Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in october of 2003. Started out at 286 and I am now at 233. I had my first fill in December of 02 he put in .5 cc. I had my second in may 2004 1.0 cc total 1.5 cc's. I am looking for a Doctor in the Houston area that will fill my band! I am private pay. The doctor that did my surgery comes to the town that I live in to do fills, but charges an outrageous amount!

Welcome Kyleigh,

It is good to have you here. Please come back and join us often as we all need support now and then. Everybody here is really nice. Thanks for posting. Teresa

What does pb stand for?

PB = Productive Burping. Not necessarily throwing up but not exactly burping either. LOL!! When you burp some of the excess food that could not go through the opening in the upper pouch of the stomach will come out. I am sure someone can explain it better than I just did.

Hi Kyleigh,i have only joined this site a little while ago,and i find reading things on hear realy is inspiring, i dont post much but i sure do have a good read.:banana :banana :banana

ops sorry just love the dancing nana...lol

HI Kyleigh,

Welcome, and congratulations on your great loss so far! Good luck with your search for a fill doctor. I hope someone here can help.

:)

Thanks for telling me what pb stands for! i have done that a few times.....just never knew what to call it! THANKS.

I still haven't PB'd. When this happens to you guys, is it only after you eat too much or eat too fast? All I want is one good PB to make sure my band is working. Go ahead and call me weird!

Hey Lisa,

I have PB'ed plenty (not too much but plenty). I don't think I have ever experienced it from over eating but not chewing enough. ONCE in awhile I must not chew one of my first bites or twos well enough. I 'll suddenly get this uncomfortable feeling (the dreaded golfball) feel a slimey saltiness on the roof of my mouth and after contemplating it a minute I suddenly am urged to run for the bathroom. I never have any residual pain. I feel better INSTANTLY. It is not painful when it is occurring either. The last time I experienced this was last weekend and it was the first time in 3 weeks. I had over cooked some steak and both times I tried eating it, it caused a PB. I had the same cut of steak at my moms for dinner last night but not overcooked and it went down just fine then. Who knows. I think it is just my chewing. Most of the time I do great but ONCE in a while I just forget and rush things a little. Don't worry, your not missing anything, Teresa

My band went away. Suddenly I have little to no restriction. It better come back soon. I was able to eat way too much lunch. Normally I bring a controlled portion, but today we had a party with plenty of take out. I've been eating to fast. I think I need a shot of Vitamin B-12 or a good kick in the pants.

I just wonder why I'm the only person who never PB'd. Any other aliens out there?

Originally posted by DeLarla

I just wonder why I'm the only person who never PB'd. Any other aliens out there?

You're still in the early stages, Lisa. It's a good thing that you haven't PB'd! This is one of the main causes of slippage.

It will come. I promise you. As you get more and more restriction, it's almost certain that you will PB. Hopefully, once or twice will be enough, but there really is no way to gauge how tight you might be one day and not the next.

I have been banded 13 months and I can still count on both hands how many actual times this has happened to me and like Teresa, each time was simply because I had not chewed as well as I should or I was in too big of a hurry.

I've heard some folks say they do it regularly, but personally, I avoid it at all costs. (and I still got slippage.:think )

I should focus on work for a change and get my mind off my band entirely! Lately, all I feel like doing is posting and goofing off. I've got tons of work to do, so maybe I'll take my own advice.

But thanks for keeping me in check. I really don't want to PB, I guess I just want that kind of restriction.

My experience with pb'ing has been much like teresa's. Not chewing enough. I have been banded for almost 9 months and still have not learned to chew "correctly".