Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bmi 35 Need To Lose 75 Lbs

Hey everyone..... My name is Celina, I will be a January2013 sleever!!! BMI 36 CW 228 HT 5'6.

Looking forward to getting to know you all especially since I've been stalking the forum for 2months!!!!! Enjoy your week guys and good luck to the upcoming surgeries.

Hey everyone..... My name is Celina, I will be a January2013 sleever!!! BMI 36 CW 228 HT 5'6.

Looking forward to getting to know you all especially since I've been stalking the forum for 2months!!!!! Enjoy your week guys and good luck to the upcoming surgeries.

Hi and welcome!

I am pretty new here too. I am also hoping to be a January2013 sleever. I started with a bmi of 37.5, but have been dieting on my own to get a head start. I am now at a bmi of 33.5. I am short (5'2") and want to lose another 60 lbs. I will be going to MX as my insurance has an exclusion for WLS. Are you self pay or covered through insurance?

Hey there! I am insured, currently on my 4th of 6 Dr supervised visits. I don't have the standard comorbidities like apnea, hypertension, diabetes etc.... I have degenerative disk and joint disease which has qualified me. I am looking forward to taking off this weight so I don't feel like I'm 70 yrs old getting out of bed in the morning. I'm too young to feel this damn old;)

@ queen of crop. Wats da name of ya blogged

MaryLynn

HI MaryLynn:

My blog is www.queenofcrop.com You might want to start with www.queenofcrop.com/about and go from there....I think you must not have your signatures turned on in your preferences otherwise you could see it in my signature. That happened to me at first too. For some reason (I have yet to understand why) the forum doesn't want you to put the link to your blog in the messages. This makes no sense to me because we are all here to support each other in what ever way we can. But I'll risk getting my hand slapped again so you have the link!

Good thread here...and good luck to those who are just coming on board to the forum...

Umm well I have a different perspective I just want you to think about. I am 5' but started at the same weight as you, low bmi, no risk factors, no comorbidities. I have a six year old who has special needs. I had the surgery to avoid joining my family in being obese into my old age, and to feel better about myself. I did everything I was told and followed all doctors rules and had MAJOR complications. I was away from my child 22 days, and the other 24 days I was at home bedridden and unable to even help him get dressed for school I was so sick. I nearly died.

I regret that I took that chance with my life when he was still very needing of my presence. His progress went backwards while I was away from him and we are just now seeing him get back in the grove, still not back where he was (I'm eleven weeks out). I frankly regret the surgery and had I had one of the horrific procedures explained to me that were done many times while I was fighting for my life in it's gory detail, I'd have joined a gym and never taken the risks I took having this surgery.

I wish I would have waited until he was older and not so needy. But I also deeply regret that I almost killed myself with this. I always will.

I would advise that you ensure you have a support system in place to care for your son if you should encounter any complications. I was lucky we had the support of a darling young woman who works part time for us as well as my mother and my husband and many dear friends without whom we would have never made it through this hell. Plan for the worst and then be happy you didn't need it, but do plan. And write a "just in case" letter to your child prior to surgery and make sure someone knows where it is. It's the hardest letter you will ever write, but when I was facing death I was damn glad I had written it so he would know how much I loved him if I was gone.

I do get that you've tried other programs, but I guess I just see so much of me in your shoes given our stats and our small child, and just wish I could motivate you to succeed any other way at this point. Maybe that's not possible :) I understand, I just hate to see a relatively healthy mom take any chances when their kiddo's are so young, especially with any special needs to consider. Sorry :(

@iggychick. Thank you for your story. Definitely a different perspective and something that I should consider. So sorry you had such a hard time. God Bless You.

Sorry about the passion hun. I just see "me" in so much of your story. Whatever you do, just be prepared ok? :)

@iggychic, I sent you a private message. Did you get it?

Hopefully you got the long winded response :P

Hi Celina. Your weight and height is about what mine was. I'm almost 5'6 and weighed 220ish when I started...then after preop diet I was 217 (I only had 10 days notice before surgery). I had my surgery 3 days ago at Presbyterian Plano using Dr. Cribbins.

Hi Celina. Your weight and height is about what mine was. I'm almost 5'6 and weighed 220ish when I started...then after preop diet I was 217 (I only had 10 days notice before surgery). I had my surgery 3 days ago at Presbyterian Plano using Dr. Cribbins.

Hi Melinda....how are you feeling? Was it everything you expected???

Pretty much. It wasn't as painful as I expected. Don't get me wrong its not easy, but I didn't have severe pain like I feared I would have after having a large portion of my stomach removed. It's more of a soreness and that's at my incision sites. I RARELY take pain pills, so the morphine drip they gave me made me extremely sluggish and sleepy. I told them I didn't want it anymore the 2nd day and honestly for me I felt better without it. I was able to get up and walk then. I couldn't before because I was so 'druggy' feeling.

Honestly I hated the blood thinner shots more than anything. They felt like wasp stings. Not so much the actual shot, but the medicine still hurts even after the nurse pulls the needle out. Like when you get stung by a wasp and it still hurts because the stinger is still in your skin. If possible don't let them give it to you by your arm pit. I got the first one there and it hurt like hell. The other 2 were in my stomach (yeah, I know but not bad) and they weren't as painful.

I would say what I felt in my stomach is/was more of a rumbly type feeling. Kind of like if you ate something you shouldn't have and your stomach starts rumbling...like that....but for me it wasn't pain.

LOL..my daughter just informed me that when I was still 'out of it' and they tried to put the oxygen hose thing in my nose I slapped it away and said there were flies swarming around my nose...and when my stomach was rumbling I said my stomach feels like that Katy Perry song..Fireworks..

Well I could have said a lot worse! HA Fortunately I didn't, or if I did they haven't told me.

I'm sure it would be hilarious to be a fly on the wall to be able to hear all the crazy things people say when either coming out of anesthesia or from being doped up! Those nurses could write a book:)