Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New And My New Life Begins Dec 5Th....woohoo.

Hello everyone!!!! I got my insurance approval yesterday....only after 7 short days of submitting the paperwork!!! Crazy...my insurance is AWESOME!!! They'll even cover the skin removal....down the road.

Anywho....I am LaWanda....I am 38 years old and (OMG....here it goes) I weigh 330 lbs!!! YIKES! I fortunately only have asthma and Hashimotos Disease. With that I have tried ( and failed) at EVERYTHING to lose weight.

After seeing my Endo I was encouraged to research WLS ( I had man times prior though) and decided to consult with Dr Umbach here in Las Vegas NV. He is with The Center of Excellence and I see him all over TV.

So 10/10/12 I have my consult ( with my amazingly supportive boyfriend Joe) and we agree on the sleeve (1st choice for me). After seeing Dr I meet with Mindy the insurance goddess, pres op guru, and band to sleeve patient herself!

She tells me my insurance ONLY needs last 5 years medical docs showing my weight....DONE!!! Its in my car....yeah. No lie...that's it!!! What?? No 6 month weight loss trial?? NO!!! I do the Dr required nutrition class, psych paperwork, and have an EKG, stress test and labs with a cardio and that's it.

Nov 13 my 2nd apnt is now my pre-op...lol....WOW! I pay my Dr fees of $185.00!!! I only have a 10% coinsurance as my deductibles been met! OMG....I'm about to faint...this is really happening. The doors are wide open for me....this is happening so fast...its meant to be!

I get home from work that night to a letter from my insurance advising I'm approved...and they cc 'd the Dr and the hospital.

Now on Thanksgiving ( here's the curse) I need to start my pre-op liquid diet....YAY!! I can do this though. Its so worth it. My journey is just beginning. I love this sight so far and cant wait to share and read more!

Congrats!! Hopefully today or fri I will have my approval. I called yesterday and was told to call back, its pending! Maybe you can have an early Thanksgiving! I only have to go on a liquid diet the day before surgery. I am so excited because I know its real soon not sure when that I don't care if I miss holiday foods. I have ate enough to last me a life time. Its best to start cutting back or elimating unhealthy choices before starting liquid diets so it want be as hard. :) :)

Thanks slimagainsoon....that waiting is the worse. I'm glad I was consumed with my cardio apnts. I didn't think about insurance to much.