Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In before the newbies take it over

I feel like I am at the early end of belonging to this group. Still looking to lose but starting to feel like an "after". Just a question about how many months you veterans found your losing months or " honeymoons" were? Cheers!

I was sleeved 12/12/11 and still losing.

Honeymoons are what you make them to be...wanna keep the magic you have to keep following the rules (well most of the time)

Perfect answer, CowgirlJane.

There is no honeymoon at all, ever.

The closer you are to goal and the less you have to lose, the slower those pounds come off.

~Cheri

My drs goal was 130 and I've met that but i really would feel healthier at 120 so I'm still doing the program to get me there.

As long as your following the plan to lose... It can happen

I love this thread and I'm thinking I'm no longer a newbie! Just got to 6 months out and I'm struggling to get the last 10 lbs off. I've thought of going back to basics and doing liquids for a few days but it is so much harder now. I know what I need to do - stay away from the bad carbs. They are the devil and I always find my way back to them!

Anyway, I feel like a normal person now and can tolerate anything. If I don't lose the 10 lbs I will still be very happy. Best decision ever.

I'm not sure I'd consider myself a 'vet' until I manage to keep the weight off for five years or so, but I could use somewhere that someone isn't bitching about a stall or "only" losing 40 pounds in 2 months or asking about their poop. Sigh. I try to give back and help, but sometimes... yeah. I just get a headache.

Hard to believe that I'll be at goal in 14 pounds or so. I have no idea if that's where I'll want to stop. Trying to figure that out, but I'm hoping I'll just know when I'm done. Still have amazingly good restriction and next to no hunger at 19 months out. Starting to think about plastics more seriously, but want to make sure I get as close to an optimal weight as I can before I go in. From everything I've read, skin doesn't weigh all that much and if they truly only take off skin because you've done the fat loss work, the recovery goes smoother.

In theory, my "ideal" weight is 125-150, but I have NO idea where I want to go. My arms and legs are getting pretty thin, still lots of residual fat in my abdomen. Not sure how much of that I can actually lose and how much is just going to stay forever. LOL. Surely it will go away eventually!

This darn sleeve didn't come with a detailed enough owner's manual :)

((My arms and legs are getting pretty thin, still lots of residual fat in my abdomen. Not sure how much of that I can actually lose and how much is just going to stay forever. LOL. Surely it will go away eventually!))

That's exactly how I feel... Not sure how much more weight I can lose in my arms and legs but grrrrr this excess skin is hanging onto some padding that's for sure. It sure doesn't feel like its "just skin"

That's exactly how I feel... Not sure how much more weight I can lose in my arms and legs but grrrrr this excess skin is hanging onto some padding that's for sure. It sure doesn't feel like its "just skin"

I'm told you lose it last where you gained it first. I always had thinner arms and legs compared to my stomach. I'm hoping they are right and I lose the stomach. It's starting to get ridiculous. I actually have to wear a size bigger pants because my waist is smaller than the lower part of my hanging tummy so to get that to fit in, the waist is gaping. I'm SO done with this part of my life, I just want to get the rest of this weight off and move on to fixing the damage that 30 years of obesity did to my body. I went back and forth about the pain and yet MORE surgery, but I'm not sure I can live with this much longer. It's becoming a huge problem. I've lost SO much weight and the skin is just really bad. Sigh.

My stomach has always been my problem area. Arms and legs were always the last to gain. I know how you feel, it is frustrating. A perfect outfit is easily ruined by the excess and I'm afraid to even see what a bathing suit will look like. Yikes

My stomach has always been my problem area. Arms and legs were always the last to gain. I know how you feel' date=' it is frustrating. A perfect outfit is easily ruined by the excess and I'm afraid to even see what a bathing suit will look like. Yikes[/quote']

Over at www.makemeheal.com they have compression garments for people who have had a tummy tuck...amongst other things. I bought one that fists like a pair of shorts that comes up to my upper abdomen. It doesn't make me any skinnier but it does allow my jelly roll to stay out of the way and clothes fit so much better. It's not so tight you can't breath, but it's firmer and more supportive than a compression shirt. Makes me feel so much better when I dress up and go out.

Here's the one I bought but they have many different styles.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=93735

Hey BTB, I see your head shot, minus your body, and your bike's in the back ground...... Nice head shot....where's your body? Missing parts of you.....thanks for the pic.....:)

Over at www.makemeheal.com they have compression garments for people who have had a tummy tuck...amongst other things. I bought one that fists like a pair of shorts that comes up to my upper abdomen. It doesn't make me any skinnier but it does allow my jelly roll to stay out of the way and clothes fit so much better. It's not so tight you can't breath' date=' but it's firmer and more supportive than a compression shirt. Makes me feel so much better when I dress up and go out.

Here's the one I bought but they have many different styles.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=93735[/quote']

Yes that's something I'm looking for.. Something to hold me in and I can still breathe!

Thanks for the link :)