Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one post op 4 weeks scared shitless about getting a complication. I feel like I'm going insane worrying about it. I don't want to die. It's all I think about. Please help me.

i'm not sleeved yet but I think about that all the time. Especially because I'm having mine in Mexico. I've heard alot of stories some good some bad, but people on this site puts my fears to rest when I read their post about their experience there.

I think if you are sticking to your surgeons guidelines, you should be fine :)

Maybe you could try some relaxation techniques or meditation. If nothing like that helps and you keep obsessing, perhaps seeing a psych could be beneficial.

I was the same way when i was sleeved back in march. I was always worried about a leak but now im 8 months post op and i am perfectly fine. The number 1 thing is to follow your surgeons instructions exactly how it is written down or by what they have told you and you should be ok. Dont stress off of it to much, just relax and take it easy. Let your body rest and heal on its own.

I am three weeks out and that's all I think about too! Today I got a severe case of the slimes from taking my pills and I honestly thought I was dying! I called my husband at work and told him I was dying! He wasn't very happy. We have since figured out it was just the pills stuck and that caused it but I was so scared I had a leak.

Omg, I am not sleeved neither just going through post-op appt and all I can think about is complications and death.... Smh Happ to hear I'm not the only 1...

My doctor told me if I were to get a leak it would be around three weeks. I was instructed to stay on puréed food for the first month, after that I did what ever was on my instruction sheet to continue to advance with food. I am fortunate that might sleeve and weightlossarecoming along as it should.

I will be believing the best for all of you.

I hope u can stop obsessing over getting any complications. The probability of having a complication is really slim so sit back and follow ur docs directions and enjoy ur journey. Enjoy the moments u notice u have lost a pant size in one day. This is truly a miracle. :)

As the other poster said, "Enjoy the Journey". Why put so much worry on something that may not happen? I am big on following everything thing your surgeon has outlined. Do not veer off.

Some of your hurts you have cured,

And the sharpest you still have survived,

But what torments of grief you endured

From evil that never arrived! ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am Day Four post op and I am overly excited about my new journey!!

Hey good luck to everyone! I am day 3 post op and learning to take slooww sips of liquid. My husband was terrific while I was in hospital for 2 nights. He took better care of me than the nurses did. Now that we are home I hope his help continues. My biggest complaint would be the pain where the port was. Every time I have to use my core muscles it really hurts. This too shall pass. I still can't believe it finally happened ! YaY Sleevers!

Stop thinking about it!

If there's ONE THING you can control, it is what you choose to think about. So stop thinking about negatives (which are extrememly unlikely) and start looking forward to a better future.

Worry is a CHOICE.

Hey date twin!

How are you feeling? Are you having a lot of difficulty or are you getting your nutrition/liquid/protein in? You moving around okay? Eating so much you're making yourself puke everyday?

If you're doing okay, getting your minimums in and moving around there is 0 reason to dwell on a possible complication, could it happen? I suppose it could, but we're at 4 1/2 weeks, our sleeves are getting stronger everyday. If you're doing well there is no reason to think that will change out of the blue.

Focus on the good stuff, how much have you lost? I'm down 37 lb (from my all time high) and 25lb (from day of surgery) I've lost 6 INCHES off my waist! That's the stuff to dwell on - how freaking cool is that?

I concur, at 4 weeks you are pretty much past the time when most complications would occour, rest easy you are on the downhill side of the journey.

Hey there,

First, just breathe. Second, you are normal to be scared...this is a serious surgery and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

After 3 weeks, you have a low risk of a leak. 5-6 weeks, your risk of clots goes down as well. I am 5, almost 6 weeks post op and just found out yesterday I have pulmonary embolism. While it was scary at first, I have realized that as serious as it is, I am getting treatment and will be okay. Worrying about complications does not help a thing. Just listen to your body. I had pain in my chest on the left side, that hurt worse when I would breathe. I tried to ignore it an pass it off as a pulled muscle, but decided to go to the hospital to check it out, just in case. Glad I did, as it likely saved my life. Point is, you are almost out of the window of serious risks, and if one occurs, just listen to your body and get help right away.

One of my favorite Scriptures reads, "Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself."

Thank you so much. For everyone. I didn't think anyone would want to help me. And you guys have! I'm sorry to hear of the embolism. I hope you'll be ok! I'm still nervous but am starting to relax.