Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 10 Days Post Op And Not Sure About Fullness

I just had miso Soup for dinner (broth only) and it took me about 50 min to drink it. Afterwards I measured it and it was 2 1/4 cups. Is this ok? I havent had any discomfort or nausea. Just not sure how much to drink in what amount of time. Thoughts???

I am 14 days post op and am in the same boat. liquids run through the sleeve a lot quicker than solids..no worries.

If you can hold it down and it took almost an hour to do it there should be no reason to be concerned.

My surgeon said solids will be a different situation.

Thank u so much!!! I was getting worried because so many others here are having a hard time getting in fluids. And I certainly don't want to stretch my sleeve esp this early on. I was hoping it was just fluids passing through easily. I could never do that with thinned yogurt! Thanks again (-:

There is a lot of misconceptions about stretching the sleeve. Basically it takes a lot of work to stretch it, but do a search on here to read everyone's opinion, ask your doc, and decide on your own what feels best to you. What everyone DOES pretty much agree on is that liquids don't stretch the sleeve. :-)

I had little problems drinking liquids too and was happy! No dehydration issues for people like us.

Good luck!!

Thank you Doxieville. I just had my 1 week post op appt with my surgeon this morning and I forgot to ask him. I see him again in 3 weeks, so thats why I asked here. Thank you for reassurance about no stretching with liquid. I dont think Im overdoing anything because when I feel full I stop drinking for a few minutes. I just needed reassurance because I have read so many posts on here about folks barely getting in 3 oz of liquid and I obviously can drink way more than that in a 30 min timeframe. This is such a wonderful forum and I appreciate all opinions and posts here. It is so good to hear from such a large population. Thank you again! (-: