Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When to go back to work?

I'm just curious I'm in the beginning process...my app is for feb19 to meet with the surgeon to see if I qualify...I was wondering how long would I be off work I'm a CNA and I work in the hospital.

Hi! I am 7 days post op now.. I'm also a CNA that works in a hospital.. I took off 2 weeks.. And my dr said that would be a good amount.. I should be able to work just like normal.. I work this Sunday.. I think I should be ok.. Hope this helps :)

I am taking 7 weeks.. I will need it to rest and get to where I want to be physically... my friend was sleeved in april and took 7 and was just starting to be back to normal. If you can do not push it.. take your time

Today was my first day back to work. I'm 11 days post op. it wasnt so bad. I'm really tired and tried avoiding bending over too much. I'm taking some pain meds tonight!! Does anyone get dizzy?

I took 2 1/2 weeks off. Just returned today (sleeved 11.28). I did fine.

I took 2 1/2 weeks off. Just returned today (sleeved 11.28). I did fine.

I took 3 weeks off! I'm still tired at night!

I only took off 7 days. I am two weeks out and feel great. I have a desk job. I just waited for my 1 wk appt had staples removed and off to work the next day. I feel better everyday but I already feel good. Sleeved 12/4

I'm 7 days post op and my doctor gave me 3 weeks off, and my job is very physically demanding, I think I should be okay by then too bc I feel great right now.

I was sleeved on10/29 and to tell u the truth I am feeling good now, prior I was so tired and I needed to b able to take my naps in the afteroon. Remember major surgery it took me bit to get back in the groove, everyone is different your body needs rest to heal. Good luck

I'm so glad to hear many people are going back to work pretty quickly. I am planning on going back at 2 weeks out. I have been told they will allow me to just work at my desk while I continue to recooperate. I'm in the medical profession as well, and split time between procedures and desk work. I really don't want to stay home for a long time. I find I'm much more disciplined when I'm there so I think it will help me in the long run.