Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

Hi again!

Sleeved on the 27th. I thought I would be sleeved around 5pm but they came in around 1:30 or so and were like' date=' let's go! Haha i was shocked and felt immediately nervous. A few tears leaked down as they wheeled me into the operating room. Put myself onto the table, they hooked me up and i was glad they gave no warning about being put to asleep. Just remember my face going hot and then woke up i guess in the icu. Definitely felt pain. Ugh! Was transported to my room and my legs got wrapped around the machine to pump them. Woke up around 5 pm.

Later on they gave me some pain shots, and unfortunately my stomach hated that. Was vomiting foam after every shot. My fiancé finally made it around 9 pm and took care of me. Finally went home on Thursday.

Wasn't allowed to walk much the first day and couldn't really the next day because of how tired i was.

I've been trying to figure out how much i can actually drink without vomiting. Home now and just taking it slow. Day 3 and not much pain. sleeping on and off. I begin work on Monday so I'm trying to rest as i can.

I really can't believe I did it! Crazy that it's done!!

Good luck everyone with trying to adjust![/quote']

How are doing with having to go this alone? I know you went back to work very soon after! Your a strong willed woman!

I feel the same way. Last night when I laid down in bed it was kind of painfull' date=' like my stomach had a tough time stretching.[/quote']

It's the worst when you lay on your side and you get that shooting pain. I ran out of pain meds yesterday

It's the worst when you lay on your side and you get that shooting pain. I ran out of pain meds yesterday

Looks like I'll be out of pain meds today or tomorrow. I've only been using them at night so I can sleep more comfortable, my back is killing me. The sharp pains on my right side seem to be finally going away so that's a plus. I am a little worried about trying to sleep without the pain meds though.

Looks like I'll be out of pain meds today or tomorrow. I've only been using them at night so I can sleep more comfortable' date=' my back is killing me. The sharp pains on my right side seem to be finally going away so that's a plus. I am a little worried about trying to sleep without the pain meds though.[/quote']

Have you tried Tylenol? Really helps me. My doc said it was ok to use because the percocet really knocks me out.

How are doing with having to go this alone? I know you went back to work very soon after! Your a strong willed woman!

I'm doing pretty good actually! Not much pain, still trying to figure out how much to take in. Slowly taking in liquids and Protein but trying hard.

I do start work back up this following Monday and nervous cause I'm getting exhausted from lack of energy. 2nd grade teacher and it's going to be interesting.

I've lost about 3kg/6lbs since Tuesday when i weighed at the hospital so yay!

I can't wait to see where my sleeve and i will go!

Good luck everyone!!!

I'm doing pretty good actually! Not much pain' date=' still trying to figure out how much to take in. Slowly taking in liquids and Protein but trying hard.

I do start work back up this following Monday and nervous cause I'm getting exhausted from lack of energy. 2nd grade teacher and it's going to be interesting.

I've lost about 3kg/6lbs since Tuesday when i weighed at the hospital so yay!

I can't wait to see where my sleeve and i will go!

Good luck everyone!!![/quote']

Yeah the lack of energy gets better with food intake(for me anyway).

Oh boy should be interesting with all those little ones ha.

Congrats on your weigh loss! Keep up the good work

I got sleeved on 18 Feb, so 2 weeks out. I feel AWESOME!

Started out 131kg/288.2 lbs

Surgery day 125.3kg/275.7 lbs

2 weeks out 120.0kg/264.0 lbs

So thats a total loss of 11 kgs / 24.2 lbs and a loss of 5.3kgs / 11.7 lbs since surgery.

Considering I'm a band to sleeve conversion, with a 31 year history of yo-yo dieting, I'm pretty proud of my achievement so far. And up to now it's been just too easy, but I surmise a lot of it is Water weight. I have zero water retention in my feet, ankles and lower calves now. It's been probably 12-18 months since I've been able to see my ankle bones.

Now I have to start putting in some hard work.

Some things I've started to notice:

**I can't drink plain water without getting major heartburn, but putting some diet cordial (similar to Kool Aid for my fellow Americans :) - I live in Australia now so some lingo is different)

**I have zero problem getting in dense Proteins in small portions and well chewed (have tried chicken breast, pork roast, hamburger/mince, pork chop, ham so far) but some well cooked veggies like pumpkin and carrots seem to plug up my sleeve and I have to bring it back up similar to when I had the band. I don't want to have anything to drink with it so I think I will have to come back to those foods down the road. Which is fine, since I need Protein more than anything right now.

**warm or room temperature fluids go down easier than cold ones. With cold ones it's like there's a hitch or a kink it has to get past.

**am experiencing some weird sensations that I THINK are kind of like dumping syndrome but not sure. I've had a few sweet things, not huge portions, maybe 1/4 size portions, and I get queasy, my extremities get really cold, but my body is hot, so I shiver and sweat at the same time, I go really pale mostly, but occasionally red faced (didn't realize this, my husband and some friends commented on my pallour during an episode the other night), and I feel I MUST lie down. It usually passes within 10-15 minutes.

**sweet things are just too sweet now, and nothing tastes the way it did before I had the sleeve. Also sense of smell is off too. The smell I attributed to the anesthesia until I realized that my taste was off as well. Now that I'm 2 weeks out it's not resolved so I assume it's a (nice) side affect of themsleeve.

**the surgery really does not affect your head at all! Lol. This is going to be the hard work I reference above. I still cannot discern true hunger from head hunger, or wanting to stress eat. I find myself looking in the fridge or the pantry quite a lot. Luckily a lot of stuff holds no appeal at all, but I still find myself looking for something. I go back to work next week, so hopefully that will help me resolve this issue. If you're busy - and I know I will be BUSY! - you're not rummaging through cabinets and the fridge looking for "something to do"!

Hope everyone is doing well and not having any dramas.

Cheers :-D

Ok so my surgery was feb 19th so I'm just 2 weeks out ... Weight, 260 in November surgery date date 231 today 223 .. Who hoooo.. I'm doing pretty good I also had a huge hernia repair as well. Ok so at first I had a lot of trouble getting Fluid down I think it was because of the repair but now I have no problems at all.. Cold drinks with ice go down better then room temp.. I just started on puréed foods I grilled steak for my family tonight and spilt one with my daughter It was med rare so it was very juicy so I put in e food pros. With some sautéed onions and ground it all up.. Put some on a plate with some greated cheese and some fat free sour cream and OMG it was like heaven! It went down fine and it was the first time in a mth I have had that full feeling!, so try it if your on the mushy stage ... Let me know what u think.. Anyway I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow for the treadmill but nothing to major .. All in all I'm so glad I got sleeved I see so many changes in my body that I can't believe it and I've only lost 37 lbs since I've started my journey .. I just wanted to thank everyone on this site because weather I have talked to u or not each and everyone of your post has helped Me in ways that I can't even explain! So I will keep you posted and I hope you keep me posted on your progress.. Thanks allll

I got sleeved on 18 Feb' date=' so 2 weeks out. I feel AWESOME!

Started out 131kg/288.2 lbs

Surgery day 125.3kg/275.7 lbs

2 weeks out 120.0kg/264.0 lbs

**the surgery really does not affect your head at all! Lol. This is going to be the hard work I reference above. I still cannot discern true hunger from head hunger, or wanting to stress eat. I find myself looking in the fridge or the pantry quite a lot.

[/quote']

I was also sleeved on Feb 18th and I've had similar losses.

Started at 458lbs on 10/30/12

Surgery day 413lbs on 2/18/13

2 weeks out 399lbs on 3/4/13

So that's 59 pounds in just over 4 months and 14 since surgery.

I am having the same problems as you with my head. My stomach is telling me I am full but my head is saying to eat more. So far the stomach is winning, but I am also constantly looking in. The fridge.

Help ㅠㅠ

I haven't lost anything in the last 3 days!!

I'm only 1 week out too!

I lost 8lbs this week and I know that's great but I'm wondering why I'm not losing now.

Also! I wonder about what each pain means. I can't tell if the pain means I'm full or if it means that my stomach doesn't like it.

Any thoughts?

Help ㅠㅠ

I haven't lost anything in the last 3 days!!

I'm only 1 week out too!

I lost 8lbs this week and I know that's great but I'm wondering why I'm not losing now.

Also! I wonder about what each pain means. I can't tell if the pain means I'm full or if it means that my stomach doesn't like it.

Any thoughts?

I've had that happen too. Dont get discouraged you won't lose every day. You will slowly learn all the pains. When I got pain in my sternum area it meant I was full.

My name is Rebecca. I was sleeved on 2/11. My starting Bmi was 61 and weight was 386.6. I am 2 1/2 weeks out and down to 347. So happy I did this for myself and my family. I feel great. I haven't been released to work out by the doctor yet but I have been able to take walks. My husband is planning to get sleeved next month.

I am 8 days out. And inspired by your story.

Thanks for sharing.

I was sleeved 2/28. broth, hot m sour broth, and tea go down easily. Everything else else goes down with great pain. I sip but it doesn' t help. I just have to stop eating. I am getting about 240 calories or less daily (according to fitness pal), and I feel fine. Today I ate 1oz of pudding and 1 oz of Jello and the came back up. I didn't vomit they just came up.

I wonder what will happen in the neext stage.

I went back to work today and my incisions are sore

I am 8 days out doing great had a postoperative visit today I lost 12 pounds I am so so happy food and liquids are okay

Hey Enuff ....how you doing mama?

How are you doing?