Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies - What Size Clothes to Cross Your Legs?

What size clothes did you wear when you noticed you could cross your legs?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What size clothes did you wear when you noticed you could cross your legs?

• Size 14
    • Size 16
    • Size 18
    • Size 20
    • Size 22
    • Size 24

Congrats on just a mere 19days until the big day, I have 13 and am soooo excited. Do you have to start the liquid diet soon? I am on day 3 and it is finally getting a little easier, I have learned some tricks on the Protein shakes thank god!! Good luck with your preop diet and the sx. BTW where are you having your sx done? Im in az and having it done in Tempe.

Julie :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am also looking forward to double crossing my legs. I'm at a size 14 when I can do the cross-and-hook. I can cross my legs now (being tall) but they are up high, as I'm a pear's pear. I also think I will wear more skirts and dresses once my thighs are less bountiful.

Itsuptome - what are the "secrets" you've learned with the Protein shakes? I start my liquid diet on Friday and am a bit anxious.

the secrets... ive learned a few and most of them are from the site, my favorite one is a vanilla shake with ice and 1/2 crystal light orange to go pack (no milk), it taste like a creamsicle and is my FAVORITE! I also like to mix the sf coffee syrups (I get mine at cost plus) with the chocolate but I got sick of chocolate really fast. broth is a lifesaver (would have never thought) its salty and hot and taste like real food! GET SOME! The other thing I do (and I know its not totally okay) is mix cool whip free with my sf Jello and pudding it makes it lighter and sweeter. Good luck I hope it all goes well for you. BTW check the sugar content on your Protein Shakes, my dr recommended under 1 carb per serving which is kinda hard to do and be prepared for the headach/carb flu on day 2 and maybe 3 but you will feel like a new person on day 4!! Good luck! Julie

i think height really matters here, I am only 5ft 1 (sometimes I have a tall day and im 5ft 2) currently i weigh 194.5 and wear a 16/18 but have been in a 12/14 recently (over the summer) and could not cross my legs. i am guessing maybe a 8/10 will do it i'll let you all know. if there are any other shorties out there let me know when u were able to do the "cross and hook". thanks Julie

I am a size 18 (us) and i still cant cross my legs...cant wait until I can...it would be nice to be able to sit like a lady again!

LOL! i had to get involved in this one, since my last memory of crossing my legs was probably in about third grade! i obviously have no idea... but it's fun to think about it! someday......i'll cross these bad boys and my legs won't fall asleep trying!!!!

have a great evenng, ladies!!!!!

That was actually one of my goals along with being able to attach my towel all the way around my body without my tummy hanging out the side. Now I can do both. I am currently a size 18. I am not at the point that is is comfortable but I can do it for about 30 minutes, which is a great thing for me.

Belle:clap2:

I finally get to vote in my own poll! Today I noticed that I crossed my legs under the kitchen table at work without noticing it and sat that way for most of lunch until I noticed. That must mean I'm there! Woohoo! I'm between an 18 and a 20, but closer to an 18, so that's where I voted.

Take care all and thanks for your input on the poll.

Congrats on just a mere 19days until the big day, I have 13 and am soooo excited. Do you have to start the liquid diet soon? I am on day 3 and it is finally getting a little easier, I have learned some tricks on the Protein shakes thank god!! Good luck with your preop diet and the sx. BTW where are you having your sx done? Im in az and having it done in Tempe.

Julie :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Define tricks on the Protein Shakes... I need variety.:bored

Size 18 for me! And yes, it was one of the little joys when I realized I could do it. I also notice that when I'm sitting on the bus to go to work, I can keep my arms at my sides... they no longer have to rest on what was my big belly! Now it's a smaller belly and you can even see that my boobs stick out farther than my stomach :welldone:

i think height really matters here, I am only 5ft 1 (sometimes I have a tall day and im 5ft 2) currently i weigh 194.5 and wear a 16/18 but have been in a 12/14 recently (over the summer) and could not cross my legs. i am guessing maybe a 8/10 will do it i'll let you all know. if there are any other shorties out there let me know when u were able to do the "cross and hook". thanks Julie

You're right -- height makes a big difference. Crossing your legs is really difficult when your feet don't touch the floor when sitting! I'm barely 5' so I won't be able to cross my legs until I'm at a size 6, which is where I was for 2 days in 1993.

enterprise01

Houston, TX

Consult with Dr. Spivak today! Yay!

210 current, 115 goal

I was able to cross my legs in 1994 when I was a size 16. Not Women's size 16 but Misses size 16. I had moved to Boston and literally walked everywhere. This native Midwestern was too afraid to ride the subways. 30 pounds just fell off of me within 3 months time. I was sitting in a staff meeting and just happened to cross my legs and almost fell out of my chair with sheer excitement.

Then, of course, I discovered all the neighborhood pizza shops and bakeries and PUBS! Hence, I'm pursuing the lapband.

My goals - to be able to cross my legs again, to wear sleeveless shirts, to be able to tuck in my blouses and to no longer wear queen size panty hose.

Sharon

I've notice I have started to cross my legs again now I'm a size 38 waist (down from a 50).

(I've no idea what dress size I am).