Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bmi 35 Need To Lose 75 Lbs

I'm sure it would be hilarious to be a fly on the wall to be able to hear all the crazy things people say when either coming out of anesthesia or from being doped up! Those nurses could write a book:)

OMG don't you know those doctors have heard some crazy stuff! LOL

Lots of low BMI pals out there! I just had surgery on Monday. Feeling very lucky.

Lots of low BMI pals out there! I just had surgery on Monday. Feeling very lucky.

Ok how much u weight nd ****... only 75

MaryPoppings

Inbox me

MaryPoppings

Hey everyone..... My name is Celina, I will be a January2013 sleever!!! BMI 36 CW 228 HT 5'6.

Looking forward to getting to know you all especially since I've been stalking the forum for 2months!!!!! Enjoy your week guys and good luck to the upcoming surgeries.

Hi I had my surgery Nov. 2nd.and was approx. 212lbs. I am now 190 and my goal is 150....although 145 would be wonderful! My metabolism/hormones and yo-yo dieting have made my weigh loss a little slow but I'm not a big 'exercizer' so that doesn't help either. I'm glad I had it done and haven't had any problems from it at all.

Hi I had my surgery Nov. 2nd.and was approx. 212lbs. I am now 190 and my goal is 150....although 145 would be wonderful! My metabolism/hormones and yo-yo dieting have made my weigh loss a little slow but I'm not a big 'exercizer' so that doesn't help either. I'm glad I had it done and haven't had any problems from it at all.

True my doc said I gotta be 140 2 150

MaryPoppings

Umm well I have a different perspective I just want you to think about. I am 5' but started at the same weight as you, low bmi, no risk factors, no comorbidities. I have a six year old who has special needs. I had the surgery to avoid joining my family in being obese into my old age, and to feel better about myself. I did everything I was told and followed all doctors rules and had MAJOR complications. I was away from my child 22 days, and the other 24 days I was at home bedridden and unable to even help him get dressed for school I was so sick. I nearly died.

I regret that I took that chance with my life when he was still very needing of my presence. His progress went backwards while I was away from him and we are just now seeing him get back in the grove, still not back where he was (I'm eleven weeks out). I frankly regret the surgery and had I had one of the horrific procedures explained to me that were done many times while I was fighting for my life in it's gory detail, I'd have joined a gym and never taken the risks I took having this surgery.

I wish I would have waited until he was older and not so needy. But I also deeply regret that I almost killed myself with this. I always will.

I would advise that you ensure you have a support system in place to care for your son if you should encounter any complications. I was lucky we had the support of a darling young woman who works part time for us as well as my mother and my husband and many dear friends without whom we would have never made it through this hell. Plan for the worst and then be happy you didn't need it, but do plan. And write a "just in case" letter to your child prior to surgery and make sure someone knows where it is. It's the hardest letter you will ever write, but when I was facing death I was damn glad I had written it so he would know how much I loved him if I was gone.

I do get that you've tried other programs, but I guess I just see so much of me in your shoes given our stats and our small child, and just wish I could motivate you to succeed any other way at this point. Maybe that's not possible :) I understand, I just hate to see a relatively healthy mom take any chances when their kiddo's are so young, especially with any special needs to consider. Sorry :(

Uhhmmm I've enjoyed reading all the posts from the low BMI's I'm Scheduled for April 16th. My BMI says I'm class 2 Obesity even though I may not be that big too others. However, I don't want to wait until I'm morbidly obease to get a handle on this. I've had problems with weight my hold life. The gym, diets all that stuff has only been a short term solution for me.

So, may I ask what kind of complications you had. Did you have other medical issues that caused you a problem? Did you leak?

@marylynn. I have been unhappy with my size for along time. Size 12/14. I can lose 25-30 lbs with excercise but it comes right back plus more! Im tired of the yoyo! I have a two year old with behavior problems that i cannot keep up with. I had gestational diabetes with my pregnancy and a family history of diabetes' date=' high blood pressure, stroke, etc. Just trying to get the weight under control before I inherit some of these medical issues.[/quote']

I most differently understand u we really have almost similar stories how much do u weight now I m now down 115 plds nd gotta lose 50 2 60 more its gettin harder nd harder

Hello new here!! 5'5" and 211.6 lbs this morning! I am 9 days post op - only lost 6.4 lbs so far, but I also am just starting to feel better... Yay!!

I am going to get walking tomorrow !! I want to help keep things moving!!

I am still unsure of my goal weight, I want to go by how I feel, but I would like a normal BMI which would be 140 soooo I am looking at 75 lbs to lose!!!! Yikes

Hello new here!! 5'5" and 211.6 lbs this morning! I am 9 days post op - only lost 6.4 lbs so far' date=' but I also am just starting to feel better... Yay!!

I am going to get walking tomorrow !! I want to help keep things moving!!

I am still unsure of my goal weight, I want to go by how I feel, but I would like a normal BMI which would be 140 soooo I am looking at 75 lbs to lose!!!! Yikes[/quote']

U can do anything if u put ya mind to it u got this im still over 200 plds nd gotta lose almost the same amount as uuugggh that sucks... but good luck nd I no u got this...Good Luck

Hi everyone, I am new. I was sleeved on feb. 26, 2013, preop weight 212 and I am 5' 6". My goal is 150 lbs and my current weight is 205. I have lost nothing in the second week and am very discouraged. I have Pcos and very hig cholesterol, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi everyone, I am new. I was sleeved on feb. 26, 2013, preop weight 212 and I am 5' 6". My goal is 150 lbs and my current weight is 205. I have lost nothing in the second week and am very discouraged. I have Pcos and very hig cholesterol, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Ejmai! Our weight,height and goal weights are exactly the same! First let me say don't be discouraged. I had surgery Nov. 2nd and weighed 212. I weigh 167 today. I feel and look SO much better! I average 6-8 pounds a month. However everyone is different and I also had 3 holidays to tempt me. Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentines (I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries! LOL) I think because we have a lower BMI it doesn't come off as fast. However I am not a big exerciser and don't exercise like should. so you may very well lose it a lot faster than I have. I have a app on my phone that I use sometimes to keep up with calories. I highly recommend it. Its called MY FITNESS PAL. I will be happy to answer any questions can :)

Hi Ejmai! Our weight,height and goal weights are exactly the same! First let me say don't be discouraged. I had surgery Nov. 2nd and weighed 212. I weigh 167 today. I feel and look SO much better! I average 6-8 pounds a month. However everyone is different and I also had 3 holidays to tempt me. Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentines (I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries! LOL) I think because we have a lower BMI it doesn't come off as fast. However I am not a big exerciser and don't exercise like should. so you may very well lose it a lot faster than I have. I have a app on my phone that I use sometimes to keep up with calories. I highly recommend it. Its called MY FITNESS PAL. I will be happy to answer any questions can :)

Hi Melinda ! Thanks so much for the response, I really needed the lift, I am also glad to find someone to connect with....congrats on your loss. You r doing great!

Melinda, we live in the same area as well and both used dr. Cribbins !! Lol

OMG! That's so neat! I will private message you my email. We should meet sometime and talk.