Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies - What Size Clothes to Cross Your Legs?

What size clothes did you wear when you noticed you could cross your legs?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What size clothes did you wear when you noticed you could cross your legs?

• Size 14
    • Size 16
    • Size 18
    • Size 20
    • Size 22
    • Size 24

At a 16 I could cross legs and hold in place(hands on knee)

for short period. Now a 12 and cross fine. Whada great feelin!!

At a 16 I could cross them, at a 14 I could cross them 'more elegantly' as Jacqui stated. At a size 10, I could cross them in the airplane seat and tuck them under. I knew I arrived to the pearly gates when that happened!

I am at a loose size 18 and tight size 16 and crossed my legs with no problems at size 20, but just last night, had an exit row on a plane and crossed them just fine!!

I first noticed I could comfortably cross my legs and keep it there at an 18. Thank goodness even with my weight gain I can still do this!

I can cross mine now, but I have no idea what size I am in because I haven't bought any new clothes. I guess I will keep wearing my size 20s until they fall to the floor!

Being short with thick legs regarldess of my size, I haven't actually tried to cross my legs in years.

Saw this thread and thought I'd try - I'll be damned. They crossed. And stayed that way. Perhaps not as elegantly & effortlessly as they will 20 lbs from now, but I'll be!

At size 18 they would cross, but they cross very comfortably now at a size 16.

i find this thread a bit odd because no matter the amount of weight that i've gained, and currently am a size 26, i've always been able to cross my legs, sit indian style, what have you...

I'm a size 20/22 right now and even when I was a 16, I could never cross my legs! When I was younger, I couldn't wait until I got older so I could cross my legs when I sat, but when I got older I just got fatter and was never able to do it. I can't wait until the day I can cross my legs!

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought this was a great joy to finally be able to cross my legs. To some people it may be silly but it's a wonderful thing to someone who couldn't do it because it hurt or your leg wouldn't stay crossed or just looked like I was struggling. I was able to cross my legs comfortably at a size 18 and now I sit like that all the time. I'm now a size 14 it is so classy to sit with your legs crossed.

I'm a size 20/22 right now and even when I was a 16, I could never cross my legs! When I was younger, I couldn't wait until I got older so I could cross my legs when I sat, but when I got older I just got fatter and was never able to do it. I can't wait until the day I can cross my legs!

I remember when I was around 12 years old my friends and I did a little dance routine that started with sitting in a chair with crossed legs. (We all took ballet and gymnastics). My legs did not cross as well as their longer, slimmer legs even though I was trying as hard as I could. I probably wore about a size 12 or 14 pants on my pear-shaped, 5'1" body at that time.

I really hope that I can nicely cross my legs eventually, but I'll also be happy to cross them at all again.

Great topic JulieNYC.

I guess it depends on how bendy you are.. I mean, I could always do the splits. I could always bend my body any which way. I asked my PT about it he said its all about the protective sheath around the tips of muscles? But sure, I can do more now I've lost 20-30 odd kilo..

I don't think its just flexibility its also the way your legs are built I'm pretty flexible but I have Muscular legs so I haven't been able to cross and relax since I was a maybe a size 12 or 14. I am closer now that I have been in a long time but still can't just cross and relax.

I didn't vote because I'm not really sure... When I was younger and thinner, (say a size 10-12?) I was able to cross them but needed something (like a table leg or something) to hook my foot around to prevent slipping. I can cross my legs right now (size 16-18) but they still slip. Especially if I'm wearing a skirt. Hopefully this will be effortless when I'm a 8-10 though...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches