Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey To Happily Ever After.

My name is Shauna here is a little background on my life and how I got here. And a link to my blog if anyones interested :) http://na-na2minina-na.blogspot.com/

I’ve been heavy through all of my teen and adult life. I can remember adults when I was younger saying that I was just big boned and I would grow out of it, well I never did. I think it was their “Nice” way of saying that I was a fat child. I may have been a heavy person, but I never let it stop be from pursuing things I wanted in life, like a relationship, learning how to drive, or graduating high school and going to college. I have tried losing weight in the past, but I never really thought I was losing it for me I was losing it because someone else was pushing me to lose it. During high school my parents had taken me to the doctors for something other than a weight issue and I ended up being put on a medication that was to help you lose weight. I was only supposed to be on it for 3 months and that was it. The doctor had set up the prescription for me and he was giving me them in the office. My family moved a short time after that and I never returned to that doctor. And the weight came back on.

At the end of high school I met the first person I ever fell in love with and gave my whole heart to. I was with him for 6 years. And my weight was always an issue. And I would join Weight Watchers to please him and try to exercise with him to make him happy and it was never really for me. I did lose weight with it, but once I stopped going for whatever the reason the weight would come back on. Being in a relationship where I was always judged on when I slept, or napped or exercised and for how long I exercised and it never being good enough really took a toll on me. So I was single for about 2 years after him and in Oct of 2009 I met the most amazingly supportive man I could have ever hoped for in a man. He has been nothing but positive and helps me through everything, all of my ups and my downs. Even in my breakdown and cry moments when all of the emotions of having WLS decided they want to come out. He pushes me when I need to be pushed and pulls me back when I go little too far. He’s everything I need.

While struggling with my weight and my career choices I developed high blood pressure, I am pre-diabetic and I don’t have sleep apnea yet but it is in my near future. Snoring is a huge problem. By being able to have this surgery it will help me decrease my chances of getting diabetes and get rid of my high blood pressure all together. I so badly want to start a family but I am very scared that I will not be healthy enough to do so. I want to be able to teach my children healthy choices and be able to run and play with them. I want to marry the Love of my Life and be able to grow old with him.

Thanks Aussie :)