Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any january surgery out there

How much time did you take off from work? I have taken 2 weeks but am worried about going back and feeling so weak. My employer is fine with me taking more time but also offered for me to work part time to ease back into it. I'm still so weak and tired.

I was feeling that way earlier in the week, but I figure I'm taking in so few calories on this liquid diet, of course I'm weak! But, I got a B12 shot on Wednesday and it made a WORLD of difference.

You might want to give that a shot (pun intended) to feel like yourself again?

Hi! YES' date=' my EGD is Jan 14 and my sleeve is Jan 22. I am excited although I did not know I would end up getting a sleeve a week ago. I had always sort of planned on having an RNY but my surgeon feels that at my age (24) I will do better with a sleeve. Am I correct in understanding that the weight loss rate is basically the same as RNY patients? Or like within 5% which pretty much makes it comparable in my mind.[/quote']

My date is jan.13 and i thought i was gettin the sleeve but the surgeon felt the RNY was better. Im so nervous but excited as well. Good luck on ur surgery!!

I had surgery on 1/14. I went back to work 2 weeks post op. I am so tired and weak also.i am trying to get all the Protein and liquid in. Does anyone know how long this will last? I really had no problems after surgery, but being so tired. I feel bad complaining about being tired and I read others real problems.

I also was sleeved on January 14. Don't feel bad about complaining about fatigue. After 3 weeks off, tomorrow is my first day back at work and I am freaking out. Same issue, still can't eat very much and trouble with getting all Protein. I feel anything but rested. I guess it just takes patience. I was just doing well with puree stage but stomach pains over last 2 days has me back to just eating cottage cheese, yogurt,shakes, etc. Can't yet take all my Vitamin and other supplements, just burns my stomach. Good luck and keep me updated. This is a journey that will be well worth it in the long run.

I also was sleeved on January 14. Don't feel bad about complaining about fatigue. After 3 weeks off' date=' tomorrow is my first day back at work and I am freaking out. Same issue, still can't eat very much and trouble with getting all Protein. I feel anything but rested. I guess it just takes patience. I was just doing well with puree stage but stomach pains over last 2 days has me back to just eating cottage cheese, yogurt,shakes, etc. Can't yet take all my Vitamin and other supplements, just burns my stomach. Good luck and keep me updated. This is a journey that will be well worth it in the long run.[/quote']

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I am just so tired. I work two jobs. My full time job is at a desk and they are very understanding. Letting me work 6 hours a day. I also work weekend 12 hour shifts as a nurse. I am struggling staying awake on the over nights. I heard if you take B12 it really makes a difference.

I'm with you guys on fatigue... I went back to work last Wednesday and by Friday I was tired. Even now going out and running errands for a couple of hours wears me out. Hoping it gets better soon.

Not only am I tired I feel sort of weak/shaky. I know people say it will get better but a small part of me worries what if it does not. That scares me.

Don't feel bad complaining about fatigue please. It makes life very difficult when you feel so run down. I'm starting back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off and am so panicked about it. I'm just telling myself this is another phase of this process that will pass. My boss has even told me that if I get too tired then I can take a nap. We have just gotta take it one day at a time.

Hi everyone I'm 2weeks out I feel more like myself no hunger beside at 12noon every day I lost 26 pounds I could go back to work but I'm tryna adjust to my new life getting Water and Protein is a all day thing

Hi everyone I'm 2weeks out I feel more like myself no hunger beside at 12noon every day I lost 26 pounds I could go back to work but I'm tryna adjust to my new life getting Water and Protein is a all day thing

That's great! Congrats :)

I had mines January 31

I had surgery Monday January 14th, 2013 and

Ok, so call me crazy. I had surgery (band to sleeve revision) on Wednesday Jan 9th. I took Wed, Thurs, and Fri off and then also had Sat and Sun to recover. (or so I thought). I returned to work on Monday Jan 14th, and it has seriously kicked my booty ever since. I come in the door in the afternoon barely able to put one foot in front of the other. I wish I had anticipated how much I was going to be affected by this surgery. I had one day lap band surgery four years ago and was back at my desk the very next day, I never missed a beat. But this..... a whole different ballgame. I wish I had pre applied for short term disability leave through my job and taken 4-6 weeks off. My Dr. is very conservative so I am just now getting to start on meats and what I call real food. The fatigue is getting better day by day. 35 lbs down from Jan 1st 2013.