Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated! :( Feeling Really Down.. :(

I was sleeved on 10/10 so far i've lost 24 lbs. But i have been on a stall for almost 3 weeks! I haven't lost any weight since my post op appointment 10/24. People are saying that they see a huge difference on me and that my face is slimming down, however the numbers arent going down! I admit that i haven't been religiously taking my Protein Shakes and i haven't been eating the amount of calories im supposed to coz im scared of throwing up. (usually less than 400) im supposed. I walk at least 3 times a week. I'm starting to think that this may just end up being a failure. Help!! How do i break this stall..???

Well your gonna have to increase your Protein and calories. if your body thinks that its getting starved than it will retain everything it can. You are not a failure , you only fail if you give up. This is a life long battle. You have to learn to listen to your body, it will tell you everything that you need to know. Stay strong and stay positive.

I have had the same worries because I am losing very slowly but it is coming off. I am starting to notice my weight loss trend. I typically lose a pound every 4 days. I am only eating 800-1200 calories a day and I think it was way to low for me. My doctor did a metabolic rate or study and I burn 2400 a day so I think I need to be eating more but unless I add slider foods I just can't add any more Protein to my diet- too full. I am just going to keep, keeping on.

I have had the same worries because I am losing very slowly but it is coming off. I am starting to notice my weight loss trend. I typically lose a pound every 4 days. I am only eating 800-1200 calories a day and I think it was way to low for me. My doctor did a metabolic rate or study and I burn 2400 a day so I think I need to be eating more but unless I add slider foods I just can't add any more Protein to my diet- too full. I am just going to keep, keeping on.

You don't need to be eating more. The whole point of eating less calories is that your body will use what food you eat as fuel then take the remaining fuel it needs from your fat. I hope that makes sense.

I've had some of the same issues but I pay more attention to my clothes and what people are saying than the scale. I was sleeved the 16th and stalled 2 weeks out. I don't even think about it much now... I weigh myself and I'm happy when there's a loss and when there's not I just Celebrate in other ways - i.e. I'm wearing a smaller size now, people have noticed my weight loss, I've already gotten off of some of my meds, and yesterday I found my collarbones. Whatever NSVs you've had and are having - celebrate them. It's not just about the numbers on the scale... it's about everything overall. If all that fails - go to the pet store and pick up a 25lb bag of dog food and just think that you were carrying that around all day every day before your sleeve - you haven't failed at anything... you've already lost a great deal of weight in one month and there's more to go. Just keep trying and know that most of us hit stalls and it's frustrating and it sucks but we'll all get there sooner or later if we don't lose sight of why we're here :) . Sending you big hugs :wub: .

I stalled too (during week 2-3) but now I am losing on average 3-5lbs a week. That will change tho, and I know it. You need to get your shakes in and up your Water intake. Make sure you are hitting your calorie goals, because what was said above is true. If your body goes into starvation mode it will not burn any fat. It's a fact. I had a friend that did the starvation diet and cried that she didn't lose any weight but was only eating a bagel and a piece a fruit a day. You'll get thru it!

I'm in the same spot. I've been stalled for about a week and a half now. Just keep at it. I've noticed that even though I don't see any scale progress, I do see body and clothes progress. I can fit in jeans I never would have worn pre-op! One thing that may help you is to start taking body measurements once a week so that even if the weight loss isn't there, you can see that you really are losing.

It isn't just exercising, it is doing so with enough intensity to get your heart rate into your target zone for 30 minutes or more. If you aren't doing that, then your exercise is not very effective and your benefits will be minimal.

The mayo Clinic has a nice calculator you can use>

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/target-heart-rate/SM00083

You also want to make sure that you get in enough Protein, otherwise your body will burn muscle for fuel and you will be a lot flabbier as you lose weight.

Well your gonna have to increase your Protein and calories. if your body thinks that its getting starved than it will retain everything it can. You are not a failure , you only fail if you give up. This is a life long battle. You have to learn to listen to your body, it will tell you everything that you need to know. Stay strong and stay positive.

This is the exact truth! You are in starvation mode....your body is holding on to your fat, your body is afraid it wont get anymore food......EAT WOMEN!!!!!! JUST eat the right stuff.........................

Think you are experiencing a fairly normal stall...

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

I ate pretty low cal at the beginning too, but like others, I am going to suggest that you mix it up a little. How about eating 500-600 calories range - mostly Protein? I would not target going to 1200 a day yet, that can come soon, in my opinion.

I would also suggest doing some sort of activity, like the walking more like 5-6 days a week. As you get fitter, you can start increasing the intensity/difficulty (ie walk faster, add hills, join the gym or whatever).

I don't really mix it up as far as eating regular foods as non WLS people, but do try and get creative with low carb, low fat and low calorie versions when making suggesting to my wife at home or making choices out. Heck, i am eating at cheese cake factory, red robin and olive gardenwhere Entrees are notorious for pushing the 2000 calorie marker. I am really focuses on making nutritional, yet savory, decisions when eating at these restraints because I want to continue to be social with family,friends and local work colleagues. I love being able to focus on the other people rather than my food, but also enjoy the food too.

I am getting pretty good at it after man months of striving to eat low carb. No longer is it plain chicken or plan salmon any more and I look forward to eating. Not bored. I am pretty slimmed out at 4.5 months because I have consciously my these low carb choices over the month. And I have not had to kill myself at my home gym at all. I m only exercising 1 hour ma and usually 35- 45 minutes daily. I am just starting to rally get into the daily thing and the intensity where I keep my cardio up there with elliptical, treadmill and barbell like exercises. Intervals re rally helping me keep interested during the workout and I switch programs every day. Nothing kills my workout faster than boredom.

I don't really mix it up as far as eating regular foods as non WLS people' date=' but do try and get creative with low carb, low fat and low calorie versions when making suggesting to my wife at home or making choices out. Heck, i am eating at cheese cake factory, red robin and olive gardenwhere entrees are notorious for pushing the 2000 calorie marker. I am really focuses on making nutritional, yet savory, decisions when eating at these restraints because I want to continue to be social with family,friends and local work colleagues. I love being able to focus on the other people rather than my food, but also enjoy the food too.

I am getting pretty good at it after man months of striving to eat low carb. No longer is it plain chicken or plan salmon any more and I look forward to eating. Not bored. I am pretty slimmed out at 4.5 months because I have consciously my these low carb choices over the month. And I have not had to kill myself at my home gym at all. I m only exercising 1 hour ma and usually 35- 45 minutes daily. I am just starting to rally get into the daily thing and the intensity where I keep my cardio up there with elliptical, treadmill and barbell like exercises. Intervals re rally helping me keep interested during the workout and I switch programs every day. Nothing kills my workout faster than boredom.[/quote']

Just also wanted to append that my calorie intakes are still between 600-900 daily despite exercising and eating creatively. Usually the waiters are pretty accommodating if you give the ideas on hot to make the entrees more nutritional.

The whole starvation things is a myth. Your body will only hang onto everything when it has no more fat to burn - Google it - there are tons of scientific studies on it. Best method to get that fat to burn is to be in ketosis - which is why bariatric diets are pretty much universally high protein/low carb.

Stalls happen - and they mess with our heads because we are doing everything we should be doing and the scale is not moving...just keep doing what you should be doing as per your NUT's orders and you will lose. Our bodies drop weight in a variety of patterns - rarely is it a straight and steady line graphing downward, my own patterns is more of a stair step very much linked to my cycle.

Trend over time is where those losses really add up. I stalled hard for a month when I was 5 months post-op, eventually the scale started moving again - during that time my body really changed - suddenly I was swimming in all of the smaller sizes I had just bought.

I personally try and follow the common post op rules of 600-800 cals per day - 60-80 g Protein, 64+ oz Water, and carbs 40g or under - or as low as I can get them ;)