Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many of you March sleevers saw an increase in your weight when you moved from full liquids to puréed foods?

It has been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am still trying to get back all my strengh. I never have been one for excerise since I have been so out of shape and too heavy to move. When I did move my knees and feet would hurt too much and I became out of breathe so fast. I know I should have started excerising before this but I just want to be careful that I do not cause any problem with my incions. Well, 6 days ago I decided to take baby steps so I began (don't laugh) walking for 1 minute on my treadmill and did that for 3 days on a row then moved up to 2 minutes my 1st goal is to walk a whole whopping 5 minutes every day. I should reach that goal in a few days from now. I also bought myself stretch bands and started doing leg and knee excerises today. Once I reach my goal of walking 5 minutes each day, I will work up to walking an amazing 10 minutes each day. My ultimate goal is to walk 40 minutes each day. I really am not used to making time for myself so this is all new to me. Just doing something to help me for a change is going to take time so these baby steps are what I need to do. I am so impressed that some of you are already up and walking 30 minutes each day since your March surgeries. I am so proud of all of you for getting out there and moving.

I did and it freaked me out. Not sure why because I am getting in much less than with the fluids. Any ideas for regular bowel motions Benefibre not working. ;)

Womens laxative/stool softners work wonders,for me! Very gentle on the,stomach.. Lol

I did and it freaked me out. Not sure why because I am getting in much less than with the fluids. Any ideas for regular bowel motions Benefibre not working. ;)

Try a stool softner or Milk of Magnesia worked for me the first time. Do you think it is the sodium in the foods that is causing us to see an increase on the scale?

It has been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am still trying to get back all my strengh. I never have been one for excerise since I have been so out of shape and too heavy to move. When I did move my knees and feet would hurt too much and I became out of breathe so fast. I know I should have started excerising before this but I just want to be careful that I do not cause any problem with my incions. Well' date=' 6 days ago I decided to take baby steps so I began (don't laugh) walking for 1 minute on my treadmill and did that for 3 days on a row then moved up to 2 minutes my 1st goal is to walk a whole whopping 5 minutes every day. I should reach that goal in a few days from now. I also bought myself stretch bands and started doing leg and knee excerises today. Once I reach my goal of walking 5 minutes each day, I will work up to walking an amazing 10 minutes each day. My ultimate goal is to walk 40 minutes each day. I really am not used to making time for myself so this is all new to me. Just doing something to help me for a change is going to take time so these baby steps are what I need to do. I am so impressed that some of you are already up and walking 30 minutes each day since your March surgeries. I am so proud of all of you for getting out there and moving.[/quote']

Thank you for sharing your story!!! And you know what, you should be proud of yourself also. You've found a way to progress. Whether it be baby steps or pushing yourself to no end. Fact is you're doing it and that my friend is AWESOME!!!!

Fluffy62 Thank you so much, you have made my week. I am here for you too and If I can help you thru a hard time I am here for you

Fluffy62 Thank you so much' date=' you have made my week. I am here for you too and If I can help you thru a hard time I am here for you[/quote']

That's what we're here for to pick each other up when we're down!!! And thank you!!!

Can someone send me an invite, vsglady77@gmail.com

Sent from my iPad using VST

Ok question for you fellow March sleevers.....

I have been having more pain that usual from my largest incision

that they removed my stomach from!! It is almost a stabbing pain at times.

I may have just pulled something and it is really tender but I have no

idea. anyone else experienced this?

Ok question for you fellow March sleevers.....

I have been having more pain that usual from my largest incision

that they removed my stomach from!! It is almost a stabbing pain at times.

I may have just pulled something and it is really tender but I have no

idea. anyone else experienced this?

When were you sleeved? I am 4 weeks post op and since I have been doing more after my 2 week visit - went back to work this week, I have been having pain there also. Yesterday I wore my abdominal binder to work and felt pretty good for the first day back, today I didn't put it on until 5 1/2 hours into my day and I could tell the difference I was feeling pain.

When were you sleeved? I am 4 weeks post op and since I have been doing more after my 2 week visit - went back to work this week' date=' I have been having pain there also. Yesterday I wore my abdominal binder to work and felt pretty good for the first day back, today I didn't put it on until 5 1/2 hours into my day and I could tell the difference I was feeling pain.[/quote']

I was sleeved on march 27th! I went back to wrk friday. Maybe I should try my binder tomorrow!

It has been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am still trying to get back all my strengh. I never have been one for excerise since I have been so out of shape and too heavy to move. When I did move my knees and feet would hurt too much and I became out of breathe so fast. I know I should have started excerising before this but I just want to be careful that I do not cause any problem with my incions. Well' date=' 6 days ago I decided to take baby steps so I began (don't laugh) walking for 1 minute on my treadmill and did that for 3 days on a row then moved up to 2 minutes my 1st goal is to walk a whole whopping 5 minutes every day. I should reach that goal in a few days from now. I also bought myself stretch bands and started doing leg and knee excerises today. Once I reach my goal of walking 5 minutes each day, I will work up to walking an amazing 10 minutes each day. My ultimate goal is to walk 40 minutes each day. I really am not used to making time for myself so this is all new to me. Just doing something to help me for a change is going to take time so these baby steps are what I need to do. I am so impressed that some of you are already up and walking 30 minutes each day since your March surgeries. I am so proud of all of you for getting out there and moving.[/quote']

That's perfect! What a fantastic plan.