Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Mexico, Anyone?

I had my surgery 10 months ago at Lovelace on the west side with dr Sanchez. Then, a short time later Lovelace split with ABQ Partners so now I see dr. Vuong.

I haven't had any problems at all, except for some slow weight loss

My stats- down 68 pounds. 28 pounds to goal. BMI finally below 30. I have lost 33 inches. Down from a size 22 to a 14. I am very pleased and feeling great!

Yes please do let me know when you start going to classes. I'd love to meet up!

How are you doing on your journey?

Is Dr. Voung your doc?

Yes, he is and I'm beginning the weekly classes. I'll miss this weeks group but will be there next week. My name is Elise. Maybe i'll se you at one!

Yes' date=' he is and I'm beginning the weekly classes. I'll miss this weeks group but will be there next week. My name is Elise. Maybe i'll se you at one![/quote']

I am Kim. I think I'm the only post op that goes to the meetings so far. I need the support and encouragement. Hopefully I will see you there next week. :)

Hi I'm from Grants and am 11 months postoperative- would love to meet with any from the area, I am 30 lbs from goal and been on a stall. I joined this forum for motivation and encouragement.

Tink, when and where is the support group you meet with? Is it only for Lovelace patients or can anyone go?

Tink, you have lost so much! Congratulations. It must be wonderful to see the changes so quickly. How are you feeling since the surgery? How much are you able to eat before you feel full now at a meal? Is any of it easy or difficult for you?

Hi I'm from Grants and am 11 months postoperative- would love to meet with any from the area, I am 30 lbs from goal and been on a stall. I joined this forum for motivation and encouragement.

Hi LeeandB,

I'm Elise. I haven't had the surgery yet. I'm hoping for Jan. Congratulations with your surgery and going through this process. Who did your surgery and where? Do you ever come into the Albuquerque or Rio Rancho area? Maybe we could meet for tea somewhere. Anyone else in the area could join too.

Tink, when and where is the support group you meet with? Is it only for Lovelace patients or can anyone go?

Mom2BnB,

i asked at the meeting today if people other than Lovelace patients could go to the meetings. Right now only Lovelace patients can attend (the group is pretty big). they are hoping to have smaller groups in the near future and then you can come too! :)

Tink, you have lost so much! Congratulations. It must be wonderful to see the changes so quickly. How are you feeling since the surgery? How much are you able to eat before you feel full now at a meal? Is any of it easy or difficult for you?

litebrite,

Thank you so much! I needed to hear that! my weight loss is kinda slow so I appreciate the encouragement. But i am really enjoying the results so far. I am feeling super great!

It has gotten easy over time. Its a learning process. It took a good 6 months before i felt "in touch" with my sleeve and my feelings about food.

Examples of how much i can eat at a typical meal:

3 ounces sashimi tuna with about a cup full of steamed edameme pods

4 ounces of tilapia with about 7 spears of roasted asparagus.

I average 850 calories a day (I faithfully log on myfitnesspal).

im happy to answer any other questions you may have.

todays meeting at Lovelace was nice and interesting. we talked about eating out for meals. i am looking forward to meeting you there soon. :)

Thank you for checking Tink! I haven't attended any support meetings yet, but after surgery (November 26th), I have a feeling I will need to.

cgreen, keep us up to date on your progress! :)

For some reason the site won't let me view the last page with the most current comments:( I started my 2 week liquid pre-op today .... so far so good. I should be feeling deprived by tomorrow. I hope this site gets the bugs out soon!