Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November chat...again....

Well things have been crazy around here. And I think they will be getting crazier!

Tomorrow is my DGM's 98th BD yes 98. She flew here by herself on Wednesday. She is amazing! I think I told you all this already if I did sorry..Tomorrow I'm have some friends over for dinner to Celebrate, Tuesday the cleaning lady come and Wednesday my nephew and his family, and my in-laws all come. DH will be going out of town tomorrow for the day and then leaving again Tuesday morning and coming home Wednesday night..WTF I'm getting sick of all this travel chit but I'm to tired to go there.

I have been tense and anxious and teary. Going to Dr on Tuesday to say HELP ME IM GOING INSANE!

Meet the NC Laplanders yesterday and had a really nice time. I keep telling them they need to come hang out with us. Well I'm off to bed I know I missed a lot but please know that I love ya and am thankful to all of you for being here and your friendship and support.

Sherry-Thanks for the positive thoughts! You are doing so great with the exercise!! WTG!

Pat-Good luck with the tree. I went looking today for mine and they were also out of the one I liked!

Mary-How cool he week off! Enjoy!

Eileen- You crack me up! I'm looking forward to seeing you!! How's DD feeling?

Cindy-Hi, how's it going! I got so excited for you and all of us when I read your post to Cassandra. I couldn't have said it better myself!

Mandy-How old is your little lady? Every moment is special and exciting. My baby girl just turned 21.

Cassandra-I'm excited for you! Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of you life! And let me tell you your going to enjoy the heck out of it. GL and check in as soon as you can!

Betty-You sure were the baking queen last year. I don't know how you did it without eating all the dough! I baked Cookies one this year and ate way to much dough!

Darcy-That is a beautiful quilt. I can't even sew a button. I give you lots of credit for being able to do that.

Kat-Hi I was only on for a few last night. It has been a bit nuts around here lately. You are so lucky to be so young and enjoy having a GD. I hope someday I will be able to do the same.

Chrispy, Beanie, Mary, Patty, and everyone one else. HI how's it going?

This is Abi, Dave and Oreo napping.....that was a crowded couch.

My little rock star, see the chicken Pox on her chin???

Toothless Wonder....

Me and the the itchy princess, I took the pic so it's a bit off. Like my new hair color?

HI EVERYONE! IT'S BEEN QUITE AWHILE SINCE I HAVE BEEN ONLINE AND ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS. SINCE THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER I HAVE BEEN HAVING A VERY HARD TIME PHYSICALLY WITH MY ANKLES AND LEGS. I HAVE BEEN IN PHYSICAL THERAPY 3X WEEK FOR THE MUSCLE THAT RUNS ON THE INSIDE OF EACH LEG DOWN TO THE ANKLE WHERE THE TENDON LIES. ON MY LEFT LEG I WEAR A BRACE BECAUSE I HAVE HAD TORN TENDONS THERE FOR YEARS. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, MY GOOD FOOT ACTUALLY HAS BECOME MY BAD FOOT. I WAS DOING REALLY WELL WITH MY WEIGHT LOSS BECAUSE I WAS EXERCISING ALOT THEN I HAD TO REALLY SLOW THE PACE DOWN UNTIL I FINALLY HAD TO STOP BECAUSE IT WAS SO PAINFUL TO DO ANYTHING. AMAZING I WAS ABLE TO EVEN WORK AT MY JOB BUT YOU DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO. MY WEIGHT LOSS JUST PLATEAUED FOR MONTHS. I WOULD LOSE A FEW AND THEN GAIN IT BACK UP AND DOWN. IT WAS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING TO ME AND EVEN A BIT DEPRESSING BUT I WAS NOT GOING TO LET IT GET TO ME. I KEEP REMINDING MYSELF WHY I HAD THE SURGERY TO GET OFF MY DIABETIC MEDICINE AND ALOT OF OTHER ONES AS WELL. I DID IT TO GET HEALTHY! AND I HAVE BEEN OFF MY DIABETIC MEDICINE SINCE THE DAY BEFORE SURGERY AND GOT OFF ALOT OF OTHER ONES AS WELL. I ALSO WENT FROM A SIZE 30/28 TO AN 18/20 AND EVEN BOUGHT ONE SHIRT THAT WAS A 14/16!! MY YEAR ANNIVERSARY IS AROUND THE CORNER. I HAD MY SURGERY ON DEC. 21, 2005. I HAVE LOST 54LBS SINCE THAT DAY. I ALSO HAD KEPT OFF 40LBS THAT I HAD LOST BEFORE SURGERY. I HAVE LOST IN ALL FROM MY HIGHEST 94LBS! IT'S EASY TO BE HARD ON YOURSELF. I KNOW WE ALL DO IT. I WAS TALKING TO MY NUTRITIONIST AND SHE SAID PLATEAUS CAN GO ON FOR MONTHS. SHE ALSO SAID YOU DON'T LOSE INCHES AND POUNDS AT THE SAME TIME. SO, I SEE I LOST ALOT OF INCHES. I HAVEN'T REMEASURED MYSELF BUT I DO PLAN TO DO IT SOON. I AM HAPPY TO SAY, I AM NOW FINALLY ABLE TO EXERCISE AGAIN. I FEEL ALOT BETTER PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY BEING ABLE TO DO MY CARIDO AGAIN! I ACTUALLY DID MISS IT! I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THAT. I AM ALSO HAPPY TO SAY THE EXCRUCIATING PAIN THAT I HAVE HAD IN MY LEGS AND FEET FOR MONTHS IS FINALLY FEELING LOTS BETTER. IT ISN'T A CONSTANT PAIN ANYMORE. WITH THANKSGIVING COMING UP IT REALLY DOES MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR AND I KNOW I HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR. I AM ALOT HEALTHIER THIS THANKSGIVING THAN I WAS LAST THANKSGIVING AND YES, MUCH HAPPIER TOO! THIS WEEKEND WAS EXTREMELY BUSY FOR ME. LAST YEAR, I WOULD OF NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO WHAT I DID. I DID 2 MARY KAY MAKEOVER CLASSES ...ONE ON FRIDAY AND ONE ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON. ON SATURDAY, I DID THINGS FOR ME LIKE GET MY hair CUT AND THEN WENT TO SEE MY GOOD FRIEND BETH. INTERESTING STORY ABOUT MY FRIEND BETH. SHE HAS BEEN SUCH A SUPPORTIVE FRIEND IN ALL OF THIS. SHE DECIDED TO JOIN WEIGHT WATCHERS IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR AND SHE JOINED CURVES AND BEGAN WALKING. HER WEIGHT BEGAN TO FALL OFF OF HER. INCHES TOO! I AM PROUD TO SAY SHE LOST 70LBS SINCE SHE STARTED IN JANUARY! HER MOTIVATION WAS ME SHE SAID! SHE KNEW THAT IF SHE KEPT GOING THE WAY SHE WAS SHE MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY LIKE ME. SHE DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THAT. AS WE ALL KNOW, SURGERY IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. WEIGHT WATCHERS HAS WORKED FOR HER IN CONJUNCTION WITH CURVES AND WALKING 5 MILES A DAY, EVERYDAY! I TOLD HER THAT SHE IS MY INSPIRATION TO KEEP ON GOING NO MATTER WHAT. SHE HAS GIVEN ME LOTS OF GREAT CLOTHES TOO! SO I DON'T HAVE TO BUY ALOT OF NEW THINGS UNTIL I GET WHERE I WANT TO BE WEIGHT WISE. IT FELT GOOD TO WRITE TO EVERYONE AND SHARE WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON THE LAST FEW MONTHS. I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY AND HEALTHY THANKSGIVING. WE ALL HAVE LOTS TO BE THANKFUL FOR. I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU. IT'S NICE TO KNOW YOU HAVE A PLACE TO GO AND AIR YOUR THOUGHTS WITH PEOPLE THAT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

JAN

JAN0421

BANDED ON DEC. 21, 2005

HIGHEST WEIGHT 340LBS

BANDED WEIGHT: 300LBS

TODAY'S WEIGHT: 246LBS

90LBS MORE TO GO!

HIGHEST SIZE:30/28

TODAY'S SIZE: 18/20 AND SOMETIMES 14/16 IN SHIRTS

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL!!

TODAY GREAT THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME!!

Hi Jan--glad things are improving for you!

Mandy--girl you look like you could be Abi's big sister!!!! She has beautiful eyes...what a little sweetie. At least her chicken Nuggets aren't too bad. My oldest DD had them horribly, in her eyes, ears, nose, all over her, between her little toes...she was only 16 months old, had not learned to scratch yet...and only ended up with one scar, the bump on her face I washed off before knowing she was breaking out with chicken pox--we were on our way to get pictures made, and I just scrubbed her little face!!! Mean ol' Mama!!!

Kat

Kat, that is the only bump on her face, her back had about 70 or so on it. We are on day 8, and those pics were taken yesterday (day 7). She actually got several more pox yesterday, I am going to call the doctor tomorrow, I think she should be almost all better now, but she is still breaking out? I know some of her meds screw with her immune system and that has me worried. Also she has a gritty feeling, rash on her stomach and sides, it looks like red sand stuck all over her trunk. I talked to the PA yesterday and they said to call and talk to the doc Monday, but if it got worse or if she spiked a fever to get her to the ER. Poor baby, she has had the Pox, lost a tooth and had to miss a week of school. We haven't left the house in a week and she is getting a bit stir crazy. We put 2 of our 3 christmas trees up today, no decorations yet but the trees are up and they are pre-lit so that was fairly easy. Just time consuming, I had to move furniture around and figure out where everything was going. I have the decorations out and divided up according to what tree they are going on, I just have to put them on the trees. I am hosting Thanksgiving this year so I wanted to be decorated before thurs. This will be the only chance for some of my family to see my home for the holidays. I got a new tree last year after Christmas when target marked them 90% off and it is really nice. I was worried because I didn't get to see the sample tree, they were out of the one I wanted, but I got a more epensive one instead. It is more narrow than my old one but much more full and it's pre-lit. I will never buy another unlit tree now that I see how easy this one was to put up. I am spending the day tomorrow decorating trees and wrapping presents, I started shopping last week and I think it will look nice if there are already presents under the tree, and several of the gifts are for my nieces and they will be here, it'll drive them nuts knowing the gifts are right there and they can't have them...LOL Thanks for saying I look young enough to be Abi's sister. I don't do make-up ever and I take good care of my skin. I guess I am lucky, my mother has aged very well and I am taking after her. People always think my mom and oldest sister are twins. I think it is also all the Water I drink, keeps me looking young. Abi and I take tons of pictures and we write in a journal each week, it will help me remember all the funny and amazing things she does and says. It also helps with her learning problems and is a great way to make sure we tell the psych group what's going on with her. Well I am off to bed, it's 12:45 and I am going to turn into a pumpkin. Night all ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all,

Running late as usual, I don't know why because I get up so early in the morning, just like sitting around with my coffee watching the news. Then I have to rush to get the rest done. :biggrin1:

Darcy Girl - I love your quilt! Gosh it is so purty! I wish you lived by me, I would steal it from you!:):D :D

Mandy - When I was young, I got the pox at the same time as my DB, measles too, but I was covered with them both times and he only got 3 on him! I went crazy itching and he was fine! She is a real cutie! You do look like a teenager sitting right next to her!

Jan - you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Dianne - Your GM is adorable! You are so lucky to have her! I think all that baking last year is what set me off in not doing good. I haven't done good since then!:D

Cindy - How's the house coming? You'll have a beautiful clean house for the holidays.:D

Mary - Enjoy your time off! I am about the only person in the whole neighborhood that has to work Friday! :)

Sherry - You must be a fantastic cook! You are always fixing something that sounds so yummy!

Chrisy - Have a drink for me when you go out!:biggrin1:

Veggie - Good Luck with the surgery! Thinking about you!

Kat - Thanks for doing the list for us! I'll be watching for it!:clap2: :clap2:

Pat - Quit doing all that shopping and get in here!:D

Eileen - Hows the DD today? Hopefully she is much better.

Beanie - Hey girl, you are doing great!

Well, I know I missed someone, but the clock tells me I have to hit the road 10 minutes ago, hope I don't get a ticket now!

Later!

Hey Everyone,

I had the flu last week and it was aweful. I will try to read later and post to tell ya whats been going on here. Busy Busy week coming up..... no time to stop.

Hugs

Hey All;

Fills are fantastic!! So - I get on my scale this morning - hoping to break that 300 pound barrier - thinking maybe I will have edged down to 399.6 or something.... and what to my wondering eyes does appear??

298.00 flat. No ".6" not even 299. Wow. I got on the scale twice - I couldn't beleive it the first time!! I FINALLY broke my first mini goal.

(well - my second, really. my first was to weigh less than DH - but that one was over about 2 weeks after surgery)

AND - the best part of all - with this fill, I seem to finally have some restriction. Even at dinner, I have to stop - I can't pig out anymore. (I could before the fill.) I can't even begin to express how excited I am. Not only have I hit the first of my mini goals - but I have hope that I will make my second one a WHOLE lot faster than the first.

Of course, now that I have a limited ability to eat - I am going to have to start paying attention to the rules.... the only downside, I guess. I will have to be sure to get enough Protein and stuff - but I suppose I will manage that ok. It's not like I don't know what they are.... :]

Other than that - the weekend has been uneventful. We replaced the dead garbage disposal and did a little pre-holiday shopping and cleaning. I love the lazy weekends. They are all that keep me sane!

Mandy - that Abi sure is a cutie - and what a great shot of everybody on the couch. Hugs to you in waiving goodbye to the Baby days.

Cassandra - I expect by now you are already in recovery from the big surgery. Hugs!! I know you are going to do great.

Betty - don't feel alone on that working Friday thing. I will be here.... slaving away. Hope your finger is better. I tried to chop mine off the other day too. I think I am lucky the knife was dull - but then, if it had been sharp - it might not have slipped! Hugs!

Darcy - what a beautiful quilt! I used to dabble in the quilting when I lived in a small town where the ladies used to get together for quilting bees. It was cool - but my thoughts these days are "so many crafts - so little time". I have beading and cross stitch supplies littering my office at home. Buy I seldom get into doing those. I guess I will have to carve out some time for that kind of stuff after I finish making RenFaire costumes for me and my DH!

Jules - HI!! Welcome. Pull up a screen and tell us about you. :]

Kat - let me add my thanks to the list for getting all the address stuff together. I am such a flake about cards - but I will try to send them out for my LBT pals! Mamen - how cute is that?!?

Sherry - sounds like you had an eventful weekend.... Hope BIL is ok. It is very hard to be the only breadwinner and be out of work. So, you don't see the joy in fishing? I haven't been in a while - but DH and I love that chit. :]

Chris - Ah yes. The appetite returns to taunt you with it's insidious power.... All I can say is - it has taken 9.5 mos to reach my first mini goal... Don't panic if the fill doesn't give you perfect restriction. It took me five fills to get to where I really feel like I have restriction. It got better with every one. I had to eat slower and slower - but the food never STOPPED in the pouch until now - it just trickled through. Hugs and try to remain patient. Good luck on your search for a groom! :]

Dianne - treasure every minute with DGM. She reminds me of my Great Aunt Irene - the coolest little old lady to every walk the earth (my personal bias, I am sure). My Auntie graced us with her presence until she was 102. I hope you are as blessed.

Jan - great to see you back here. Isn't it great to be able to walk without knee-pain?? Every once in a while I am walking down the hall and it hits me - I have an actual "spring" in my step and there is no pain.... wow. Yep definitely something to be Thankful for. Glad to hear you are recovered enough to be able to exercise again. Don't be a stranger. Hugs!

Patty - Hugs!! xo. Hope all is well with you and the boys.

Cindy - Love me, love my cats! Oh - and Quilts aren't supposed to be perfect. If they are perfect you know that some impersonal machine made it. Perfect things are seldom made with love. Hope you got all the furniture back in place. There is nothing quite like that "new house" feeling you get with new floors - or new furniture - or even new paint.

Mary - Honey, you probably gave that repairman the best day in months - men love that black lace.... :] Hope the repairs don't set you back too badly. I hate car repairs.

Pat - I thought of you when I went out this weekend. I went to Lowes and they had cheap faux trees - nothing as exotic as the one you are pondering I am sure - but I have no tree at all. I decided to get one - so I can decorate for Christmas whenever the mood strikes me. By the time I get done throwing stuff on it - you can hardly see the tree anyhow.... :] So, what did you decide? Did you have them ship the tree overnight? I can't wait to see the pictures of your house this year. Last year's were so beautiful!!

Eileenie - I hope the Divine Miss G is doing better today. Fevers are scary. Hugs!! See you sometime between Dec. 5th and 8th!!

Well - over my lunch hour again... Hope I don't get fired.

xo

Hi Goils,

JAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOT good to see you, woweeeee a blast from the past. Yeah I'd say you had a rough time, geeze girlie. I"m glad things are looking better for you and that you've managed to keep the weight off. I hope your gonna hang around with us :D

Patty :) are you feeling any better today? geeeze the flu sucks. Were the boys home this weekend?

Betty, I hear ya on the heavy cooking, especially when you have to work full time... it does get to be over whelming to say the least. I love to bake but these days, I'd rather buy it :D How's the ol foot?

Mandy cute pictures... your color is nice :D

Dianne, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your G'ma...how sweet is that. Hey, if you don't mind me asking, are you going to the doc for anixety? I think I'm gonna have to go for that for myself. I just can't relax anymore and everything is getting on my nerves hehehehehe.... cept my friend chocolate (that just gets on my hips).

Chrispy... hang in and be patient with the fills... just remember your off and running... :D your gonna do wonderful, you'll see.

Sherry love... Walmart at night coool !!!! EEEK @ your BIL... my DH cut his finger on new years eve 2 years ago... with a saw as well. He shaved the bone just right. Instead of across he shaved it going up so he didn't lose his entire finger. Thank God !!! that was just aweful. ..... so now I call him the fickled finger of fate haaaaaaaaaaaa :D poor thing did suffer so I do feel sorry for your BIL. We got the smaller air hocky table...its cool, you can play hocky, pool or ping pong on it. My house is not big enuf for a full size :D

Kat thats cute mamen LOLOL Sounds like you had fun shopping, I love all those craft stores, I love when you walk into them and mmmmmmmm the smell of the cinnamon pine cones or candles ahhhhhhhhhhh.

DARCY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hows' the ol tummy today? I had a tummy ache when I got back too LOL, must be the atmosphere LOL just kidding. That quilt is absouletly beautiful, my gosh !!!!! How long did it take you to make that? and did you have a pattern or did you think of it yourself?

Beanie.....are ya awake yet? LOLOL :)

Pat............ WELL ?????????????? did you or didn't you????????????? the tree silly woman.

Jules WELCOME !!!!

Cindy looooooooooooooooooooooooo and just how many days left? did you have a good weekend?

Nothing much happening here, sosdd... boss is here but not tomorrow whooooooooooooot whooot !!! TOM is here unexpectedly LOLOL dang gum it. DD is feeling better.........so far no calls from school so I'm hoping she's okay.

Anyone going out black friday? do we have any early shopping nuts here?

Sorry if I forgot anyone..... :think

YEAH BEANIE !!!!! 298 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!! I'm so glad the fill is going well.... ***doing the happy dance ****

Jules - HI!! Welcome. Pull up a screen and tell us about you. :]

Well,

I was banded 3 1/2 weeks ago, 10/26 to be exact. So I am not a November bandster, but I enjoying reading your threads. You guys crack me up. I have made one of the best decision of my life. I will now be able to keep it off. Like most of us, I can get it off, but can't keep it off.

I work full-time and attend college full-time. Yea, I know. It's crazy. But I am 41 and don't have forever to drag it out. lol I will actually graduate in December with my bachelor's degree, but will continue on to get my master's. I want to teach. So my master's degree will be a MAT which is a masters of art in teaching. I hope to finish it in May of 2008. That gives me a year and a half. That should be doable and not kill me like the last few semesters have been.

I live a little north of Dallas, TX in Flower Mound. I have only lived here for 2 years. I lived about 25 miles south in Irving TX most of my life.

Ok, that is enough for now. I am boring myself. lol

Just kidding. I am generally a happy person, but the past couple of months I have been on cloud 9. I KNOW this time is "the" time. This excess weight is going away and STAYING away. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Thanks for your warm welcome and letting me linger in your threads.

That sounded a little weird. lol