Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Month Anniversary: Embarassed About Weight Loss

You look amazeballs in you costume! Congrats!

Thanks everyone!! For some reason this topic posted twice and it's driving me crazy!! Anyway - I used to be 5'10''....but last height check put me a little over 5'9''......

I am definetly not skinny - but I am wearing the same pant size as I did graduating highschool.

Being pregnant 3 times and having 8 to 10 pound babies rearranged some of my figure for sure....but height has always been on my side. :)

I lost an inch a few years after cancer treatments. Turns out I would have been under 40 BMI with the extra inch. Still mad as heck.

Shewolf143: I think you are fine. Each of us loses differently. I had my surgery Oct. 12th so, far I have only lost 15 pounds. I have not cheated, but I am losing lots of inches. I am not going to stare at my scale and get depressed. You shouldn't either, The smaller clothing sizes make me happy. I am a 20 and not a 24 anymore.

Oh boy, You have hit the nail on the head. Tonite I am going to a party and everyone knows me from presurgery. I too have been very open about having the surgery. Now I have 50 lb's off me in just a few months. I DON'T WANT THEM DOING THAT MENTAL MATH EITHER!! I think I will say "I use my clothes instead of the scale to gauge my weight loss". I have a total of 125 lbs to get to goal. Yep, that's too personal to share w/ acquaintances. Thanks for bringing this up.

I lost an inch a few years after cancer treatments. Turns out I would have been under 40 BMI with the extra inch. Still mad as heck.

Out of curiosity, do they measure your height with your shoes on? If so, get a pair of shoes with a little higher sole to make up for that inch....Just a thought. I know that i had always had a height of 5'5.5" and they told me that I was 5'7". I was so confused by this. I put my BMI to low when I went for my referral for my surgeon. Then they remeasured me and I made sure i stood straight and relaxed my body. It worked, I went down to 5'6" which was more reasonable. Remeasure your height and shrink down a little bit if you must. :)

Congrats you look great in that costume...

You look great! And you could have definitely worn your costume out that night.

Congrats that is awesome! I just got on the scale & I am pretty upset....I have only lost a couple of lbs since I weighed in on Oct 12th, which was 1 month post-op. At that point, I had lost 28.4 lbs. I don't understand why I have only lost a couple of lbs in 3 weeks? Any ideas? I have not cheated once! I am getting my Water in & my Protein. I don't understand & I am very disheartened.

You WILL lose....weigh once a week (but I weigh every night and every morning - so I admit to being a hypocrit!!) I stalled for 3 weeks a month out!!! It can be frustrating - just focus on making good choices and it will happen!!!!

I teach 4th grade. I live in a small, rural community. Even with an undershirt and tights on underneath, I couldn't fathom having my 9 year old students seeing me!! :)

Or my 21 year old former students either!!

This is my 12th year teaching in this town.....my first group of 5th graders are having their own kiddos now....and I feel OLD!!

joyful noise-Thanks for addressing my post. I agree with what you said to a certain degree. From what I am seeing on this site, most people lose quite a bit the first 3 months. I just feel something isn't right that I haven't lost past the 1st month. I have an appt with my NUT Thurs-she wants to look over my food journal. I do think I am losing inches. I need to take my measurements.

Here's what you tell them:

In the Halloween photo you posted, do you see that "air space" between your waist and your elbows?

That's what you lost. It's air now.

I just say I've lost 15 pounds instead of the 40 since I've started the job. lol.

ShannonK-I hope it starts back up. I have been working alot of OT for about 6 weeks now & my NUT thinks it could be that. My body feels stressed so it is producing cortisol & slowing the weight loss down. I sit at a computer all day, which doesn't help. I also have been constipated & she said that can add to it as well.