Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at the dreaded 3 week stall....I have lost 14 pounds since my surgery on 11/21 and I'm stuck now!! I'm sure it's because I'm actually eating now....but I'm ready for the scale to start moving!! I'm about ready to throw it outside :mellow:

I am still always tired and I am 4 weeks out and have been nauseous for 4 weeks. I also have pain in my throat and stomach when eating and was told by my regular dr that I haven't given myself time to recoup. I had my surgery on a Wednesday' date=' ended up having to stay overnight, took the rest of that week off, had the weekend off, that Monday was a holiday and I went back to work that Tuesday. But Dr Umbach and everyone in his office is great!!!!

I am trying to take some steps backwards and drink more shakes instead of introducing more food because I really don't want to mess this up. I lost 20 lbs the first 2 weeks and nothing since then. But I've seen alot about the dreaded 3 week stall. Mine has turned into a 3 & 4 week stall. I've tried to start working out a bit but was told by my regular dr that it is too soon. Which is confirmed by my weak and sore tummy when I do workout. I walk everyday at work on my breaks. I'm still trying to do some things; work my arms and legs, but I'm trying to take things slower. I have really been pushing myself too much.[/quote']

Did you have a hard time waking.up from anesthesia? I might remember you..

Did you have a hard time waking.up from anesthesia? I might remember you..

I did. were u the one i met in the hallway....we were both walking with our hubbies??

Thanks Shelly' date=' I didn't know about the three week stall. But I will watch for it, for me I know it going to be a long hall. right now I just worried if/when I will return to feeling some what normal, with the nauseous and fatigue[/quote']

Hi Dave. I have noticed an improvement with the nausea. I still get tired but I'm trying to power thru. I have been told the Vitamins will help tho. I have an appt this Thursday the 13th so I am planning on getting my Vitamins then. And I weighed myself the other day & I lost another 3 lbs.

I try to get mote rest on the weekends because I have exhausted my leave at work. Dont want to leave myself with none available. I suggest getting ur Protein & Water....as much as ur stomach will let u at this point...and just beggin out & allowing urself the down time for now. I noticed that helped.

Hope u feel better soon. :)

I did. were u the one i met in the hallway....we were both walking with our hubbies??

Yep..that's me!..so good to run into you again..we were in holding together..how are you..what have you been eating?..I couldn't believe it when he cleared me for regular food at 2 week check up..crazy..I'm down 24 since hospital..had a stall for two weeks this last week lost about 6..so I caught up..I'm very glad it's over and were all healed up!..good luck

Great to run into you again also. I am glad you are doing well.

Yes, he did the same to me....regarding the food. Just told me to start slow and try one thing at a time in case it doesn't agree with me, so I would know which one. I have another appt with him on Thursday the 13th. Need to get my Vitamins at that appt.

I had the 3 week stall that turned into the 4 week stall too. But I finally lost another 3 lbs so I'm down 23 since surgery, with 20 being in the first 2 weeks. The first 2 days, after going home, All I did was sleep & drink Water.

My regular dr has told me that I haven't given myself time to recoup and has told me not to do too much exercising, but I did start working on my arms and legs and doing a little Zumba. And I walk at both my breaks at work. Have you started working out?

Are you doing ok with food? Having any pain eating? I've had a problem with horrible throat pain when eating. Have you experienced any of that? Or I'll forget to eat. LOL

It is so great to talk to you and I'm glad you are doing so well. :)

I have not had any throat pain..but did eat something my stomach didn't like last week and threw up and git really sick..but other than that I havenet really..I haven't starts excercise yet..I've done a little walking too at work..me and my daughter are starting tommorow walking after work...I'm glad your doing well.

.I think he did an awesome job..the pictures were awesome weren't they..I thought that it was very cool that they send us those!

Curiosity I'm traveling to Dr. Umbach so I don't do the dietian till Thursday. What did he say for post op diet ? How many days liquid, mushy and so on? I saw you got cleared for regular food at two weeks.

Yes..before the two weeks..it was protien shakes and liquids..I did yogurts and creams soups..puddings..jello after surgery..mostly protien..pre op was two shakes one lean protien meats and one green veg. ..I had no issues at all ..

I'm a Vegas gal... Sleeved on 11/5 by Dr. Atkinson. I've lost 22lbs so far & experienced the 3 week stall when I introduced more foods. I'm having a very hard time getting all my Water in.. Urgh!

Thank you Steelegirl I'm glad it's not a clear liquid for a week. I can handle liquid including creamy Soups for two weeks. Can't wait until Friday

I have not had any throat pain..but did eat something my stomach didn't like last week and threw up and git really sick..but other than that I havenet really..I haven't starts excercise yet..I've done a little walking too at work..me and my daughter are starting tommorow walking after work...I'm glad your doing well.

.I think he did an awesome job..the pictures were awesome weren't they..I thought that it was very cool that they send us those!

Me too!! I loved the full report. He has been great....along with everyone else in the office.