Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months post op and preggo!

Arent you supposed to wait AT LEAST a year after surgery to get pregnant? I think gaining weight back should be the least of your worries. You need to make sure your baby gets enough nutrients and make sure your body is stable enough to carry a baby.

Arent you supposed to wait AT LEAST a year after surgery to get pregnant? I think gaining weight back should be the least of your worries. You need to make sure your baby gets enough nutrients and make sure your body is stable enough to carry a baby.

You know every time I see another thread like this, I think the same thing. I remember discussion and being given information about birth control necessity and such after surgery because weight loss can increase fertility. Obviously not all physicians do the same.

Good luck to you southernbelle, may you have an uneventful pregnancy.

Congrats!! Part of the reason I decided to have the surgery was for fertility, I was referred to my bariatric surgeon by my OBGYN. I have to wait 18 months post op before TTC... What a surprise for you!! I spoke to my NUT about nutrition concerns I had for after I get pregnant and she mentioned it would not be that big of a change, mostly adding more calcium/ dairy to my diet, in addition to doc and OBGYN, I'd say definitely see your NUT... Also, I've heard it kinda messes with your head to gain weight after you've been focusing on losing ... But just be positive an know that it is all for your little baby :) good luck!!

How exciting that you are going to have a baby! I have two friends who have been trying for years. I think if you follow what ALL of your drs say to the letter; you will be fine. And try not to stress about weight gain at this point; the important thingi s the health ofy ourself and your baby. Merry Christmas to you and let us know how you are doing :)

This has happened to a few ladies on here recently. Do a search and you will be able to make direct contact with them and they can give you some reassurance and specific help. Congratulations.

Hi, I'm 8 weeks post op and 8 weeks pregnant. I was very scared and stressed out all last week...spoke to my dr and he has reassured me that no harm will come to my baby and that I will be ok. Yes it's not planned and is ideal to wait...obvisiously...but things do happen. Yes there are options available if you choose them and yes some pregnancies may not be viable. I have made my choice to continue my pregnancy and if its not meant to be so be it. But if you ever need to talk please feel free to message me. There are some that are not supportive on here and may come off as rude, but I am here if you need to talk.

Congratulations! I am also one of those who got the surgery for fertility reasons. IMO, babies are complete, absolute blessings- under any circumstance. Yes, the timing might not be completely ideal, but you will get through it, and it will be SO worth it! I got pregnant at 8 months out, and have had a *really* hard time with morning sickness. I struggle to get in enough calories, but once I hit 16 weeks I have managed a lot better. Even with all that, though, we had our 19 week ultrasound almost a week ago and baby is perfectly on target. If you just do what your doctor/OB tells you, everything is most likely going to be just fine!

Oh my...morning sickness :( it's been the worst! Im so glad that you posted that everything with your baby is going well. It makes me feel much better about the situation. I'm excited to see my ob on Wed. ;) please keep posting updates and congrats to you!!

Yes, morning sickness is the pits! In the first 16 weeks of my pregnancy I lost 25 pounds. I had to have a 24 hour Fluid IV at one point because I just couldnt keep enough fluids coming in and staying down. I also went through trauma at 12 weeks when my mother passed away unexpectedly. Even with all of that going on, baby has been growing like a little champ. I have been able to feel him move ahead of schedule- I felt him for the first time at 15 weeks, and hubs felt him from the outside at 18 weeks. Baby is the picture of health! You all can definitely get through this, and have pregnancies and babies that are completely normal, vibrant, and thriving!

How is your pregnancy going? I want to have two more and i'm 36 years old. My husband wants one bad since i lost the weight my fertility is getting better I suffured from PCOS and my ob sayed things are better. I have issues taking birth control so I was wondering what would happen if I get pregnant.

How is your pregnancy going? I want to have two more and i'm 36 years old. My husband wants one bad since i lost the weight my fertility is getting better I suffured from PCOS and my ob sayed things are better. I have issues taking birth control so I was wondering what would happen if I get pregnant.

Could you tell me what pcos is?

Oh my...morning sickness :( it's been the worst! Im so glad that you posted that everything with your baby is going well. It makes me feel much better about the situation. I'm excited to see my ob on Wed. ;) please keep posting updates and congrats to you!!

How are your pregnancies going? Can we get an update on your health and the baby?

Could you tell me what pcos is?

Poly cystic ovarian syndrome