Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Doing it for the fun, and the $, but it's 14 dogs x $25 a day.

Great money maker, Betsy!

Hi Everyone,

As you can see I am up again @ almost 4am because I am in pain again. This is what I am more afraid of for the fill not just the needle part...does anyone else go through what I am. It happens about an hour after I eat...the pain starts in the center of my back and in my stomach and lasts for hours.....I try throwing up, that doesn't help...I walk on my tread mill...sitting hurts...laying down hurts...I am very nervous about pain pills but I feel like I would take anything if it would stop the pain, but I don't because I worry they wouldn't go down and would erode my band. I have an e-mail into my Dr's but probably won't get a response because it's x-mas. UGHHH won't the pain stop. I feel like to only thing I can eat it Soup and I'm sick of soup. Once again sorry for the rambling and the complaining.

ust sick of hurting.

Jess

Jess,

You obviously do not need a fill yet. THE PAIN YOU HAVE MIGHT BE DUE TO EATING TOO MUCH and also from not chewing enough. try not to eat close to bedtime also. Make your more solid food earlier in the day, or when you feel less tight while you eat. remember about 1/4 cup- max 1 cup of food and chew, chew, chew even if you do not have a fill, because you still do have restriction. My surgery was Nov. 7 and it is just the past two days I find I do not have much restriction, but I still keep my portions small and chew, chew. I will not have a fill until January. This morning I woke up with a bit more restriction again. So do not hurry, enjoy your restriction and prevent the pain by having little portionas and chewing and on the way you will be losing weight!

Good luck!

What am I doing for Christmas? Well, it's just me, my husband and my 90 year old Mom. No one else is showing up. So we are watching FOURTEEN dogs for people while they are away...IN OUR HOUSE! All large breeds. It's hilarious. No kennels for these guys!

We have 4 dogs or our own! 3 Labs/retrievers and a lhasa. I can't imagine 14!

Let's see...2 standard poodles, 1 greyhound, 7 Golden Retrievers, 3 labs. Ages 5 months to 6 years. And they can teach us something about getting along. They've been wonderful! Active, but wonderful! The slower ones weigh more. The active ones weigh less. I'm going to the gym.....

oh my, I hate to be posting this but I am just can't believe I haven't been losing weight. After my original 16 lbs, poof nothing. It has been several weeks and the scale seems to have me losing and gaining the same 3 lbs over and over again. I know I can't be eating enough to gain weight. Certainly not 3-4 lbs in a day or two! I just really don't get it. I go for my fill on 1/11. Perhaps things will change then. Okay, thanks for the vent.

oh my, I hate to be posting this but I am just can't believe I haven't been losing weight. After my original 16 lbs, poof nothing. It has been several weeks and the scale seems to have me losing and gaining the same 3 lbs over and over again. I know I can't be eating enough to gain weight. Certainly not 3-4 lbs in a day or two! I just really don't get it. I go for my fill on 1/11. Perhaps things will change then. Okay, thanks for the vent.

Well...I haven't been gaining, but I haven't been eating right. I woof down a burrito from taco bell just a few minutes ago. It didn't bother me one bit. I was banded almost 2 months ago and had one fill. the fill worked the first week and now it seems like I can eat again. I am a binge eater...

Also...did anyone have the same problem I had over the weekend. Anyone and everyone who (my dad told) knows that I had the lap band would ask me how much have you lost....can you eat that....aren't you eating too much...RRRRRRRRRRRR. I wish my dad hadn't told everyone. At least my in-laws didn't know, so when they were at my house I didn't have to listen to it, but then my mother and friend came over and I heard...I didn't expect to see you eating banana pudding. Isn't that bad for you...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi All,

i haven't posted much but will today!

i was banded Nov. 14 and won't have a fill until Jan.8.

i overate yesterday quite a bit.....not all at once....but almost like grazing.

When i came home, my chest felt tight and i felt like vomiting, but prayed i wouldn't.....and i didn't! :-)

Today i still feel full but my biggest problem and question is......did i stretch my pouch by my overeating......and what do i do if i did? How can i tell? etc.

Are we supposed to feel/have any restriction before getting a first fill?

Thanks for any help.

cal aka female

I'm trying to think of all of them as trying to be helpful.

The only one I really blew it with was my mother. I did so well at Christmas dinner, and then my mother brought out this incredible lemon cake pudding that I adore. She said she made it just for me...sugar free and with only a tablespoon of flour for the whole batch. i ate it with gusto. Then she told me it really had sugar in it and she just didn't think it would hurt me on Christmas. I told her that was like shoving a bottle of liquor in an alcoholic's mouth. She said she'd never do something like that and how could I say that. Then she said she'd never feed me again. Then we let it pass and went on enjoying Christmas. Brutalized and duped by my own enabling 90 year old Mother! Oy vay!

I was actually more annoyed with me than her...I've been going after lots of sweets...odd since I rarely did before. Not sure what that's about, but thanks for helpin' out, Ma!

Hey Cal... chances are you did nothing to your pouch. We've all been through it. Especially not having a fill so almost no restriction. You're normal, dear.

The only one I really blew it with was my mother. I did so well at Christmas dinner, and then my mother brought out this incredible lemon cake pudding that I adore. She said she made it just for me...sugar free and with only a tablespoon of flour for the whole batch. i ate it with gusto. Then she told me it really had sugar in it and she just didn't think it would hurt me on Christmas. I told her that was like shoving a bottle of liquor in an alcoholic's mouth. She said she'd never do something like that and how could I say that. Then she said she'd never feed me again. Then we let it pass and went on enjoying Christmas. Brutalized and duped by my own enabling 90 year old Mother! Oy vay!

I was actually more annoyed with me than her...I've been going after lots of sweets...odd since I rarely did before. Not sure what that's about, but thanks for helpin' out, Ma!

I love the sweets...always have. I'm diabetic too.

Shouldn't that be your decision to make?

Shouldn't that be your decision to make?

I kind of find it to be cruel...My family was just the opposite...they were watching everything I put up to my mouth. Is your mother thin?