Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The vacation was booked a year ago and I haven't had one since 2004. Three of my best friends and I flying out to spend a week in Napa/Sonoma for a tour of wine country. Each and every day centered around traveling from vineyard to vineyard for wine tastings and food. Travel arrangements were booked and non-refundable.

Fast forward to September 2012 when I asked my nutritionist about this trip and the scheduling of my surgery. It had to be either by September 26 or after October 30. The doctor scheduled me for September 26.

Now it is getting close to the date of the trip, October 21, which is 25 days after my vsg. I have had no problems, complications, issues. I have started soft foods at about 1.5 weeks with exceptional results. I feel fantastic and have dropped 16 lbs so far.

So I now have to figure out how exactly I am going to negotiate this trip. Soups and soft things in restaurants, bottled Water on the go.

The question I will ask my doctor at my two week checkup, which will actually be 3 weeks post-op, will be if it is ok to "taste" wine. Not sit and drink a half of a bottle, but to participate in tasting.

Comments, ideas, suggestions?

Honestly,at 6 weeks out I had a sip or 2 of wine.It made me horribly drunk and gave me terrible reflux.For me it was way to early.

At 3.5 months out I had a teeny tiny little bit of red wine again...again it made me horribly drunk (like an instant hangover,headache and all)

At 6.5 months I can now drink a decent glass of good wine and be fine.

At least you can taste and eat tasty morsels of food and enjoy that!

I'd taste (spit) now to get your pallet back at home. I've tasted a tiny bit of dh's wine and spit and I'll tell you it tastes bad. We are wine collectors and getting my palet (how do you spell that lol) back is important.

I just went (we go annually at least because we have friends with wineries there) in may for my bday. I was pre surgery and not worried about restrictions but I was driving our friends suv and their driveway is an elegant gated goat trail so mostly I just asked for a small pour or I tasted and spat. The girls actually figured me out pretty early and started to fight for the seat next to me at tastings lol. They liked to "share" what I wasn't drinking heh heh.

Don't miss Cade and Hess if you can get in ( Cade might not be open to the public regularly but it's one of the best out there, far surpassing silver oak etc).

You should definitely taste and spit it out! It's way to early for you to be having something so acidic. I would bet if you swallowed much of it, you would not feel well

at all.

some wine places have soon bowls. you want to taste not always drink. out has to do with you're tongue nose and hair I'm sure they will show you

Or you could just go and eat what you can, and let your girl friends have your wine.

Or you could just go and eat what you can' date=' and let your girl friends have your wine.[/quote']

It is not physically possible to go to Cade and at least swirl that lucious necter of the gods around your tongue!