated list for today. Sorry it was not out sooner, I have been moving...

18 Canadagurl, AmandaRaeLeo, tdguill, Leleboo, Zen, Rinamatie, LifeBackNye, SherriRN, Michele1024, JustinNC, missmeow, slessin, Leonafire, tammy1970, PaperBullets, my3kids4life, sstrick, birdie0518, ozlifter, lexysdad04, okieathart, Texas2Maine, SunshineGirlG, coco.c, katsprague, 1honie

19 aneke26, slimjim41, Healthybabs, Rick7714, bostonhok, yazzy, DanaKay, beba238, UEvrWndrY, katia

20 BeBeSpArKLeS, Nicole2013, Kristy Giovanelli, busybeingme, maeg, ignats639, paper1875, rickster7753, jc4444, JennyBeth, tankerzwife, bonkacz, stafhill

21 Reneetrom, Newnay, chantelleyxo, Ginger/Toby, pankration, Laserskingirl

22 floridafd, LaserSkinGirl, mykidsinspireme, bebaeg, Sunette, kakaw

25 Vsgbrandy77, youngtammy50, lookingforwardnotback, slidellsleever, turlinsen, CarrieP, cincochica2, kooks3003, drea0325, Belama, JolieBug, TexasTrish, LOWCALGAL, marbear, samantha(:

26 Thistlegirl, thundathighsz, kyeta96, marielena3155, deeda26, JulieF, OKSleever,Speakeasy, Lee316, DivaT, MsZita, Colemon70, Phat Matt

27 Oldnavee, tannak, sandy'ssleeve, mwrarr, jbland, LifesaverP3, angelbound12, caglefan69, Moka

28 Mlecompte, parker, jdedeyan, Destinyiswaiting

29 stevie07, imdeborah, cindysc

31 Albertagirl1009

Moka,

Wow hun, my heart goes out to you. I'm VERY lucky in the support I have. I have been talking about what I'm doing and have a decent amount of people here to support me.

That being said, I also have detractors in my life. Some small, some big. One of whom is violently and loudly opinionated to the point of being insulting. For that one... he's easy. I told him to butt out of my business and that if he can't see to support me in what is a very difficult decision then he needs to shut up and talk with someone who will listen.

Know that we are here for you. While we can't sit by your bedside and read to you, we can send you virtual hugs. Please let us know what you need.

Also remember, your 90lb friend struggles with something. Something she needs help with. Maybe that can be the point where she can see there are some things we can't do on our own. Also, you are under a doctor's care. He has spent months with your case and if it were not the right thing to do, he would make other recommendations.

Best of luck to you!

Kyeta

Hi everyone. I got sleeved yesterday. Overall I feel ok but get dizzy and nauseated from walking. My pain has been a steady 8 out 10. I'm going to walk again in a few hours.

Hi everyone. I got sleeved yesterday. Overall I feel ok but get dizzy and nauseated from walking. My pain has been a steady 8 out 10. I'm going to walk again in a few hours.

Congratulations!!!

Hi everyone..My surgery date is 3/27 and up until this week I was fine..now I'm anxious and scared..I haven't told many people because of all the negativity..it's sad that some people think this is an elective surgery..or that I'm lazy..It bothers me but I try to stay focused..I found out today my friend/co worker is not taking me to my surgery..she's judgmental and I know she thinks it's a waste of time..mind you she is 4'11 & 90 lbs..Anyway I decided I would have to do this on my own even my family refuses to support me..so I will go to surgery alone & come home an care for myself..that worries me because its a major surgery & I'm scared of recovering alone..I want a healthy long life & I'm convinced a lot of my health problems will improve substantially and eventually go away...

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Moka... I'm getting sleeved the day after u and I completely understand. Luckily I have a supporting team, however, if I didn't , this decision is for me... For us. You've been thru alot already....I'm believing and praying it can only get better!! Better, healthier days are ahead.... We got this!!!!

Tricie5683

I'm glad hear from you. I hate to hear the pain level but I was told the first few days are rough. I hope your dizziness goes away.Keep up the walking and keep in good spirits. I'm cheering for you!!

I was sleeved on March 8th. I had the dry heaves for about a day and a half. Everytime I drank a little too much it would start. But when I did dry heave I was able to burp out alot of the gas!

Same here. I was sleeved on the 14th its day 3 post op and I cant keep anything down. Just keep vomiting foam. Is this normal?

I've just had a bit of upsetting news and am in shock. It couldn't have came at a worse time.

My dad has been sober for 23yrs and my mum phoned to say he has lifted a drink......I am numb

He has been having a few health issues for a while and the Dr keeps reassuring him he is fine but he is getting so worked up about it that he suddenly hit a depression last week. I think he is worrying about my op too.

I was 14 when he found alcoholics anonymous, so for 23yrs hes been going and doing great I cannot believe he's went back on it. I am absolutley floored

I am on my own with my little girl of 3 and rely a lot on my mum and dad we are close. They were planning on looking after Hattie when I was going in for the op. Now I don;t know what to do. Do I cancel? My mum says no but there is just no knowing what state he will be in by next week.

My stress levels are through the roof but I don't want to cry on my mums shoulder she's got enough to deal with. I'm trying to be a grown up.

One thing though the thought of food is making me feel sick

Am totally devastated :(

I've just had a bit of upsetting news and am in shock. It couldn't have came at a worse time.

My dad has been sober for 23yrs and my mum phoned to say he has lifted a drink......I am numb

He has been having a few health issues for a while and the Dr keeps reassuring him he is fine but he is getting so worked up about it that he suddenly hit a depression last week. I think he is worrying about my op too.

I was 14 when he found alcoholics anonymous' date=' so for 23yrs hes been going and doing great I cannot believe he's went back on it. I am absolutley floored

I am on my own with my little girl of 3 and rely a lot on my mum and dad we are close. They were planning on looking after Hattie when I was going in for the op. Now I don;t know what to do. Do I cancel? My mum says no but there is just no knowing what state he will be in by next week.

My stress levels are through the roof but I don't want to cry on my mums shoulder she's got enough to deal with. I'm trying to be a grown up.

One thing though the thought of food is making me feel sick

Am totally devastated :([/quote']

Hang in there...will be praying for you and your family.

Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted! I got so behind bc my internet didn't work in juarez but my texting did lol I had a GREAT experience and would recommend starmedica hospital in Juarez, dr rodriguez and his staff to ANYONE considering this surgery. I wont go through the entire thing, but everything was clean and modern, the staff was super nice and knowledgable, and I felt comfortable and safe the whole time. I am now 4 days post op (5 counting the day of surgery, seems like longer lol)and I feel pretty great in general! Not going to weight until Tuesday, the 1 week mark bc of all the extra Fluid weight. Don't want to be disappointed and it should be gone by the week mark. So far its all smiles and no regrets, and each day will be better and better!

Day 5 post op, still have a little pain when I try to get in and out of bed. I still have a heavy feeling in my stomach area when I walk but I have to say it is a lot better than it was 2 days ago. I am still on stage 1 of eating (more like drinking) and will start stage 2 on Monday. I walked a little yesterday and will do it again today. I have been having trouble getting all my Protein and Water in each day, yesterday I was able to get 45 grams of protein in and that is up from 30grams from the day before. Yesterday I did manage to get in 62oz of water so I am starting to reach my water intake goal finally!!!!! When they say this is a process they are not kidding I am just taking it one day at a time. I see my surgeon this coming Tuesday for a 1 week followup.

Should I be getting nervous excited? The 19th is my day

My procedure was yesterday and I'm glad to now be on the post-op side.. I'm still experiencing soarness, gas pains and nausea although it is much better than yesterday.. I've been moving a lot, whether its swithing sides in bed or walking around the floor. Hopefully I'll be going home this evening! Please, keep me in your prayers!

Good luck to all other 3/15 sleevers.. I hope you all are feeling better than I

have at certain points today!

Heavensray hang in there it gets better each day! In a couple more days you'll look back on that gas pain as a distant memory!