Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how do you know when your full

I am also starting to sneeze after eating. Any ideas?

This is just my opinion. I think eating to the point of belching (me), runny nose (me also) or sneezing is still an indication that you have eaten past the feeling of satisfaction. Instead of the signals I used to get from being full, I now stop eating after feeling satisfied. I am not sure how to describe the feeling exactly. Sometimes it is a sigh sometimes it is a message from my brain to put he fork down because of the satisfied symptoms and unconscious memory of full signals, including sliming or throwing up. It usually does not take much food to eliminate the empty or hunger feeling (1-2 bites) and then not much to be satisfied, depending on where you are at post op. For me, I now get satisfied for main meals somewhere between 4-5 oz at 6 months. My Snacks are usually more like 3 oz. I eat every 3 hours to keep my blood sugars level and to optimize my ability to process food during the day as fuel. I always have an extended release Protein shake first thing in the morning after taking Vitamins and last thing in the evening before going to bed.

I always have an extended release Protein shake first thing in the morning after taking Vitamins and last thing in the evening before going to bed.

Who makes the extended release Protein Shake? (I suppose I could Google this!) :rolleyes:

I've learned that I really need to put the appropriate portion on my plate. I also don't like the "full" feeling anymore. Before surgery, I wasn't "done" eating until I was stuffed. I also don't like to waste food. I bring my own container to restaurants as I don't like using styrofoam for reheating AND my containers are leakproof. ;)

Who makes the extended release Protein shake? (I suppose I could Google this!) :rolleyes:

I buy my extended release Protein Shake from Syntrax. They make a product line called matrix which comes in several flavors. I love the "Cookies and creme" flavor and have been ordering it for at least 5 months. It has a very high quality whey Protein and keeps you with a satisfied feeling for 4-5 hours. it works particularly well to jump start your metabolism at night while sleeping. For those that cannot eat enough solid Proteins or are not yet eating solids, the extended release Protein shakes are an excellent way to increase protein intake. I still enjoy drinking these shakes mixed with gelled chia seeds after 6 months. The gelled chia seeds have so many benefits, starting with fixing any Constipation issues. Go ahead and search this site and use google to perform research on gelled chia seeds as a supplement.

I buy my extended release Protein shake from Syntrax. They make a product line called matrix which comes in several flavors.

Ah... I use the Syntrax nectar sweet flavors - chocolate truffle, etc. I was wondering what the difference was in the nectar and Matrix versions! I'll have to get some of the Matrix variety. Thanks!

Ah... I use the Syntrax nectar sweet flavors - chocolate truffle' date=' etc. I was wondering what the difference was in the nectar and Matrix versions! I'll have to get some of the Matrix variety. Thanks![/quote']

That's great. I AM a nectar sweets fan as well, especially chocolate truffle and Oreo flavor. I started on Nectar sweets based on pre surgery information from my NUT. I switched to Matrix after talking to an employee at GNC about how the Nectar Sweets was leaving me hungry after an hour ( about at 1 month) when eating every 3 hours. Hope this helps.

I get a bubble in my throat and I feel pressure in my back. Never in my chest.,