Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry to hear what happened. Being ashamed is not going to help you, put that behind you. Other emotions are more useful. Be angry with fat, not yourself. Love yourself and be your own best friend and trainer.

I suggest you attack exercising with a vengeance. Don't exercise to lose weight, become a life-long trained athlete. It takes on a life of it's own when you stay at it. It becomes a magnificent obsession, much fun, and takes the place of overeating.

When you exercise in the right way you become aware of what foods help you recover and which ones make you weak.

Well, what do ya know, the foods that make you strong are the ones you should be eating anyway!

Proteins, complex carbs, Water, Vitamins, minerals all build you up. Sugary, fatty foods become yucky.

Your tool will still work for you if YOU work for you!

Sarah I continue to check back on this thread because as a newly sleeved person I just can't grasp I risked my life and this could all fail. Please you have already shared so much and for that I thank you but could you please give an example of what you where eatting to cause regain. I really hoped the sleeve would prevent over eatting to some extend so total weight gain would be impossible? Give me an example of a bad day of eatting . Did you feel stuff and ignore that?

I think the first thing I gave in to was regular coffee. I was doing okay with Decaf, but when I went back to work, I found myself mixing 1/2 decaf & 1/2 regular, during those times when I felt like I needed a little something extra to get me through the day. Before I knew it, I was back to drinking regular coffee on a full time. I had my surgery in August and along with November & December come all of those tempting treats. Then I stopped reading nutrition labels and started making bad choices. I do okay when I'm working because it adds structure to my day, but everything goes down the drain when I get home.

Sarah I continue to check back on this thread because as a newly sleeved person I just can't grasp I risked my life and this could all fail. Please you have already shared so much and for that I thank you but could you please give an example of what you where eatting to cause regain. I really hoped the sleeve would prevent over eatting to some extend so total weight gain would be impossible? Give me an example of a bad day of eatting . Did you feel stuff and ignore that?

I do feel full and i stop eating when I'm supposed to, but mentally I don't want to stop eating. It's just that can't physically eat anymore. However, I find myself going back to "graze" an hour or so later.

Sarah, you did the right thing to post today, people on this board know the struggles of regaining.Coming here was a courageous first step and hopefully enough to get you to the next step. Go see your doctor!!! Run to your doctor on Wednesday. Don't pass go don't collect $200. I know we all can regain weight but something is really wrong. You should have lost way more than 30 lbs. I will tell you the truth. I have lost 50 and I stay active but I do not exercise. I don't. I know I should. Anyway, this is about you. There maybe something wrong metabolically or other. Have you tracked how many calories you are eating a day? Do you feel this is a legitimate gain? Are you drinking Cokes or high sugar drinks? I am trying to think of any possible way you could physically get these calories in your body. You did not fail! You can correct this now! Go back to page one this minute, not tomorrow but now- go back to liquid and Protein, until you feel your restriction again! Sarah do this for you and for all of us who really believe we have found the final answer to save us from a life of dieting! You got this girl!! It will work for you!

I don't think the coffee was the turning point Sarah, because my NUT said we just had to give caffeine up for healing after surgery and not forever.

I guess it is hard for me to grasp only loosing 30lbs and then gaining that back on what a small about I can now eat. I guess as I can eat more if that were all heavy calories then maybe but it still seems hard to grasp.

I am trying to understand your mind set, Did you think you could get by eating bad foods because you could only eat small amounts. Also when you saw the weight stop coming off and then regain start was there attempts to do right or is this your first attemp?

I noticed your new did you have support before, during, or after surgery ? Had you been on Here before?

Okay, I am starting to rethink this whole thing and I am not buying it. There is no way someone with 140 pounds of extra weight loses 30 pounds total on the sleeve. No way! Me and too many friends have had this surgery. Some lost 30 in the first month! Either there is something seriously medically wrong with Sarah and her sleeve or this is someone trying to add doubt and scare us. If she would have said she lost 70 and regained 30, I might buy this. But really who loses 30 total? I started at 240 which I think was a low starting weight and I lost 30 in less than 60 days and I ate a bunch of crap! I am calling BS, Sorry.

I am sorry that you feel that way. When I went in for for my 1 month post op I had lost 19 lbs. when I went in for my 3 month post-op, I had only lost 30. At that point, I was still following my diet to the letter. My surgeon seemed disappointed in my progress because the other people who had been sleeved the same week that I was were much further along than me. He also got on my case because wasn't exercising. He reminded me that the sleeve was only a "tool" and that I needed to exercise in addition to following the diet plan.

I am sorry that you feel that way. When I went in for for my 1 month post op I had lost 19 lbs. when I went in for my 3 month post-op' date=' I had only lost 30. At that point, I was still following my diet to the letter. My surgeon seemed disappointed in my progress because the other people who had been sleeved the same week that I was were much further along than me. He also got on my case because wasn't exercising. He reminded me that the sleeve was only a "tool" and that I needed to exercise in addition to following the diet plan.[/quote']

I would talk to the doctor about the original size of the sleeve, and get in to see your nutritionist. If your original doc is not on board I'd search for a new surgeon and explain the situation and get into some local support groups...all the help and support you can get. It seems like 30 lbs is not the normal total loss....and maybe something was not done correctly with the surgery...

Anything we can do to help and/or support lean on us, come to this forum, use things like my fitness pal etc to track your food. It's a daily battle, if the head hunger is still a huge issue then maybe see a counselor for that?

I wish you luck an hope that you can get some local support to help with the issues that you are having.

sarah, i am sooo sorry......i was floored when i read that you only lost 30 lbs total.......i am a month out and have lost 34lbs.......something seems wrong......even if you ate just chocalate and ice cream, i am sure it is less calories than you ate before the sleeve............i wonder if your sleeve is too big????? kudos to you for posting.....this is a support forum, so please know that we support you and want to help......coming to this site is a great step......please keep us updated.....(((((hugs)))))

i applaud you for coming on and sharing your story. I admit to thinking life was going to be so much easier once I got the sleeve. Hearing your story I know that I will have to be vigilent even after my restriction. I wont be submitted for insurance until Feb. but your post has certainly given me food for thought. Yikes!

I'm subbing

Not sleeved yet but interested in seeing how this plays out.

Okay' date=' I am starting to rethink this whole thing and I am not buying it. There is no way someone with 140 pounds of extra weight loses 30 pounds total on the sleeve. No way! Me and too many friends have had this surgery. Some lost 30 in the first month! Either there is something seriously medically wrong with Sarah and her sleeve or this is someone trying to add doubt and scare us. If she would have said she lost 70 and regained 30, I might buy this. But really who loses 30 total? I started at 240 which I think was a low starting weight and I lost 30 in less than 60 days and I ate a bunch of crap! I am calling BS, Sorry.[/quote']

I'm more than a little suspicious, too. Someone with 140lbs. of extra fat only loses 30lbs. with 80% of their stomach cut out?! I'm no expert but that doesn't even sound possible.

Something's amiss...

Can u tell us what you eat in a day? Fluid intake? Has your thyroid been checked? Maybe focus on improving your nutrition 1 meal at a time. & Remember every meal is a new opportunity to get back on the horse. Please talk to your nut, doc, therapist maybe, & us--we're all on your team!

I am sorry that you feel that way. When I went in for for my 1 month post op I had lost 19 lbs. when I went in for my 3 month post-op' date=' I had only lost 30. At that point, I was still following my diet to the letter. My surgeon seemed disappointed in my progress because the other people who had been sleeved the same week that I was were much further along than me. He also got on my case because wasn't exercising. He reminded me that the sleeve was only a "tool" and that I needed to exercise in addition to following the diet plan.[/quote']

I sense your frustration. You should definitely get back to your NUT or Doc but I wouldn't even bother until you start tracking your food again. You need an honest assessment of your problem and that is impossible without an honest food log. You have already told us the things you're doing wrong, which means you know the right things to do. Best of luck.

To everyone else, this most certainly is possible with the sleeve. It is not full proof. You can certainly overeat with the sleeve if you graze on slider foods. Some people can eat more than others after a couple of months. By my 2nd month I was eating 1200 calories a day, and I was being very strict. I could have doubled that if I ate sugary Snacks all day. And for those of you arguing that you can't possibly take in enough calories, I'm sure everyone here knows that in OUR bodies, all calories are not created equal.

If you eat the wrong things and don't exercise this is a real possibility.