Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have Gained 15 Lbs But Dropped 3 Pants Sizes

Thus the comment that muscle is more dense than fat.

you look fabulous! Very handsome ;) My new "life" starts Monday at 7:30am - hope it goes as well for me as it has for you. Good Luck

You look great!! Loose skin is my fear so I walk and move around the house like a crazy woman, I hope my doc releases me to be able to do weight training soon. I think swimming would be good for me too, walking is hard on my knees as well. Keep up the great work! :)

Before I had this surgery I was worried about loose skin and not having any muscle tone after the surgery. Well I am proud to say that I am a year out of surgery and I don’t have any loose skin. I have always lifted weights and wanted continue after I had my surgery. I am going to be honest when I got back in the gym after surgery I was extremely weak' date=' in college I could bench about 475 lbs., when I got back in the gym I could barely bench 145 lbs. I stuck to it and now I am up to 375 lbs., I work out 4 days a week and I swim 3 say a week. I don’t run or walk because of the stress on my knees, I think once I get to my targets eat weight I will start to run. Just recently I have noticed that I have gained 15 lbs. but my waist and my shirt size has reduced by 3 sizes. At first I was frustrated about the weight gain but I was told that I am gaining muscle mass and it is much heavier than fat. I think I am going to add more cardio to my routine so I can get to my target weight then I will continue my weight regimen. I am so glad I decided to have this surgery..it has really changed my life!!![/quote']

You look great!!! Keep it up. My fear is having loose skin after surgery. :-( I have to wait and see what happens..

I echo everyone else. You are handsome...The weight loss ihas only enhanced your naturally good looks...

Oan: I do a great deal of cardio and to be honest the only weight training I do is far my arms and shoulders. I thought about more weight training just to help tighten things up and to gain some strength as I plan to do the Tough Mudder race next December. Based on your results it appears I need to get on that soon and very soon and chase your good results...

Before I had this surgery I was worried about loose skin and not having any muscle tone after the surgery. Well I am proud to say that I am a year out of surgery and I don’t have any loose skin. I have always lifted weights and wanted continue after I had my surgery. I am going to be honest when I got back in the gym after surgery I was extremely weak' date=' in college I could bench about 475 lbs., when I got back in the gym I could barely bench 145 lbs. I stuck to it and now I am up to 375 lbs., I work out 4 days a week and I swim 3 say a week. I don’t run or walk because of the stress on my knees, I think once I get to my target weight I will start to run. Just recently I have noticed that I have gained 15 lbs. but my waist and my shirt size has reduced by 3 sizes. At first I was frustrated about the weight gain but I was told that I am gaining muscle mass and it is much heavier than fat. I think I am going to add more cardio to my routine so I can get to my target weight then I will continue my weight regimen. I am so glad I decided to have this surgery..it has really changed my life!!![/quote']

Congratulations...you are looking great! You definitely seem to be on the right track! What an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing!

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing your story. it is very encouraging. i am waiting for my approval for the sleeve this week. It was submitted last week. My greatest fear is the loose skin. I weight 216 and my goal is to get to 140. I can relate to you about joint pain when walking. :wub: I t hurts more coming up the hill. Hopefully soon I will be joining you on the losers bench. Keep up the good work, you look great!!! :)

"Bawse"...I hear ya on the weight gain. I had put on a few myself when getting my strength back, then took a couple of weeks off and dropped about 4-5 pounds. Just curious since you lift, are you taking creatine?

I take 50 grams (2 25 gram scoops) every morning along with 3 amino acid tablets, I have not taken creatine, have you? When I played college football my

Strength coach had all the little guys take creatine to gain weight so I always shyed away from that. I going to have to start doing more cardio so I can become more lean, I just HATE cardio but I know in order to reach my goal of 275 I have to get busy!!!

looking good bro!

You really look great...congrads

Wow! You look fantastic! Congrats on your success! You seem very motivated and I have faith you will reach your goals. Again, you look great!