Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grrrr. This Part Is So Stressful!

Let me know how it goes..I'm kinda in the same boat. I have bcbs and in 2010 with the help of diet meds my bmi dropped to 38 with no comorbidities. This was for about 8 months then back up to above 40. Insurance denied me last week..submitted again with pictures and and a letter explaining everything so now I'm waiting again. I will be so upset if I'm denied..after all the money and time I have put in this. Good luck!

@tutu. Thank you

@sara. Thanks and I will let you know. I'm going to call Friday and see if they know something yet. Which BCBS do you have?

@tutu. Thank you

@sara. Thanks and I will let you know. I'm going to call Friday and see if they know something yet. Which BCBS do you have?

I have BCBS of Alabama and have been waiting since my surgeon's office submitted my package at the end of September. I call every day and its still in process according to customer service.... I talked to my case worker (about once a week) and she is always saying mine is next to be looked at and then another weeks goes by... I finally asked her why it is taking so long!?? And if there is anything else she needs ill get it to her STAT... She has had me get my PCP to send her some additional items and my NUT and sleep apnea center.... The last thing submitted was 2 weeks ago.. Customer service yesterday said every time I send in something new it re triggers the deadline time for the caseworker to have to be able finish file.... It's funny because the last item that she wanted I asked her halfway annoyed and joking..."is this going to delay my file another week if I get this to you today? She said no ill grab from the fax and finish up file.... Again that was 2 weeks ago... Nothing else I can do but wait ... It's frustrating because here comes the end of the year and I thought for sure I would have an answer by now... I also told her that I hear and read other people's experiences online with same insurance and they get approved anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks.... She laughed and said well was it 3 weeks before Xmas? At the busiest time of the year for us? I really don't know if anyone else has had a quick approval with (BCBS of Alabama) specifically from November until now? If you have can you share your story? When you submitted when your approval was given and what is your sleeve date? Were you one of the lucky people that got approved and a date before January 1st!??

Thanks for the long read....

I have BCBS of Alabama and have been waiting since my surgeon's office submitted my package at the end of September. I call every day and its still in process according to customer service.

OMG!!! That's crazy. I will totally freak if mine takes that long. I'm sorry. I hope you hear something soon!!! Is your insurance through Lowe's employment?

@tutu. Thank you

I have bc bs of Alabama

I have BCBS of Alabama and have been waiting since my surgeon's office submitted my package at the end of September. I call every day and its still in process according to customer service.... I talked to my case worker (about once a week) and she is always saying mine is next to be looked at and then another weeks goes by... I finally asked her why it is taking so long!?? And if there is anything else she needs ill get it to her STAT... She has had me get my PCP to send her some additional items and my NUT and sleep apnea center.... The last thing submitted was 2 weeks ago.. Customer service yesterday said every time I send in something new it re triggers the deadline time for the caseworker to have to be able finish file.... It's funny because the last item that she wanted I asked her halfway annoyed and joking..."is this going to delay my file another week if I get this to you today? She said no ill grab from the fax and finish up file.... Again that was 2 weeks ago... Nothing else I can do but wait ... It's frustrating because here comes the end of the year and I thought for sure I would have an answer by now... I also told her that I hear and read other people's experiences online with same insurance and they get approved anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks.... She laughed and said well was it 3 weeks before Xmas? At the busiest time of the year for us? I really don't know if anyone else has had a quick approval with (BCBS of Alabama) specifically from November until now? If you have can you share your story? When you submitted when your approval was given and what is your sleeve date? Were you one of the lucky people that got approved and a date before January 1st!??

Thanks for the long read....

Oh great I have bcbs of Alabama..keep me posted

Oh great I have bcbs of Alabama..keep me posted

Yes it's through Lowes employment! Last thing I submitted was a letter saying in 2009 I only went to dr once .... And had only one record of my weight ...thank got it was over 40+... I have heard of them accepting pictures when appealing a decision with explanations like if you were dieting or on a medication that allowed your weight to drop below the 40 bmi...etc I've seen some people win the appeal don't give up!!!! Fight fight fight! You all through lowes too?? I wonder if we have the same caseworker! Lol

I have BCBS Federal (husband works for Army) but I have a friend who is also doing this and she has BCBS AL through her husband's employment (Lowe's)

Good luck to both of you!! I hope you hear something super soon. Wish me luck!

Yes it's through Lowes employment! Last thing I submitted was a letter saying in 2009 I only went to dr once .... And had only one record of my weight ...thank got it was over 40+... I have heard of them accepting pictures when appealing a decision with explanations like if you were dieting or on a medication that allowed your weight to drop below the 40 bmi...etc I've seen some people win the appeal don't give up!!!! Fight fight fight! You all through lowes too?? I wonder if we have the same caseworker! Lol

originally it was submitted electronically and kicked back almost immediately which the surgeons staff warned me about that. So I wrote a letter explaining my meds and diet blah blah blah and sent pictures as well. So I'm glad to hear someone else say that its possible with that! Funny thing is the surgeons office emailed me and said go on the 2 week pre op diet. I kinda feel like they wouldn't tell me to do that if they were not confident it would be approved. But since this set me back in the timing dept ..I have to wait till January anyway. I work for a major hospital in north alabama.

Keep me posted on your approval of you have bcbs of alabama....

Yep I sent in a letter and pics! So I am glad to hear someone say that its an option! Also my surgeons office told me to start my pre op diet..kinda feel like they wouldn't tell me to do that unless they were fairly confident I would be approved. Lol I don't work for lowes..I work for a hospital..a hospital that wants to promote total good health of their employees. That's another story lol

Sorry about the double post..my phone was freezing up

Good luck to all of you!!! Fingers crossed and trying to stay positive... Update my insurance coordinator who dropped off the face of the earth ....emails me today...saying she left me a message Friday (lies) on the first letter of missing info the insurance sent a month ago...lol I called her back immediately and shared that I have been getting the insurance what they need as they needed all items directly from the PCP not her /surgery center... Also that they now have received all of that in addition to 3 more items they were needing since the letter that i faxed!!! She was kinda upset she was out I the loop and I told her that I'm just doing what they are asking and that they said they have tried to reach her....in regards to what they need...anyway, i told her I could really use her help in getting this finished up as it is dragging online sept and that maybe if she can help me call and move it along? She said that sometimes she can call a different person at BCBS who can get this going....I guess we will see!!! Not a lot of hope in her dropping the ball this far..mostly disappointed in this place and its too bad as my friend had went through them and had this awesome experience.... Lots o luck to all of you....!!! HUGSS!