Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my fist time posting I'm having surgery tomorrow but I'm so scared!! Afraid I'm making the wrong choice, everyone keeps saying u can just keep doing the same diet u are going now so I feel kind of alone in my decision. I'm a nurse and the doctors @ my job think I'm doing a good thing but coworker all giving me mix comments like ur pretty how u are. And is it weird that I'm afraid that I might get too skinny, afraid that my husband won't find my attractive skinny. This is like the longest day of my life too my thoughts it's been such a long process and now I'm second guessing myself

It's absolutely normal to be scared. Don't let your co-workers speak for you, if you can dig through the fear you'll know if this is right for you. Hopefully your husband will prefer you to be healthy more than overweight.

I was so nervous until the day of my surgery, then I somehow made peace with it. And I haven't regretted it once.

Thanks, I have been so secure in my decision until today, and I'm more afraid of the after. I love my curves I'm not doing this cause insecure it's because of wanting to be healthy for my kids. I know it's so stupid but I'm afraid I'm going to lose the things I love about myself and also afraid of the risk after blood clots and feeling sick. This whole process I have been wanting for something to go wrong for the insurance to not above me, blood results coming out wrong but nothing happened everything went great so now I'm afraid it's going to hit me

I felt the same way. I did lose a fair number of lbs preop, so I was thinking maybe I shouldn't do it. And for the first couple of days after the surgery I felt a lot of regret. My life so revolved around food but now I am a week out and I have lost 14 lbs. I haven't felt this good in years and I am only at the beginning. If you are doing it for better health, you could not be making a better decision.

I also am an RN and I also got a lot of mixed reviews from others in healthcare. After some people tried to discourage me, I stopped telling people. I am almost 50, and I want quality years to come.

And don't kid yourself, there is still a lot of work ahead of you. The sleeve is a tool. You still have to eat right and exercise. I wish you a smooth recovery.

Thanks you too, in job I get so many opinions that make me second guess myself that it's the easy way out or that I'm young I can do it on my own. If they only knew how much work this is I really started changing how I eat and my lifestyle. I honestly get the worse comments from my fellow thick coworker that look at me like why are u doing that what's wrong with being big Lol I'm 31 and have 5 kids that I want to have energy to play with , I want to stop being out of breath and I want to stop getting blood pressure headaches that's why. It's go talking to u guys Cuz listing it just made me remember making the right decision

That may come and go but better left aside from whats been pre-decided as you'll be not wanting to feel anythiing like this later, seems every one does have the same prior to the surgery, surgery in itself is scary to any one.

Lots of luck, wait and see that it will be better after a while as time goes along, I am 14 days out.

I think you are making the right decision.. I'm a RN as well and I'm scheduled for the 10th.... I can't wait, I am having the same fears, I've even asked husband if he will still find me attractive, after I lose the weight.. He said it didn't matter, as long as I was healthy. Everyone I have talked to said I look fine the way I am, but they are not the ones carrying around this weight... I am sure you've tried everything like me, and I know you want to be around for your kids like me.. So don't worry you are going to do great !!!!! Good luck!

Oh girls gotta love the people who say but u look great just like u r being a nurse we know in our heads the way the weight kills us its nit looks its health all the way i was walking to the cafeteria the other day and a.nurse i used to work with on the floor and she hadn't seen me ina while was saying how wonderful i looked and all i could think about was how much better i feel just dropping the 20 i have dropped already preop well in the last year i cant wait till next Christmas and a year out from this surgery gl to u and better health to us all

I am about 5 months out from my surgery...I too experienced the fear the night before my surgery...I almost didn't do it...but I am so glad I did! I felt better immediately....my feet did not hurt anymore and my knee pain went away! I have so much energy its crazy. Conquer your fear and follow thru with your decision especially if you want to feel better...because this surgery will make a big difference!!

My surgery is tomorrow also and I have had a really bad day. The thoughts of what if I am doing the wrong thing? What if something happens and I don't come home? What if I can never eat this or that again. Well, I was so upset by my own thoughts I had to come home and just go to sleep to keep myself from just flipping out. I woke up in a better frame of mind. I am doing this for me. I am doing this for a healthier life. If I don't do this, I won't be around much longer because my health has suffered because of my weight. I am sure my husband will enjoy a more energetic wife and my kids will enjoy having an active mom for a change. We all have doubts that is normal. What we have to focus on is the goal and why we started this process in the first place.

Best of luck to you tomorrow.