Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Congrats Tom! You did it! and they even let you off the hook for a little while.

I have never been one to stick with exercise, bu tI'm doing so much better since I got an ipod shuffle for Christmas. Much cheaper than an ipod and I loaded it with all workout music...things over the decade that have gotten me moving or dancing. I pplug in at the gym and the time really flies by, compared with the clock watching I used to do.

Thank you very much. I appreciate everyone's congrats on my marriage. I am very lucky to have someone who loves and accepts me regardless of my weight. I look forward to many many healthy years with him. :biggrin1: He is definitely my #1 supporter.

Well, I promised to keep you updated. So here's my update...

FINALLY, I get to cross the finish line. I knew I was always at the end of the November list. I just didn't expect them to drag it out 2 months. ;) I will be banded tomorrow morning. Keep me in your prayers.

I'm still hanging around learning from you all!

Chris the wannabe "November, but happy with January" bandster. :huggie:

FINALLY, I get to cross the finish line. I knew I was always at the end of the November list. I just didn't expect them to drag it out 2 months. :tape2: I will be banded tomorrow morning. Keep me in your prayers.

Chris the wannabe "November, but happy with January" bandster. ;)

YEAH CHRIS!!! Good luck tomorrow... we will be waiting to hear how it went!! You are still one of US and always will be!! I'll be praying for you!!

:huggie: Karen

Hey fellow November newbies...I get my second fill tomorrow morning! Looking forward to restriction!

Good luck with your second fill!! I hope it works for you! What size band do you have? I just had my first fill on Monday and found out I have the VG band... 10cc. So my first fill was supposed to be 4cc but because I am so far away from my surgeons', I asked for a smaller amount in case I had problems with it. I got 2ccs. Now I realize that I didn't get enough of a fill. I am HUNGRY and seem to be able to eat anything. So I am looking forward to my next fill, also!! Let us know how you do with this new fill!

Karen

It seems everyone is different. I got a 2.3cc fill last Sat. and can barely get anything down right now. I hope I don't have to get some taken out because it is so far away to get too. I am just trying to sip stuff all day long. Hot things are easier. I just have to keep remembering that I did this to myself so learn to deal with it. I remember them saying after your first fill you will really start loosing weight.........well if I can't get anything in then yah I will loose weight. I have to just use liquid suppliments right now and in a couple of weeks hopefully go to mushies. Time will tell and I am working on the patients part!!!!:hungry: I miss In n Out Burger!!!!!!!!

FINALLY, I get to cross the finish line. I knew I was always at the end of the November list. I just didn't expect them to drag it out 2 months. :tape2: I will be banded tomorrow morning. Keep me in your prayers.

Chris the wannabe "November, but happy with January" bandster. ;)

Inner Me!! Good luck tomorrow!! Keep us posted...we will be with you in spirit. :huggie:

I think most people get the 4cc band. I was surprised to find out I had the larger one. My doctor says it was a last minute decision based on the distribution of fat and body type. Even people with alot more to lose than me usually get the smaller band, so I am sure it has to do with being "apple-shaped" and thicker through the middle. So 2cc for me was not much of anything. 2 cc in a smaller band would be alot! My doc says that it would be normal to finish my fills at 6-8 cc. Anyone else have the VG band out there?

Karen

I think most people get the 4cc band. I was surprised to find out I had the larger one. My doctor says it was a last minute decision based on the distribution of fat and body type. Even people with alot more to lose than me usually get the smaller band, so I am sure it has to do with being "apple-shaped" and thicker through the middle. So 2cc for me was not much of anything. 2 cc in a smaller band would be alot! My doc says that it would be normal to finish my fills at 6-8 cc. Anyone else have the VG band out there?

Karen

Karen,

You are special, you get your very own custom band!:biggrin1: hehe I know, I am being silly! Talk soon!

so I was supposed to have my first fill today. I was really looking forward to it and the doctor has the flu & cancelled. I have a new appointment for Monday. Boy, it seems from reading all your posts that there is a big difference after the fill. I can eat just about anything tho I do get full faster. However, stopping when full is a matter of pure will power. I was worried because I expected more restricition. It sounds like I will get that with the fill.

Hey does anyone notice this....when I over eat my stomach gets really hard and it seems to take a long time to digest. I feel really full for hours & hours!

I'm going for my second fill next wednesday and I can't wait. I'm eating TOO much. My weight loss has slowed to less than a pound a week. I've been walking every day, but I joined the gym today and am going after work, so I hope to get into the routine of going regularly and doing a better work out. I am actually enjoying exercising again - I forgot ho good it feels to be active!!

Karen,

You are special, you get your very own custom band!:biggrin1: hehe I know, I am being silly! Talk soon!

You are too funny, Angela!! Thanks for trying to make me feel better!!

:huggie: Karen