Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Mexico, Anyone?

Congrats on starting the pre op diet. you are getting close! Keep us up to date

I'm having surgery in El Paso with Dr. Lara November 26th. Just looking for some locals who may want to meet up every once in awhile.

I'm having surgery in El Paso with Dr Lara on November 19th. I'm in the Farmington area though. I'm really not liking this liquid diet! Lol.

Thanks Tink! I'm so excited and ready to get this jouney underway:) I just got my pre-op orders in my email and I check in the hospital at 5:30am and have surgery at 7:00am. I'm so happy I will get it over with first thing in the morning! LDCountry, let me know how it goes. I have tried to search about him and there really isn't much out there. I think I only met with him for 5 minutes or so, he was running super late and had to rush through all of us that were there. Not the best first impression, but they have earned a "Center of Excellence" rating for Bariatric Surgery, so I guess they must be good. Are you taking the Bariatric Advantage product or using Body Fortress? I asked for samples from BA and they just sent me Vitamins, no Protein products. So, rather than spend $140 on Protein I probably wouldn't like, I spent $22 on protein I probably wouldn't like;) However, the Body Fortress is actually really good! I add a TBS of PB2 and it tasted delicious. I hate supplement stuff, so I am pleasantly surprised. I will have a different review about it in a couple of days I'm sure. Good luck to you and congratulations:)

<p>Thanks Tink! I'm so excited and ready to get this jouney underway:) I just got my pre-op orders in my email and I check in the hospital at 5:30am and have surgery at 7:00am. I'm so happy I will get it over with first thing in the morning! LDCountry, let me know how it goes. I have tried to search about him and there really isn't much out there. I think I only met with him for 5 minutes or so, he was running super late and had to rush through all of us that were there. Not the best first impression, but they have earned a "Center of Excellence" rating for Bariatric Surgery, so I guess they must be good. Are you taking the Bariatric Advantage product or using Body Fortress? I asked for samples from BA and they just sent me Vitamins, no Protein products. So, rather than spend $140 on protein I probably wouldn't like, I spent $22 on protein I probably wouldn't like;) However, the Body Fortress is actually really good! I add a TBS of PB2 and it tasted delicious. I hate supplement stuff, so I am pleasantly surprised. I will have a different review about it in a couple of days I'm sure. Good luck to you and congratulations:)</p>

I'm sure I was in the group of people waiting on Dr Lara that day!! Lol! I know someone that had surgery a few years ago and he was their surgeon. They said that they really liked him and haven't had any issues so maybe that will help! I tried the BA shake mix... Nasty!!! Stick with the body fortress!! I'm gonna have to get some PB2 to add. I add some cinnamon to my vanilla mix and it's not bad! I'll let you know how everything goes!!

Thanks Tink! I'm so excited and ready to get this jouney underway:) I just got my pre-op orders in my email and I check in the hospital at 5:30am and have surgery at 7:00am. I'm so happy I will get it over with first thing in the morning! LDCountry, let me know how it goes. I have tried to search about him and there really isn't much out there. I think I only met with him for 5 minutes or so, he was running super late and had to rush through all of us that were there. Not the best first impression, but they have earned a "Center of Excellence" rating for Bariatric Surgery, so I guess they must be good. Are you taking the Bariatric Advantage product or using Body Fortress? I asked for samples from BA and they just sent me Vitamins, no Protein products. So, rather than spend $140 on Protein I probably wouldn't like, I spent $22 on protein I probably wouldn't like;) However, the Body Fortress is actually really good! I add a TBS of PB2 and it tasted delicious. I hate supplement stuff, so I am pleasantly surprised. I will have a different review about it in a couple of days I'm sure. Good luck to you and congratulations:)

Congratulations. See you on the loser's bench!

For some reason the site won't let me view the last page with the most current comments:( I started my 2 week liquid pre-op today .... so far so good. I should be feeling deprived by tomorrow. I hope this site gets the bugs out soon!

Wow, you are on your way. Good luck with the preop diet. I'm sure you can do just about anything for two weeks. By the way, I have a lot of problems replying on this website. There are some days when the site just won't let me reply to post's. Anyway, I'm happy you are on your way.

Congratulations. See you on the loser's bench!

Yay! All the best to you on your big day. Let us know how you are feeling when you feel like checking in here again.

Hi New Mexicans !

I live in Santa Fe . why didn't anyone get surgery in Sfe? Just curious .I'm getting surgery in Dec . hope it goes well. does anyone regret it so far?

thank you

L

Hi Evolving...

i live in Sfe nd I'm getting the sleeve by the same Dr. how are you? Did everything go well? Do u have any regrets? I know this was in Feb but maybe you'll see this post. :)

Hi Evolving...

i live in Sfe nd I'm getting the sleeve by the same Dr. how are you? Did everything go well? Do u have any regrets? I know this was in Feb but maybe you'll see this post. :)

Hi! I'm good!

No regrets! The team is great- I've not been back to meetings and such because of my work schedule but I've bed doing well! I was 319 as of today I am 206.6 and I've lost 112.4 since 2/25/13!

Santa fe wasn't an option with my insurance. Trust me, I'd rather have done closer in case of emergency. That said, I had surgery 3 days ago...we drive home yesterday. I feel like poo right now, but getting better each day:)

Congratulations on your surgery. Take it easy. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi there mom2bnb

Congrats on ur new life!! Ill start liquids on Mon. Hope u start feeling better .. I'm taking all kinds of before pictures .. did anyone do that?