Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Wondering....has Anyone Reached Goal Without Any Exercise?

I am just curious to find out if anyone has made it to their goal without any exercise? I have been doing light exercise (not cleared for full out exercise yet) but I haven't been regular about it. Honestly I have never been a fan of exercise and still dread doing it and have to make myself.

For those that started exercising far after getting sleeved, at what point did you realize the rest just wasn't going to go anywhere without moving your @$$? lol

I doubt you'll find anyone that has made it even close to goal without exercise. The sleeve is just a tool, not a magic wand.

exercise is something we need to do. however, i have not been a faithful exerciser and i've lost 72lbs in almost 6 months. i still need to lose another 30lbs but my weight loss hasn't stopped yet. :)

I hate exercise if you talk about running on a treadmill for an hour or whatever. I do, however, have a very active lifestyle. I am a housekeeper so I do housekeeping for about 6-12 hours a week and I've grown to love hula hooping and tried rowing and I spend about 2hrs give or take with those. You won't find me in a gym but I do stay active.

I'm sure somebody has done it. But the odds are not in your favor. The HUGE majority of successful sleevers have learned to embrace a more active life. It does not have to be monotonous exercise. shake things up. If you have a place, start kayaking. Cycling is always great fun and hardly feels like exercise. Take up tennis or raquetball. I started jogging with the C25K program about 2 months ago. I absolutely hated it at first. Now, thanks to the progress I've made, I love it and I'm addicted to it.

I have some friends who take a crossfit class and they love it. Not only is it never boring or monotonous, it's always changing and it will get you in phenomenal shape.

I am 15 pounds away from my goal and most of my weight was lost without exercise. I am not proud of it, but with time constraints and responsibilities, I have not been able to exercise like I want to.

I lost 25 pounds on a 6-week pre op diet (my surgery was delayed 4 weeks) and now I'm over 60 pounds 3 months post op. I walk 4 days a week for at least an hour (training for the 3-Day for the Cure), kickboxing on Wed, and weight training on Monday. After the 3-day, I'll drop one walking day for yoga. Weight training to build enough muscle to boost my metabolism and reduce the amount of saggy skin. Yoga to increase my strength and flexibility. I definitely want to be thin but I also want to look and be healthy. My stalls are never more than 4 days and the inches continue to change. The secret? Only do exercises you REALLY enjoy. It may take some experimenting to find it, but it's worth the search!

G.

So far I am only walking and doing Tai Chi. I walk with my husband, and that's our time to talk. I really miss it in the wintertime when it gets too cold to go out. I'm not a huge workout person, but I have some little hand-weights and I like doing the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds videos when it's too cold to go outside. I'm actually pretty clumsy, so walking or marching is about my upper limit. :)

I am just curious to find out if anyone has made it to their goal without any exercise? I have been doing light exercise (not cleared for full out exercise yet) but I haven't been regular about it. Honestly I have never been a fan of exercise and still dread doing it and have to make myself.

For those that started exercising far after getting sleeved' date=' at what point did you realize the rest just wasn't going to go anywhere without moving your @? lol[/quote']

I know someone who was sleeved and the only exercise they did afterwards was walk regularly. They lost all of their excess weight and then some, but it did not do good things for the loose skin or overall physique. There was no healthy, trim look, it was a wasting away skinny look - with plenty of loose skin. Walking is great, but adding in strength training is important too.

I work out quite a bit and feel it has reAlly helped my skin. My arms, after losing 80 lbs and having 30 to go - look pretty darn good. I haven't been able to avoid all excess skin - I just think working out has helped some areas immensely. Also, as far as my weight loss goes, I can't imagine where I would be if I didn't have the benefit of working out. Not this far, I'm pretty sure.

Without the weight it is certainly easier to work out!

I know people who had RNY that made it to goal and then some without much, if any, exercise.

You will look and feel much better if you do exercise. And remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so the goal weight shouldn't be the be-all-end-all goal.

Good luck.

I sure did! I am in maintenance so now I go just to channel all my energy since my boyfriend thinks I am a sex addict! I am so so horny all the Danm time

That's darn good cardio, though!!

Thanks everyone for the responses! I have been doing Chalean Extreme (strength training) and walking (just not everyday). Once I am 8 weeks out I will go back to tennis which I adore (even though I stink at it ha ha). I never just want a body that is skin and bones. My mom has always been a skinny minnie but I didn't like her figure because she had no shape. Where as I had it in all the right places (when I was 120 lbs ha ha), I hope to get some of that back! As much as I don't like having to exercise I know it has to be done for most of us but I was curious whether there were any lucky ones reached goal without it. Now I know they are rare but do exist!!Keep up the good work all!

Your body needs to exercise or you'll lose more muscle than you want to and it will be unattractive, and you'll end up a skinny fat person. Bad news! However exercising while fat is hard, it's so much easier as you lose the weight.

Ive workd out about twice and three months post op.im down 60 pounds.my schedule is very busy.single mom working ft, in college also.kids in sports.have no time.when my classes are finished i am definitely going to start exercising