Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits October Challenge

I couldn't run until I got under 180 for starters. (When I shrunk out of DD). Not only was it too hard on my bustline, but my knees hurt. So the drop in weight is a HUGE help!

I still could not run well if I didn't have this bra. I wear my underwire, then a double-layer jog bra over it which is tight. The first layer comes down pretty low and has mesh and thick elastic. It is called "Bra Topper" by Lilyette. The only down side is that I have to adjust it sometimes so it doesn't bother my port.

Running is so freeing!!

Had some shocking news from my 43 year old (oldest) son yesterday. He has to have heart surgery on the 26th. He had a heart valve replacement when he was 25 years old (almost 20 years ago) and they just found out that the valve is leaking and he also has an aneurism of the thoracic aorta that has to be repaired. He's a husband to a wonderful lady and daddy to 3 great kids and with the help of a wonderful team of doctors and God's help will do well and be there for them and us for many years to come. Would appreciate prayers and good wishes. My exercise keeps me busy, helps me sleep and I plan to continue with my daily (almost) routine!

October

2 - 1 Hour NIA class

3 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (to and back from breakfast)

4 -

5 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (our favorite to breakfast)

6 - 1 Hour NIA class

7 - 1 Hour NIA class

8 -

9 - 1 Hour NIA, 1/2 hour Core, 1 Hour Strength Training

10 - ***new class*** 1 hour Group Grove/1 hour rt walk to Breakfast

11 - 1 hour NIA

13 - 1 hour NIA

Betty,

Many prayers and good wishes to you, your son, daughter-in-law, and children. I hope you can stay strong! Your loved ones need you. Come vent here if you need to break down.

I admire your drive to continue your workouts. They are a great venting tool as well.

Hugs

Oh Betty, that is shocking news!! So very sorry to hear this . My prayers go out to you and your extended family. I admire your determination to exercise, and use it as a way to release the pressure you are under.

Roberta

Good Morning,

Kat, I just read about your husband. I feel so awful for you, what a tough thing to be going through. I will definitely pray for the both of you and hope all turns out for the best.

Guysis, my goodness, your son is so young, and with a beautiful young family as well. I am also praying for him, you and your entire family as well.

Please ladies, keep us posted on how everyone is doing.

I have not been on much this week, have been very busy. I didn't know once your child hits 13 they suddenly have you running everywhere all the time between their extracurricular school activities and their busy social lives. Anyways, I have been keeping up with the challenge, although I have not tried anything new yet. I haven't been able to get on my ab lounger as my doctor wants me to continue to give my port a little more time to heal. I am hoping he will let me before the end of the month and that can be my new thing.

Boo, you ran 3.5 miles!!! That is awesome. I am not sure I can run from my couch to my bed, lol.

10/4: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/6: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/7: 50 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/8: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/9: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/11: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/12: 40 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/13: None<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Betty, I'm so very sorry to hear of your son's medical crisis. Please know that I include you and your family in my prayers, and for your son, a good outcome to the surgery on Oct. 26.

Kat, still praying for your husband's recovery.

I completed the second week of the challenge with a perfect record, Monday through Friday, so I'm satisfied with my effort and not feeling guilty about sitting around on my butt on the weekend. Which I love to do! I'm comfortable in rewarding myself with a couple of days off from exercise. Far better than rewarding myself with food, huh?

October Challenge

1) 10/2: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

2) 10/3: 1-hr yoga class, 35-min lap swim

3) 10/4: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

4) 10/5: 1-hr yoga class, 35-min lap swim

5) 10/6: 35-min lap swim

6) 10/9: 1-hr movement class, 35-min lap swim

7) 10/10: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

8) 10/11: 1-hr movement class, 40-min lap swim

9) 10/12: 1-hr yoga class, 40-min lap swim

10) 10/13: 40-min lap swim

Hello friends--and I do not use that word lightly! I am happy to report that at this time, our immediate crisis has passed. They took Rick off of the ventilator late Wed. night,he was moved to the regular medical ward on Thursday, and he has improved by leaps and bounds since, and is in fact now home! We are not fully out of the woods, he has to be extremely careful not to strain or do anything that could cause the bleed to start, and it could also start without cause or warning. BUT for now he is alive, and by my side, and I am one VERY HAPPY woman!!! I want to thank everyone for their prayers, I just knew I needed as many going up as I could get, and I do appreciate them all, more than I can find words to convey. Betty, I will add your son to mine, and I will pray for his health and for strength for you and his family. I cannot recall being this scared, ever. I have also never ever seen so much blood in my life, and do not care to see it ever again! We are back to mini walks, just down the block today, so my logged time will not add up, but I cannot leave him alone right now, and this takes precedence right now, will have to power up in the coming days to make the challenge!! I am heading back to Curves on Monday...I may make it by the end of the month. I have the hula hoop thing with my niece coming up...so between that and bowling I have stepped out of my comfort zone!

Well I am going to look around and see what all I missed in everyones lives, once again, thank you for your prayers, and concern...I am very glad to count you among my friends!!! Special people without a doubt!!

Kat

Kat, thanks so much for updating us on the wonderful news that your husband is home from the hospital and already taking mini walks. Hooray! All best wishes to him for a speedy recovery, and to you for continued success with your exercise regimen, even when it has to go on the back burner for a bit.

Kat, I am so happy to hear that your husband is doing better and home all ready! That is wonderful news. Right now, just concentrate on him and making him well again. We are so pleased that things are improving.

Well, I just finished another 35 minutes on the treadmill. In some ways, I feel guilty because I am not doing a minute more than the challenge requires. And, yet in others I am proud because I think if it weren't for this challenge, I wouldn't be doing anything at all.

10/4: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/6: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/7: 50 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/8: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/9: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/11: 35 minutes on the treadmill

10/12: 40 minute walk around the neighborhood

10/13: None

10/14: 35 minutes on the treadmill<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kat, I am so happy for you and your family. May your husband continue to mend and grow strong. After the initial shock of learning about our son, we are trying to be cool, calm and collected. My daughter-in-law is so positive and says the doctors are all very positive - so we are all thinking good thoughts about our son's upcoming surgery.

This challenge is so good for me.......keeps me busy, helps me sleep, and is so good for my body!

October

2 - 1 Hour NIA class

3 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (to and back from breakfast)

4 -

5 - 1 hour 3 mile walk (our favorite to breakfast)

6 - 1 Hour NIA class

7 - 1 Hour NIA class

8 -

9 - 1 Hour NIA, 1/2 hour Core, 1 Hour Strength Training

10 - ***new class*** 1 hour Group Grove/1 hour rt walk to Breakfast

11 - 1 hour NIA

13 - 1 hour NIA

14 - 1 hour NIA

Hi Betty,

First off, I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Your daughter-in-law sounds like a very strong, positive person and I am sure her strength will help your son.

Now, just curious, was is a NIA class? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Hi Susan and rest of you exercise buff friends!

Susan you asked about NIA.......

it's the greatest class invented. It's got me lovin exercise.......and since I'm a 67 year old (on Nov 12th) grammy who has always hated exercise - it's worth telling you all about.

go to the link below and they can explain it much better than I can........it's a wonderful dance, tai-chi and more class that is so much fun and gives you the greatest work-out.......look for it in your area and if it's around - give it a try, you'll love it. I am very luck to have it at the gym I belong to in the Portland, OR area.........let me know if any of you try it!

http://www.nia-nia.com/

Hi everyone--everything here is still going well. Rick had a rough night, coughed a lot, which is supposed to be something he avoids doing, but that is easier said than done. He took the meds, and although it didn't seem to help much, he is ok.

Susan made me see my excuse for what is was....an excuse!!! Yes I need to be home with DH, but yes I too have a treadmill...so I used it!!! Thank you Susan!!! This weight is not just gonna jump off of me, I have to work too...I needed the kick in the pants!!! So, I am so-so back on track, will be trying to go for a walk in the leaves this evening, because friends are coming in to watch the Bronco's game with Rick, he won't be alone, and I can take the cell, and get some air.

You guys keep me in line!!!

Kat

So happy to hear your husband is feeling up to watching the game!

Enjoy your walk in the leaves............it's raining here and I'm too much of a wimp to walk in the rain!