Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November chat...again....

Good evening, everyone! I spent the day working on getting all the furniture back in the right places...is it every gonna end??? it gets better each day, that's all I can say right now.

Took DD to the Girl Scout meeting; they are making a quilt for a children's hospital. It might not be perfect, but it's made with love.

Cassandra, Kat said everything perfectly, but since you are looking for support, I'll throw in a little extra. Everything she said is true, true, true. See, it's not going to do any good to beat yourself up (figuratively, of course) about lack of will power, or discipline...for whatever reason (theories abound), us bandsters just never succeeded LONG TERM with diets. All of us were able to lose weight, but we couldn't keep it off. The yo-yo effect only made matters worse. And here we are. Go for it, girl! I have NEVER regretted it, not one minute. It's obvious that we all look better, but the REAL benefits are inside. I feel so much better about myself. I can bend over and pick up stuff, and still breathe! I can cross my legs. I can buckle a seat belt on an airplane, and have extra room! I can walk without hurting as much (you're young, so this might not be a problem). My daughter can put her arms all the way around me! Also, my cholesterol has gone down over 50 points! My blood pressure is normal, not high. I wear an XL, not a 3XL. I wear a loose 18 (almost a 16!), and started at size 26. My energy level is higher than it's been in 10 years, and I'm 50...no one really guesses my age, and I honestly feel more like I'm 40 than 50. One of the worries I had was that I would have loose skin, but that hasn't happened; I don't know if it's good genes, or just that I love lost weight so slowly that it has just adjusted with the rate of loss. I keep thinking of things to say, because I just wish for you the positive experience this has been for me. Don't be trapped by fear...Kat is right, we'll be here for you. No question is too "dumb" to ask, and we'll kick you in the patootie when you need it, too! We'll do it nicely, okay?

Good luck, Cass. Get ready to fly!

Hugs to all, Cindy

Well today was a mixed day for me. Abi lost her first tooth this morning. To me that was a rite of passage. She is no longer a baby, all the baby things are done. First step, taken, first work, spoken, first day of school, gone. I am sad for the loss of her babyhood (is that even a word?) but proud for the smart, sweet loving young lady she is becoming. We went to a nice Breakfast to Celebrate the last of the baby things passing. I was discussing this in a PM today and wanted to share with you all. I am sad for the fact that she is no longer small, but proud and excited for the young lady she is becoming. Today I reflected on the past and tried to imagine the future. I am grateful for the child I have been blessed with, she is amazing in her own unique way. Sometimes I take for granted what I have been given, but not today. I will always have a place in my heart for the baby that she once was, and I will try to remember to be thankful for the young lady she is becoming. So I say to you with some sadness, tonight I will put a young lady to bed in the same room that my baby once slept in. I am the mom of a young lady and friend to a pretty terrific kid...~Mandy

I understand, Mandy.

Wait until the eye-rolling starts, followed by the Mooo-ooom (a two syllabled pronunciation of the word, Mom, said with the condescending whine only girls can do properly)

Very sweet...protect that childhood as long as possible! We're doing our best.

We already get the Mooooo-oooom, usually because I want to hold her hand crossing the parking lot at school. They walk across this parking lot to go to the public library, in a straight line with teachers watching, during school hours, not during pick-up/drop-off times like when I have to do it.~Mandy

Good Morning,

Betty boop !!!! what are we gonna do with you lady? how is your finger today?? did you cut yourself last year???? or is it some one else I'm thinking of hmmm. Make sure you wash it out alot and put some antibiotic on it so you don't get it infected. You need to heal up so you can start on those beautiful Cookies you make :)

Cindy glad you got the furniture back in place....make ya feel better doesn't it. I don't know about you but when my house is a wreck, I get very down but when its tidy and clean, its a wonderful feeling, especially when you get home at night. The quilt your DD is making sounds awesome and made with love is right.

Mary I'm with you..... laughing makes things seem a whole lot better... I mean shoot, if you don't you'll only end up crying. Whats the damage $$ did they say?

Mandy.... how much did the tooth fairy bring LOL.

DD had such a fever last night, it kept spiking up to 104 !! So far she's okay this morning but boy I hate that.

DH got an air hocky game yesterday so thats about what I'll be doing today plus late tonight I'll run to the store to see about getting the rest of my TGing stuff.

How bout you?

The tooth fairy brought $5 and a note. DD was excited, she wants to go get a new toothbrush for the big girl tooth that is starting to peek through. We have a dentist appt next week so I am going to wait, he gives her a cool brush every time we are there. Last time we had just bought a new barbie brush and the dentist brush was cooler so the barbie one got tossed. So we are going to wait. Next tooth is only worth $2, the first one was a big deal though. She told my DH that she wanted to lose a few more before Christmas so she could go shopping. I took a few pictures of my little chicken pox covered toothless wonder, I will post them later. ~Mandy

Everyone---thank you so much for sharing your experiences and be so supportive. You all have helped me out so much and I truly appreciate it! :love: :)

Kat---I appreciate your "words of wisdom" added with some humor! It is always wonderful to laugh during difficult times. :bounce:

Cassandra, I want you to know that we are all here, waiting to be your band sisters. I'll say a prayer for you tonight for an uneventfl surgery tomorrow and a smooth recovery. Do you have everything that you need? Go to he library and check out a few books and some movies if they have them. Keep yourself busy, have a cranberry tea for Thanksgiving, and hang out on LBT for company. ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

Just finished cleaning up my kitchen after making breakfast. Now I get to mess it up again later for supper!:grouphug:

Mandy, I loved reading your post about your daughter. It's so hard to let the little one go and get a big one. I think all those memories stick with us forever. It seems like it was yesterday that mine was just little ones. Now they have little ones of their own!

Cassandra - Good luck with the surgery, post when you can and let us know how you did. We'll all be waiting to hear!:)

Eileen - How is the little one? Hopefully she is better today. I hate it when they are sick, you can't do anything to make them feel better. Fevers scare me when they get that high. I don't remember if it was me last year or not that cut my finger, probably was since I'm always in the kitchen! I didn't cut it bad, it just wouldn't quit bleeding and I had to leave. It's fine today, just a little sore. I am not going to do all that baking I did last year. Last year I wasn't working, this year I am, and along with my foot, I'm not going to put myself through all that. Just going to make a few batches for home.

Cindy - Your DD quilt sounds neat! Maybe you can post a picture when she gets done.

Pat - What did you decide about the tree? Maybe it'll be on sale after Christmas.

Mary - I agree, the laughing is always much better!

Well, going to go finish my laundry then watch the race.

Catch you all later!

Well then... I am so behind in posting now... I know I can never catch up! I'm not even going to give it a shot... but ya know I love y'all and I am reading posts even if I'm not posting.

Eileen.... HEHEHEHEHEHEHE... I had the WORST stomach ache when I got back from the retreat.... only the Lord (and my roomies) know how musical my hinder got during the night...lol.

Sherry... I'll take some pictures when I get a few more blocks done on this quilt... I think its a variation of a Trip Around the World? My first quilt was the first time I ever touched a sewing machine and that was 5 years ago. I only started seriously quilting over the past 2 years. I am branching out this year and trying to sew other types of things. Hope your pup has given up riding the waves on your pool cover. :)

THis is my first hand applique quilt ... of course it is still waiting to be quilted...lol.

post-203959-13813134333399_thumb.jpg

Darcy--that's beautiful!!! I love quilts, especially the country looking ones. I love it!!!

Betty--glad the finger is not bad, and also glad I wasn't there, thanks to DH I have seen enought blood!!!

Eileen--hows the kiddo today? My oldest DD had febrile seizures when she was a baby/small child. I know first hand how scary the high fevers can be.

Mary--when do you expect to hear on the car? Hope they are nice to you and your wallet!

Cindy--you must be busy still putting things in their proper place, wish someone would come do that for me!

Cassie--prayers are being said, and we can't wait to get you banded, and healed, and back to share with us!!

Mandy--I too was very sentimental with the passing of the stages with the kids. I thought I would always remember every little thing--I didn't!! But, now I am experiencing them again with their kids. My little granddaughter will do something and it hits me in the heart, I remember her Mama doing the exact same thing. She says "I yuv you Gannie" and her I yuv you is her Mama over and over...

Pat--whats the tree decision? I went to the shed to put away a box of clothes (if anyone is interested let me know), and while I was there I made sure I can get to all of my Christmas boxes, and totes. Will have to pick a day without grandbabies and start decorating!

Patty--where ya hiding?

Sherry--I see you are here, we are probably missing what each other is saying!!!

Dianne--I hope all is well---I saw you on another thread last night, but missed saying hi!

Beannie--where you off to next?

Well I will send out the Christmas Card addresses this next week. I think I probably have all the ones who are interested in exchanging. Now, if you want a copy of the addresses, or want yours included so that you have them let me know. You do not have to send cards to share the info. But everyone would like that the info stay within our little group.

I had a very good time at the craft show, bought a few goodies. Found some things for my secret Santa gift (on another support site). Michele and I had a good visit, and lunch together. It was a great time. After that I spent awhile cutting both my Dads, and my FIL's hair. They were both pretty shaggy!!! My Dad actually ask me if I thought I could get his cut before Thanksgiving, but in the background I hear my Mom saying "how about before Church tomorrow!!!" so we got him all cleaned up!!!

Today my granddaughter and I walked to church, and home, it is a little cool, but bright and sunny and nice outside. My DD was at the hospital with her sister (actually 1/2 sister on her real Dad's side). The sister had a baby boy last night. So the grandbaby stayed the night here. I enjoyed it a lot!! She learned in church today to say "mamen" (amen). There is a woman in the congregation who insists on saying it multiple times. She did as well during the pot luck following today, so our little one, mimic that she is, is full of "Mamen's" this afternoon!!!

Speaking of her--she is now up from her nap so I better tend to her...hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend. Cassie, we will see you when you get back---all will be fine!!!

Kat

Awesome work there Darcy! I LOVE it especially the Summer Parade with the Flag :) Someday I"ll work on a Patriotic quilt for myself :grouphug:

Man weekends go by too fast don't they? Lets see....Friday was we just hung around. Took a late night trip to Walmart at 10:00 cause it's less crowded...bought most of my stuff for Thanksgiving. Saturday...Went to Curves to cancel that membership finally...after paying them for months and not going. Had to cancel that one to help pay for the new one, then the bank, farm stand for some fresh veggies for Turkey Day and fresh fish yummm. Then just as we're getting ready to go to the gym my BIL calls...he's cut his thumb really bad on the rotary saw and needs to go to the hospital and he's more than 30 min away from us. Since he's from NY he had no clue where a hospital was. Rush to him, get him to the hospital. Thankfully he didn't gut the bone...he's now missing about 1/4 of his thumb...doc says it's like chop meat YUCK! He goes again Monday to have it unbandaged and checked. Poor SIL broke down crying, almost passed out from the blood I had to have her sit down. She was worried because she doesn't work and things are already tight...how would they do it without him working. I told her not to worry, this week is a short week anyway and he'll be back to work. Sunday...went to Savers with mom and SIL again. Got some nice sweaters and picked one up for SIL. Treated SIL to lunch and then took her and BIL to see an apartment from one of our friends whos a realitor. They're going to move here the week after Tday. BIL has a better chance at a job here than Upstate NY. DH is thrilled cause he'll now have a fishing buddy :) I'm thrilled cause now I don't have to go every time lol my bad huh? I love the boat but, DH stays out there way longer than I want to. I happen to think 4 hours is enough lol. Just got done making some tasty Fish Chowder yummmmmm. If you want the recipe I'll share :grouphug: You can use any type of fish but, I like to use Haddock myself. So now I'm eating my chowder chatting with you gals and will head to the livingroom with the rest of the gang. Oh my phone isn't working since Saturday morning and the dang phone company won't come out here until Monday? What the heck is up with that? Me...if I was the one that called would of told them there is a baby in the house and I need it fixed NOW lol. Oh well...looks like Monday it is.

Kat - Thanks for putting together the list :huggie: I think it will be alot of fun...ummm ifn I can get the cards out hee hee. You're right...we always seem to be online at the same time huh? hahaha Great minds think alike

Darcy - Your quilt is exactly what I'd love to do but, don't want to spend the time with it lol. Make sense? It's beautiful! I can only imagine how it will look with the hand quilting work :drum: Oh Jake (puppy) seems to have stopped walking on the cover but, now he's taken to chewing the trim around the slider ohhhh lordy that dog! lol So dang cute but, man oh man...I had to get two huh? hahaha

Betty - OUCHY on the hand thing. Last weekend I did that same thing but sounds like you really got yourself. I just did the tip of my finger with one of those Rachel Ray type knives from Cutco. OMG is that dang thing sharp...I love it but it scares the bageebers out of me lol. How is work going?

Vegge - I wish you the best with your surgery tomorrow. You're going to do just fine and believe me I worried too before my surgery. I cried the week before and the night before until I finally said to myself....Sherry, You've tried so many things and loss but after 3 weeks the weightloss stopped then you gave up and gained it all plus back...well with the band you can't quit...you keep going until you break that plateau so what do I have to lose...other than weight? That was that I haven't regretted it at all. I'm 9 months out and 70 pounds down. (Hit the big 70 today YIPPEE). Good luck and best wishes...we're here for you.

Mandy - Wow toothloss and chickenpox. She's getting it all at once aye? I hope she's feeling well and not to uncomfy with the pox.

Eileen - I love air hockey :tea: Did he get a full size one like at the billards places or one for the house? I think that's great! Have you started your Tday baking? I have to start mine hmmm between work & gym not sure I'll have much time. But I wanted to show my SIL how to make Cookies. She's never baked! Ohhhh she's come to the right house hee hee

Cindy - Sounds like you're getting your house in order now. Will you be all set by Tday? Oh I'd love to do the tiles in my kitchen some day but, the mess I'm hearing lol Not sure I wanna do that quite yet lol.

Mary, Anne, Patty, Pat, Irene, Allison - Hello girlllllllllllls Hows it going?

Well time to go spend some family time wit da family...nighters folks!!!! Hope you all have a shrinking Monday :)

Good luck tomorrow Cassie!! You'll do wonderfully! Make sure to post when you're back home.

Darcy - what a beautiful quilt! My mom was a quilter when I was little and I never appreciated it. Now there really is only one quilt left that my mom made and I have put dibs on it. I told my mom I want it as a wedding present. Now I just need to find the groom. lol

Eileen - yeah, my appetite is getting bigger and bigger. Ugh! I am definitely not eating as much as I was before the band, but I am very much so looking forward to my fill. It's the Wed after Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll feel some restriction.

Cindy - congrats on the weight loss milestone! I wanna see some pics!!

Mandy - your posts the past couple of days have been so funny! You've got a great sense of humor. Oh, and I can't wait to see Abi's pics.

Sherry - man I talk to you almost every day and look at all I missed! lol. I ran into Glenn tonight at Stop & Shop so I knew about Rob and Belle. By the way we're going to go out for drinks with Glenn and Kristin after the holidays. lol Oh, and he also mentioned how skinny you were getting!! Hey now!!

Hi Kat, Mary, Betty, Beannie and everyone else!