Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles. Getting in enough Fluid is also a worry of mine. My nut told me popsicles will be my new best friend. Maybe those would be worth a try? But I'm hoping tea will work too!

For the tv issues, do you have access to Netflix? What about renting/downloading movies instead?

So Normal !!! Im 4 mos since surgery and I still mourn food!! but I love my new size 6 jeans !!!!! Stay strong the end results are worth it

Ohhh poor girlie!!! Hugs to you!!

Yes... It's normal. I'm 3 months post op and feel amazing!!! ! It was the first 5 days that were the hardest really. You said you feel like nobody in your family understands, which is probably true. It's hard to wrap your head around all the feelings, changes and emotions that your body is going and will continue to go through. Let your family help in ways they can ( making tea, broth, talking walks with you, doing laundry,etc) but for true empathy this is the best place! We all understand what you are going through.

Plus like a previous poster said about the hormones being released from the fat- TRUE!

So listen to some love sings, watch some sad movies and bust out the Kleenex! It's ok to cry! Sometimes you feel so darn good after crying.

You are mourning a loss. Just like a bad breakup. It might hurt in the beginning but when the dust settles you will feel like a better,

Stronger healthier person.

It WILL get easier!! There will come a time where not only will you appreciate but you will LOVE your sleeve.

You got this!!!!

When you get cravings like that it's coming from your head and not your body. Just stop and realize that it's not something your body needs and it's just something your head wants. You won't starve by not eating those things. You can beat this.

Atelux17 thanks for the hint. I think I'll try drinking tea. Might feel better:-)

You might consider drinking warm chicken broth or eating Jello with Protein powder--I used a fruit flavored Protein powder with various fruit flavored jellos-- or something else that will give you Protein and Fluid at the same time. I remember how hard it was to get the required Proteins.

I'm also in same situation. Had my surgery 5 days ago and I'm craving food like crazy, especially meat (which I'm not usually bothered about). I was told I wouldnt be hungry. Please tell me these cravings go away

I drink 2 Premier Protein shakes a day... They have 30 grams of Protein each. And you can buy them at costco, SAMs club and various other places. I do the chocolate and the vanilla ones. Sometimes I put them in the refrigerator but lately I like them better at room temp.

I am so there with you!! I have 4 kids to feed and opening the fridge is even hard for me I think I'm starving but I know I'm not. I am 3 days out and it is emotional hard and a struggle. I hold faith that this shall pass

I just popped on, and your post was completely echoing what I've been feeling. I was sleeved 12/11, and I'm so incredibly burnt out on Water, Jello, and broth (and I've been told that's ALL I can have). In addition, last night, my husband's family brought over a 6 course meal, including a ham, sides, and two Desserts, as if the rest of my family doesn't have any food. (I have had two weeks of meals planned out for them since before I went to the hospital.) And of course they left all of the left overs. Add that to the platter of Christmas Cookies my mom brought over just before I went in the hospital. Then, today, I felt good enough to get out of the house, so we went to my moms, where immediately the children were given chocolate and my mom started cooking grilled cheese and chili.

Sorry about all of these details, but I feel like other than my husband, I have very little to no support in all of this. And let's be honest. Most of us who are to the point of getting this surgery have some degree of an addiction to food. If I were trying to quit drinking, I doubt everyone would be coming over with drinks!

Exactly. The night I came home from hospital my whole family went out to this amazing German restaurant that I love. So all I pictured was them eating this amazing food. Worse thing is my partner brought home all the leftovers :-(.

I hate it that he's just sitting there eating everything I want. Even a sandwich:-) its frustrating. I'm not looking forward to Christmas. Feel like sitting it out, but I can't.