Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits October Challenge

Kat..........sounds like life is becoming "normal" (yipee) again! Hope that hubby of yours continues to mend.

Julie...........Kat had a great idea there about a group TT! Don't know if I'd do it tho, I'm going to be 67 next month..........might be a bit too late for me to have any more "elective surgery".............I'm still thinking about it tho................but by the time I actually get my tushy down to the right size, I'll probably be closer to 68...........oh, well, guess I'll have to live with the saggy arms, tummy, thighs and tush............it all sure looks a lot better tho since my 50lb loss and nobody but my hubby of 45 years gets to see all the sag.................and he loves the package no matter what (he's a great guy - but it's hard to believe I'm now sleeping with a 70 year old!!!!).

Trying to keep calm and cool about our son's upcoming surgery, hard to do.....................the exercise helps pass the time, helps me sleep, makes me feel good about myself............and the support from all of you is so helpful.

October

2 - 1 Hour NIA class

3 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (to and back from breakfast)

4 -

5 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (our favorite to breakfast)

6 - 1 Hour NIA class

7 - 1 Hour NIA class

8 -

9 - 1 Hour NIA, 1/2 hour Core, 1 Hour Strength Training

10 - ***new class*** 1 hour Group Grove/1 hour rt walk to Breakfast

11 - 1 hour NIA

13 - 1 hour NIA

14 - 1 hour NIA

15 -

16 - 1 hour NIA

17 - 1 hour walk to breakfast

18 - 1 Hour NIA

19 - 1 hour rt walk to breakfast

Boo, you ROCK! Way to go for running 4.5 miles! No, I don't think there's any danger to your band in running. I can't wait to join you!

Roberta, I'm thinking good thoughts for your dad's recovery. You still have plenty of time to meet the challenge since you've already done 8 sessions. Hang in there.

Kat, I love your new exercise! I'm so cold these days and I have a fireplace. Come chop some wood for me???

Betty, 68 is YOUNG. You can have a TT if you want it. Of course, at a starting weight of 234 and as rockin' as you are with the exercise challenge, I bet you won't even need it.

Bluehill, thanks for your sweet post about my -100 on the other board. You're a doll and believe me, you inspire me a ton too.

I met with my trainer tonight for my 10th of the 17 challenges. I'm beat.

Catch yall tomorrow,

Kat - I did an extra workout for you...go ahead and count it. I hope things continue to improve!

Julie and Roberta and everybody - Thanks for the encouragement!!

We ALL rock!!

If we do this next month, can we add something related to drinking our Water into the mix? I am really being bad about this.

Susan must have been spying on me!!! I have been really bad about drinking enough as well....I just this morning filled my Water bottles, and put them in the fridge, so I can work my way through them today, it always makes me more aware of what I am or am NOT getting in!!!

Thanks for the extra workout Boo!! I am managing to keep going. I have my hula hoop contest with my great niece tomorrow...should be fun, I will likely laugh off more calories than I hula hoop off!! Today I will be hitting Curves again, and a friend and I are walking through a Parade of Homes today and tomorrow. She has been banded as well, so we are actively trying to find new activities to do together that don't revolve around eating! The big advantage to that is sharing a meal is a given!!! But she and her DH were both banded, he has done really well too, he is down over 100 pounds already! I am excited as can be at pushing the 70 pound mark.

Julie--I seriously plan on continuing to chop that wood, it may sound funny, but those bat wings I have on my upper arms, the muscles there are so sore--so I know it is actually working those! I need that! So it is something we need done, and it is helping me reach my goal...so it is a keeper. When we go to the Dr. today, we will find out if DH can bowl again soon or not, and if he can we are going to go, and will go weekly. I am finally excited about finding things to DO...that are fun, and will help us stay in shape. We have a ride planned for Sunday, DH has not been on a horse in years, so it likely won't be as long as I would have liked!!! He prefers his Iron horse!!!

Well time to get the Granddaughter dressed....the day is half over, but since we are going to the Dr. I wanted her clean, so she stayed in jammies this morning!!! Lazy Granny strikes again!!!

Kat

Hi all............Everyone is doing so great.............I guess we're all pretty much alike tho about the water..........it was easier in the summer......good idea about adding it next month!

I'm beat.................yesterday I did my marathon morning at the gym - 2 1/2 hours of classes and I went today for my regular Sat morning NIA class........not bad for this "young" grammy!

I only need 1 more day to meet this months challenge!!!!

Going this week for a fill on Wed. and to see my doctor for my 6 month (a little longer) check-up. I've been playing with the same couple of pounds for a few weeks now...........between 183 - 186........time for a fill!

October

2 - 1 Hour NIA class

4 -

6 - 1 Hour NIA class

7 - 1 Hour NIA class

8 -

10 - ***new class*** 1 hour Group Grove/1 hour rt walk to breakfast

11 - 1 hour NIA

13 - 1 hour NIA

14 - 1 hour NIA

15 -

16 - 1 hour NIA

18 - 1 Hour NIA

20 - 1 hour NIA, 1/2 hour Core, 1 hour Group Power

21 - 1 Hour NIA

I went to Miami for a Bar Mitzvah this weekend. I've only been to one or two in my life and that was 20 years ago -- WOW -- the whole weekend-long event was ALL about food. More food than I've ever seen. Crazy. It was great to get south though and to be in the sun and the ocean. I wasn't cold for the first time in months (I don't know why I can't warm up. I'm sure it's related to the weight loss, but it seems that no matter how much I wear, I'm still cold).

So, to counteract the weekend's food, I did locate the hotel's gym. I can't say I got the BEST workouts of my life, but I did do the "minimum" and get on the treadmill for 35 minutes every day I was gone. That's something, right? And, I got up this morning and went to the gym before work (which, for a Monday, is quite a feat, plus I didn't get home until 11 last night).

So, all that's to say that I'm to 13 of my 17 workouts. I'm meeting with my trainer tomorrow night and I'm in the country this weekend, which lends itself to plenty of walking time, so I think I'll meet this month's challenge.

I don't know about you guys, but I need this challenge. I really wouldn't do but about 1/2 of my exercise without it. That said, I don't think we should increase the number of sessions again next month. I don't know why, but 17 felt hard this month! I think our ultimate goal should be 20 times a month for 40 minutes, but I propose the following for next month:

(1) 17 workout sessions.

(2) 36 minutes each (it's just an extra minute so we can't really complain about that, yet it adds 17 minutes to our month).

(3) 8-10 glasses of Water (or whatever your personal goal is -- I try to drink 12, but that includes what I drink at the gym, which some don't include) at least 6 days a week.

What do you think?

You are all doing so well, way to go! I have been slacking this month. I have been putting in extra hours at work, and by the time I get home and have dinner I am wiped out and go straight to bed. I don't think I am going to meet the challenge this month, but I am going to try and step it up for the remainder of the month. Especially because for the first time since getting my first fill, the scale did not move this week. :)

10/4: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/6: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/7: 50 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/8: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/9: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/11: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/12: 40 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/13: None

10/14: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/15: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/16: none

10/17: none

10/18: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/19: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/20: none

10/21: none

10/22: 4 hours walking around the zoo<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Susan, you can make it! You've already done 12 of the 17 and you have 9 days left! Come on, girlfriend, you can do it! It doesn't have to be the world's best workout every time - just go for a 35 minute walk around the block after dinner 3 times this week. Then you'll be so close to finishing that you'll get in two good workouts either over the weekend or by next Tuesday and you'll meet the challenge.

The dancing bananas are playing the guitar, just to cheer you on!

:) :) :) :) :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :bananapartyhat: :Banane08:

:clap2: Am I "buff" or what? I did the challenge.......17 days, 1 new exercise............and I'm still going! What a Grammy! Have a busy week coming up - brother having some medical tests and I'm helping him out, going for a fill on Wed (a 2 hour drive back and forth) - my baby son (40) coming into Portland to be with our other son who is having surgery.....so, don't know if I'll get much in the way of "gym" exercise - but I'll try to get in walking.

Julie, I like the adding the Water for our November Challenge...........my weak link!

October

2 - 1 Hour NIA class

4 -

6 - 1 Hour NIA class

7 - 1 Hour NIA class

8 -

10 - ***new class*** 1 hour Group Grove/1 hour rt walk to breakfast

11 - 1 hour NIA

13 - 1 hour NIA

14 - 1 hour NIA

15 -

16 - 1 hour NIA

18 - 1 Hour NIA

20 - 1 hour NIA, 1/2 hour Core, 1 hour Group Power

21 - 1 Hour NIA

22 -

23 - 1 Hour NIA, 1/2 hour Core, 1 hour strength training

Been feeling allergies coming on so I drank way too much Water today (about 100 oz). The good news is that I'm not dehydrated. The bad news is that it was difficult to run very fast. I was too heavy carrying it around!

I do like the idea of adding a water-drinking challenge, though. With Halloween next week, I wish I had accepted a sugar-free challenge!

Well we got 3rd place in the hula hoop contest!!! We made it for 19 minutes before we (read me) lost it! They stopped the contest after 33 minutes when the 2nd place duo went out! It was fun, but more of a workout than I remember it being as a kid!! I have been walking, and made it to Curves yesterday, going to go again tomorrow, today I have my granddaughter, so we will take a long walk here when she wakes up from her nap. It is such perfect walking weather, and she likes me giving her the bright leaves we find, the other day her stroller was shedding leaves as we walked we had picked up so many!!! At any rate, I am getting my time in, even though not all of them are at the gym or in an organized activity. I like the walking, it is something I will always do, so it is a good daily thing for me. I have been making myself fill Water bottles, so I can see how much I am drnking, otherwise it just slips my mind. Barring any more catastrophies I will make the challenge!!!

Well I was interupted by the phone, then the baby woke up, so we have walked to the park, swung for awhile, and then on to the store, for some dinner necessities. All together about a mile and a quarter, so if I do some work on my balance ball tonight, I will easily make today count!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing really well! Thanks for the much needed motivation during this stressful month!!

Kat

Kat, That is totally cool that you won 3rd place. I can't even hula hoop for 10 seconds! I've never gotten that hip action down.

I know that I should feel excited because of my ability to run. And this week there have been at least a dozen compliments on my weight-loss. But the scale has not budged this month. My husband says everything is getting tighter, but I want the scale victory, also! Sorry to be down, but I just am. The numbers just get to me!

Hi everybody. It's been a while since I've posted (since 10/19) My husband had a little set- back after his surgery but is doing just fine now.My furnace went down the next night and I haven't had heat since then. Arguing everyday with Sears ( we have a repair contract with them) getting the run around, waiting for them to come, being told we couldn't get service until 11/13th. All I've done these last few days is sit on the couch near my space heater and watch TV. They finally came late yesterday. I never got to go to Curves and was too disgusted to go on the treadmill. Not that these are really valid reasons.. it was just my state of mind. I had my own little "pity party" going on for a few days. I don't know what happened to me this month, I just couldn't seem to get it together. I don't think I'm going to make the challenge this month. I did go to Curves today... 35 min.

Congratulations to: Bluehill for your 80# loss, our Hula Hoop queen Kat for making third place, to Betty for completing the challenge,to Julie for working out in Fla. while being tempted by lots of food, and Susan for continuing to press on!!

Boo, hang in there as I said before, the scale is evil and lies to us. You'll see the scale move eventually. For now, just enjoy the fact that people are noticing your new body.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Roberta

Thanks, Roberta. I needed to hear that. I'll keep plugging along!