Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Harry Potter Anyone???

Okay, I'm just wondering: does anyone out there enjoy Harry Potter movies or books? I would love to hear from anyone. I've read the books, well actually books on tape, but unabbridged, so the same thing, and have seen the movies. Let's chat!!!!

I love Harry Potter, I've read all the books, and seen all the movies. It's one of those series I can read more then once, and I'm really wondering how it's all going to end.

Which book is your favorite so far?

Did you know that the trailer for Order is going to be shown at Happy Feet on the 17th? We are so there. We also do the book release parties and have met the twins....they are great. My whole family loves the series, can't wait for the last book. ~Mandy

Well, it's great to hear from you all. I think that the "Order of the Phoenix" is my favorite book at the moment. I do love them all, however, and it's hard to pick. As far as what will happen? Well, some people think that Dumbledore is till alive and will come back, it's just a trick. What do you all think? And wow, I would love to meet the twins, I have heard that they are very nice. I would love to go to a book release party, guess there aren't too many left, huh? I can watch the movies over and over. Anyway, enough babble, talk to ya lata.

Oh I love, love, love Harry Potter! I have some theories on Dumbeldore. I think that he knew that Harry had to face Voldemort while he was still under the protection of his mother's love, which will only last until he's 17, and that this would not happen while Dumbledore was around. So he and Snape developed a plan where Snape would "kill" Dumbeldore, but first Dumbeldore created his own horcrux, which I believe to be Fawkes.

I've been to a couple book release parties as well. There will be one more left so make sure you get there Douglas. They are a hoot!

WOW!!! I think you have nailed it Chrispy. I totally agree with you, and I haven't found anyone to agree with me. There had to be some reason why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much. He had all the faith in the world in him. Why? I know they had to be up to something, working together. And I think that will come out in the next book.

It fascinates me how in anything, we always believe there is some conspiracy theory. Is it the fact that we cannot accept that Dumbledore is dead?

JK Rowling has pushed the boundaries of children's literature, an intentional action. Children need to learn to deal with death but we have a dreadful habit of shielding them from it.

So, really Dumbledore should remain dead, his spirit captured in the Phoenix. Wizards and Witches never truly go away, as we have seen from the very beginning, they linger in our sub concious.

I think it would be wrong to try and resurrect Dumbledore, it would be quaint and expected but wrong in so many ways. The story is about growing up, there are a lot of things happen in our youth that we have no control of but affects us in how we grow up.

Dumbledores job was done, Harry had struck out to find his own path, again something he has been trying/learning to do from day one.

Do you really think you would appreciate Dumbledoe being brought back? Snape I think is his replacement and I think things are going to get a lot darker.

When you think of it, the timings of the books are almost the same as the children that grow up reading it. So, by the time we get to 6 and 7 those young kids are going to be teenagers, so the theme can get quite dark without alienating the readers, including us adults!

By the way, which was your favourite movie?

Hope I haven't bored you with my waffle

Kind regards

Sx

I also believe that Dumbledore will and should remain dead. Kids have to learn to deal with death. Harry has lost everyone that has ever cared about him. His parents, Sirrus, and now Dumbledore. I think that Hagrid or one of the weasley parents are next. I do see dark times comming. I know that Malfoy is not going to turn good, JKR said in an interview that when Hermine called him a foul, dirty lothesome rat she was correct, that is what he is and that is what he will always be. Someone will redeem themselves, possible snape? I'm not sure. I know that 2 main characters were going to die, she decied to spare one and then added 2 more. So 3 main characters are going to die in the last book. I am guessing, Voldemort, Harry and either Hagrid, Neville, or a Weasley parent. I think that Neville might be the one that was spared. There was an interview with JKR and she said that her husband read the polt line of the last book and told her that is wasn't right. She has also said in an older interview that his favorite character is Neville. check www.mugglenet.com Tons of fun stuff there. ~Mandy

Mugglenet is awesome. They have a very nice archives of the books and JK's interviews.

I dont think that Dumbledore and Snape were working together that closely.

I do however think that the reason why Dumbledore trusted Snape is that Snape told Dumbledore what happened the night James and Lily were killed and it was Snape that brought Harry to safety.

and JK has said in several interviews that Dumbledore is dead. period.

In the Halfblood Prince, it is mentioned that Dumbledore was mad when he found out that Snape had done the UV(unbreakable vow) with Malfoy. I think the "look of hatred and revoltion" that Snape looked at Dumbledore with right before Snape did the Avada Kedavra was the hatred that Dumbledore was going to make him go thru with the UV and spare Malfoy from having to kill Dumbledore.

I think that Snape thought Dumbledore was going to figure out a way to get him out of the UV.

Oh and horcruxes are evil, Dumbledore would never do one.

I do wonder if Dumbledore will "leave in his will" the phenoix to Harry.

My fav book--- Goblet of Fire.

Movie--- Prisoner of Askaban, but I have a idea that that will change to "Order"

So, what where does everyone think the Horcruxes are?

We have:

The Locket... possibly that old heavy one found during the cleaning of Siruis' house during "Order" (RAB would make even more sence to be Regulus, Sirius' brother) And did Mundungus give it a "five finger discount"?

The Diary(distroyed)

The Ring(distroyed)

The cup (stolen from the nice old lady witch)

The snake(maybe, maybe not.. red herring???)

Something of Gryffindor's or Ravenclaws

WHere is everything else?? We know the locket was in the basin where LV possibly commited his "first" horrible act.

The ring was hidden in the shack of his mothers home

The diary was somehow in the posession of Lucious Malfoy. Is there anything else in the bowels of the Chamber?

And if Sirius brother managed to find the locket, did he do it alone?

Did he have the cup to drink from the basin to protect him from the potion???

And why yes, I am a HP geek

RAB is another characters initials, the woman that has been missing, can't remember her name at the moment. ~Mandy

Ok, I've finally decided to reply. I just wanted to comment about the avoiding death thing. I don't think that JK Rowling is intentionally trying to help children deal with death. It's just a story. No matter what way it works out, I think it is a wonderful story. I do grief counseling with youth, and let me tell you that they don't have a problem with not experiencing death. Three of my youth have lost their parents. One of those parents worked with me at church, and is a music director for another church, so several teens and youth were very close to him. Then 3 years ago, the director of the school system killed himself. He was a very close friend of mine, and all the kids in school thought the world of him. I do agree that children don't need to be shielded from death, but in my experiences there is no shortage of death for the kids to experience. One girl's mother was killed by her boyfriend, and she had a very hard time of it. After she read the last book, she got into a major depression again and she doesn't even want to see any more movies, or read the last book. Her mother and I had taken her to see the movies as they came out. So what I'm trying to say is that I hate to see something as simple as a good story to be made out to something that is meant to teach kids about death.

I hope you don't mind my rambling this time. *smile*

And as far as my favorite movie, that's a tough one. I loved 'Sorcer's Stone' because of the way everything was introduced. Of course I love The Goblet of Fire.

It fascinates me how in anything, we always believe there is some conspiracy theory. Is it the fact that we cannot accept that Dumbledore is dead?

JK Rowling has pushed the boundaries of children's literature, an intentional action. Children need to learn to deal with death but we have a dreadful habit of shielding them from it.

So, really Dumbledore should remain dead, his spirit captured in the Phoenix. Wizards and Witches never truly go away, as we have seen from the very beginning, they linger in our sub concious.

I think it would be wrong to try and resurrect Dumbledore, it would be quaint and expected but wrong in so many ways. The story is about growing up, there are a lot of things happen in our youth that we have no control of but affects us in how we grow up.

Dumbledores job was done, Harry had struck out to find his own path, again something he has been trying/learning to do from day one.

Do you really think you would appreciate Dumbledoe being brought back? Snape I think is his replacement and I think things are going to get a lot darker.

When you think of it, the timings of the books are almost the same as the children that grow up reading it. So, by the time we get to 6 and 7 those young kids are going to be teenagers, so the theme can get quite dark without alienating the readers, including us adults!

By the way, which was your favourite movie?

Hope I haven't bored you with my waffle

Kind regards

Sx

Since Dumbledore escaped his funeral fire as a Phoenix, I think he may turn up again. I hope so since they have a new actor to take the place of the actor who died.

Well, bitteroldhag, first I have to say, it's kinda weird calling you that. :)) But I want to say that I know what you mean, but I actually liked the first actor for Dumbledore better, which was Richard Harris. I think that Michael Gamdon didn't bring the right qualities to the part. He was too jittery and he seemed to hop around a bit much. Not like an older wizard would do. I really do miss Richard Harris.

Ok, you guys seem pretty into this, so let me ask. I've read each book once, seen each movie. That's about it. SO I could read the book again, or just ask you guys. :) In the fight where Sirius dies, it seems like he disappears behind a curtain and everyone just kind of knows he's dead. But I don't remember anything special about the curtain. What's the deal?

Coworker is an HP fanatic. She was talking about this with me today. I don't really care personally, but she's REALLY into figuring this out. Puts way toomuch time into it. Her theory is that Dumbledore froze Harry so he wouldn't kill Snape when he went after Dumbledore. She didn't say anything about a horcrux, but did say that Fawkes spends a really long time crying over Dumbledore's body -- something about his tears going on & on, and she's figuring that's enough to bring him back to life. Or something like that.

Want to know who really spends too much time on this stuff? Check out this guy:

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/